Ballymartin  16  17
Darragh Cross  17   17
Attical  16   15
--------------------------------
Downpatrick  14  10
Tullylish   17  8
Kilclief   15   7
Dundrum   16   2

Outstanding Fixtures: Downpatrick v Attical + Downpatrick v Warrenpoint + Kilcilef v Banbridge + Downpatrick v Banbridge + Kilclief v Warrenpoint + Dundrum v Ballymartin + Warrenpoint Annaclone + Clann na Banna v Bryansford

Statto-Gael

Championships Next Round  ...... predictions (including some guesses)

Tues 26th August
Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Final: 6.45pm Portaferry 2 v Shamrocks (in Liatroim)      [Portaferry]
Intermediate Hurling Championship Semi Final: 6.45pm Kilclief v Liatroim (in Downpatrick)     [Kilclief]

Friday 29th August
In Dundrum
Junior Football Championship: 7pm Bright v Ballykinlar    [Bright]
In Burren
Around a Pound Intermediate Quarter Final: 7pm Drumgath v Annaclone    [Annaclone]
Powerade Senior Football Championship: 8.30pm Saval v Liatroim     [liatroim]

Saturday 30th August
In Newcastle
Around a Pound Intermediate Championship: 2pm Bredagh v Kilclief       [Bredagh]
Powerade Senior Football Championship: 3.30pm Loughinisland v Downpatrick      [Loughinisland]

In Pairc Esler
Around a Pound Intermediate Championship: 6.30pm Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint    [Warrenpoint]
Powerade Senior Football Championship: 8.30pm Burren v Kilcoo    [Kilcoo]

Sunday 31st August
In Bright
Junior Football Championship: 12pm St Johns v Drumaness    [Drumaness]

In Saval
Junior Football Championship: 1pm Mitchels v St Pauls     [St Pauls]
Junior Football Championship: 2.30pm Aghaderg v St Michaels    [St Michaels]

In Hilltown
Around A Pound Intermediate Championship: 5pm Darragh Cross v Shamrocks     [Shamrocks]
Powerade Down Senior Football Championship: 6.30pm Bryansford v Mayobridge    [Bryansford  ::)  ]

umpire

Predictions for Quarter final of Down Championships

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim;    Liatroim
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    Loughinisland
Burren v Kilcoo;    Burren
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilcleif;    Bredagh
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;      Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    Shamrocks

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    Bright
St John v Drumaness;    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Paul;    St Paul
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    St. Michaels

Previous meetings in Down Senior Championship

2003 First Round
Burren 0.10 Kilcoo 2.5

Burrren team and scorers

Mark Rock;
Ronan McGivern, Ciaran Byrne, Brian Murphy;
Aidan McGivern, Ciaran Doyle? (not sure), Ronan McGivern 0.1;
Sean Ward, Gavin Murdock 0.3;
Eoin McCartan, Brendan McKernan, Joe McGovern 0.1;
Paudie Bradley 0.2, James McCartan 0.2, PJ McAlinden 0.1;
Subs used,  John Treanor, Declan Rooney and Chris McGovern.

Kilcoo team and scorers

James Kane;
Kevin Morgan 0.1, Aidan Brannigan, Brian O'Hanlon;
Conor Morgan, Sean O'Hanlon, Gerard McAvoy;
Terry O'Hanlon, Dominic McAvoy 0.1;
Anthony Devlin, Emmett Devlin, Mark Brannigan 1.3;
Conor Laverty, Martin Johnston, Gary McAvoy 1.0;
Subs used, Donal Kane, Barry Morgan, Niall McAvoy and Jerome Johnston

2003 Final
Bryansford 1.8 Mayobridge 0.9

Bryansford team and scorers
Peter Travers;
Jim McGorrian, Andrew Kane, John Cunningham;
Gene Morgan, Adrain Carville, Brian McVeigh;
Brian Burns 0.1 Colum King;
Chris Brannigan 0.6, Shane King, Gerard McCrickard;
Colm Kearney, Joe Ireland, Conor Gribben 1.0;
Subs used,  Stephen McKibben 0.1 and Gareth Toner

Mayobridge team and scorers
Sean Featherstone;
Darragh Tighe, Brendan Grant, Gavin Barry;
Ronan O'Hare, Francis Poland, Noel Sexton 0.1;
Eoin Woods, Declan Rooney;
Brendan Coulter 0.1, Michael Walsh 0.1, Ronan Sexton;
Mickey Linden 0.1, Robbie Coulter 0.2, Glen McMahon 0.1;
Subs used Adrain Barry 0.1 and Kieran O'Hare

guevara

Anyone see the incident in saturday nights game Stone v Liatroim involving McCrickard?
Did Stone supporter get involved?
Surely not or this would be 2nd year in row that one of their supporters has got involved with a player in championship!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

centre 3/4s

Quote from: guevara on August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM
Anyone see the incident in saturday nights game Stone v Liatroim involving McCrickard?
Surely not or this would be 2nd year in row that one of their supporters has got involved with a player in championship!!

They are hard work them stone supporters unfortunately i was stuck in the middle of them could have done with subtitles to understand what they were saying half the time but got the jist of it. Dont think the championship has not lit up yet but our game on saturday night against Burren should be a real tussel

Square Ball

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim;    Liatroim
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    
Burren v Kilcoo;   
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilcleif;    Bredagh
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;      Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    Shamrocks

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    Bright
St John v Drumaness;    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Paul;    Mitchels
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    St. Michaels
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

amallon

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim    Saval
Loughinisland v Downpatrick    Loughinisland
Burren v Kilcoo    Burren
Bryansford v Mayobridge    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilcleif    Bredagh
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint      Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks    Shamrocks

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar    Bright
St John v Drumaness    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls    Mitchels
Aghaderg v St Michaels    St. Michaels
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stiff breeze

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim    Saval
Loughinisland v Downpatrick    Loughinisland
Burren v Kilcoo    kilcoo
Bryansford v Mayobridge    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilcleif    Kilclief
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint      Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks    Shamrocks

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar    Bright
St John v Drumaness    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls   St pauls
Aghaderg v St Michaels    St. Michaels

D4S

Quote from: guevara on August 25, 2008, 10:50:38 AM

Disappointing to go out of the championship to Liatroim, but honestly was not expecting a championship run this year with the amount of injuries we have.  The incident in question, there really is only one person to blame for it escalating to that and that is the referee.  He really was terrible, it was a really wet evening and his decisions were unbelievably poor.  McCrickard got frustrated by a minor getting the better of him and struck him after fouling him and got a red...Some of our supporters then who were all frustrated at the way the game had been panning out and the poor refereeing shouted abuse at McCrickard as he was going off (insert swear words and names of your choice here, im sure it was rough enough), McCrickard lost it then and was trying to jump the fence from what I could see.  I was standing on down a bit on scoreboard side of dugout so couldnt hear exactly what was being said just the commotion.  It has to be said though that the Liatroim supporters were not backward either in shouting abuse at our players and management.  Overall had no real significance on the result and both sets of supporters were vociferous to say the least...myself included.

We had the chances to put them away but didn't so has to come down to what happened on the pitch not the crowd.  Penalty miss in first half and numerous chances up front that went abegging in both halfs, combined with the atrocious playing conditions and abysmal refereeing led to a crap game of football, but it never lacked intensity.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

centre 3/4s

Reading the predictions here i see alot of people are not giving the ford a chance against the bridge i would beg to differ. As a neutral i have been to a few of these games both in league and championship and there has never been a big lot between ythe teams on each occasion. The ford are missing a few from the team named above by a previous post like king, kearney and travers but they still have a good team there and they are still unbeaten this year.

D4S

MY predictions hard to look by the favorites, tie of the round Burren v Kilcoo but I think Burren are very strong this year and are really gearing up for the championship.  Saval will beat Liatroim I think, Liatroim missing McCrickard now and they're very quick upfront so fancy them in that tie.   If it had of been Longstone meeting Saval I would have been worried as theyve beaten us twice this year.  Mayobridge will need to up their game bigtime to beat Bryansford as they haven't been playing well...but they wont underestimate Bryansford and it should be another good game.  Hopefully we'll get a dry weekend for a change and see some good football not hampered by the weather.

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim    Saval
Loughinisland v Downpatrick    Loughinisland
Burren v Kilcoo    Burren
Bryansford v Mayobridge    Mayobridge

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone    Annaclone
Bredagh v Kilcleif    Bredagh
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint      Warrenpoint
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks    Shamrocks

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar    Bright
St John v Drumaness    Drumaness
Newry Mitchels v St Pauls    Newry Mitchels
Aghaderg v St Michaels    St. Michaels
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

thewobbler

SFC
Saval v Liatroim
Saval have probably got the better balanced team, and definitely got a better squad overall. Fontenoys are on a bit of a roll though and have the individuals in key positions, and I can see them squeezing though. Liatroim by 1.

Loughinisland v Downpatrick
Even if the Hoops put in their performance of the season, Loughinisland should still be able to win this without hitting top gear. If they hit top gear and Hoops aren't fully focused, this will be a demolition job. I imagine Downpatrick will be up for it though. 'Island by 5.

Burren v Kilcoo
An Boireann have begun to get something approaching their first choice forward line in place, and being Burren, they'll have no fear or respect for their opponents whatsoever. But with the likes Cunningham, Byrne and McGivern occupying central positions, they could be exposed for mobility by a quick, committed team, which pretty much sums Kilcoo up. Kilcoo by 3.

Bryansford v Mayobridge
Mayobridge may have been off the boil against Clonduff, but that could be bad news 'Ford, as a kick up the arse could turn the Sky Blues determined - in which case there's only going to be one winner. Either way, I can't see wee Brannigan getting much change out of Gavin Barry, so I'd suggest that without their main point scoring threat, Bryansford are going to need to score 3 goals to keep this competitive. Mayobridge by 6.

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone
The derby element should keep this interesting for 15 minutes or so, and the inevitable lack of discipline should give spectators something to talk about. But if Drumgath would need the worst of condition and the friendliest of referees get within 10 points of their neighbours at present. Clone by 12.

Bredagh v Kilclief
This is an awkward one to call. Bredagh have been a reasonably consistent side, albeit at Division III level, for a couple of years now, while two Kilclief wins in a row would be a genuine cause for celebrations up on the Lough. But if Kilclief's main crew haven't got a stick match to attend, or haven't embarked en masse on a stag weekend (which they seem to do innumerable times a year), they should be too physically stong. Kilclief by 3.

Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint
'Point showed a lot of resolve against Clan na Banna last week, and in fairness have a very handy spine to their team, a spine capable of lifting this cup. Glassdrumman have a useful enough spine too, but the Point should expose them a bit for pace and class when it matters. Warrenpoint by 7.

Darragh Cross v Shamrocks
Potentially the tie of the round in the IFC. Unlike the other games, if both teams turn up here at full strength and commitment, this should go to the wire. Despite the ongoing criticism of their selection, Seamrogai's county boys should give an edge in terms of class and athleticism, but Darragh are well organised and have the rural club mentality to see them through a tight finish. Draw.

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar
I was surprised that Bright didn't rattle up a bigger score against the Finn, but if you has to choose 2 games to get to a semi-final, you would have picked Finn and Ballykinlar beforehand, and they should win this encounter by a similar margin. Bright by 11.

St Johns v Drumaness
We played Drumaness in the RFC a few weeks back and they'd half-a-dozen players at that level who would easily shine at JFC level too. Based on that, I'll take Drumaness by 6.

Newry Mitchels v St Pauls
This really hinges on whether the Mitchels are up for it, and only having to travel to Saval should help. St Paul's have the league form and seem to building year on year, something you could never really levy at the Newry men. St Paul's by 4.

Aghaderg v St Michaels
Aghaderg haven't really got going this season and shouldn't make much of an impact on a St Michael's side who are holding up well in the third. St Mick's by 8.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: D4S on August 25, 2008, 12:12:23 PM
MY predictions hard to look by the favorites, tie of the round Burren v Kilcoo but I think Burren are very strong this year and are really gearing up for the championship.  Saval will beat Liatroim I think, Liatroim missing McCrickard now and they're very quick upfront so fancy them in that tie.   If it had of been Longstone meeting Saval I would have been worried as theyve beaten us twice this year.  Mayobridge will need to up their game bigtime to beat Bryansford as they haven't been playing well...but they wont underestimate Bryansford and it should be another good game.  Hopefully we'll get a dry weekend for a change and see some good football not hampered by the weather.

Havent been playing well - beaten once all year - I would say that is form......

D4S

If you read back a few pages on this board you will see from mayobridge posters that they don't think they've been performing well..or to their high standards we all know they're capable of, is what I meant.  They've been beaten at least twice also spirit...Kilcoo and castlewellan have both beaten them in the league.  Didn't perform against clonduff in round1 of championship and played poorly against rostrevor Friday night.  They won these latter 2 games but I'm saying they will need to up it a gear for Bryansford again.  Which I think they will!!

off the laces

SFC;
Saval v Liatroim;    Liatroim by 1it will be tight without McCrickard
Loughinisland v Downpatrick;    Loughinisland by 4
Burren v Kilcoo;    Kilcoo by 3 with maybe one sending off in the game
Bryansford v Mayobridge;    Mayobridge by 5+

IFC
Drumgath v Annaclone;    Annaclone by 4
Bredagh v Kilcleif;    Kilclief by 2 would gladly like to be wrong on this one ;D ;D
Glasdrumman v Warrenpoint;      Warrenpoint by 5
Darragh Cross v Shamrocks;    Shamrocks by 2

JFC
Bright v Ballykinlar;    Bright by 7
St John v Drumaness;    St Johns by 3
Newry Mitchels v St Paul;    St Paul by 3
Aghaderg v St Michaels;    St. Michaels by 6
Keeps 'er' straight