ACHL Div 2
Ballyvarley v Ballygalget - Ballyvarley
Clonduff v Ballycran - Draw
Warrenpoint v Portaferry - Point by 2
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

off the laces

Quote from: SCENTOFSAM on June 03, 2008, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on June 03, 2008, 12:25:37 PM
Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.
Shows some ambition for someone who was being touted for the county last year even though he's living in DPK!!!!
Donnan lives in annacloy although he is going with a girl from strangford
Keeps 'er' straight

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: off the laces on June 03, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.
Shows some ambition for someone who was being touted for the county last year even though he's living in DPK!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D lives in Russell Park and has done so for a long time

Lecale2

Hurling results -

ACHL Div1
Ballycran 2-05 2-14 Liatroim
Ballygalget 3-13 1-09 Ballela
Kilclief 2-10 3-12 Shamrocks
Portaferry 3-09 0-09 Bredagh

off the ground

Quote from: western exile on June 03, 2008, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: off the ground on June 03, 2008, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: imdagaffer on June 03, 2008, 02:05:54 PM

In fairness I dont think Colgan is the man for middle of the park. Id be going for Lynch or Rodgers, that said Rodgers has not go the physical presence that Lynch has.

colgan has come on a good bit, had a super game against derry in ulster final. lynch lacks pace. wat about grant at full back?

I was at that game too.  I would not have called his performance as "super". I thought that he was average that evening and not one of the better players on the day

people tend to scrutinise his performances alot more because he didnt excel from minor at the rate people expected, but hes a quality player and one with a winning mentality which can be lackin among the more senior players!

Whitehair

ACHL Div1

That scoreline flatters us alot, Ballygalget walked it without getting into second gear. We struggle when we lose any player due to the size of our squad but we were missing 2 of our best 3 players tonight and possibly for the rest of the season, if not longer. South Down captain Dan Mc Cusker's going to London for a year for work and we may have lost Mal Magee with Clann na Banna pressurising him to give up the Hurling to concentrate on the football, hopefully we can get him back though. Great win for Liatroim, talking to a few of them on the ferry and they said they were short a few players too.

Quote from: western exile on June 03, 2008, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: off the ground on June 03, 2008, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: imdagaffer on June 03, 2008, 02:05:54 PM

In fairness I dont think Colgan is the man for middle of the park. Id be going for Lynch or Rodgers, that said Rodgers has not go the physical presence that Lynch has.

colgan has come on a good bit, had a super game against derry in ulster final. lynch lacks pace. wat about grant at full back?

I was at that game too.  I would not have called his performance as "super". I thought that he was average that evening and not one of the better players on the day

Didnt think he was that hot in the Ulster Final either, if he's playing midfield on Sunday and lets his man run while standing with his hands on his hips like against Derry then Down'l be sunk. Would agree about his winning mentality though, playing against and beating Tyrone teams isnt something new to him!

No1

QuoteQuote from: off the laces on June 03, 2008, 03:35:48 PM

lives in Russell Park and has done so for a long time

I'd just like to clear something up.  Donie has moved to Strangford.

As for the jibe about ambition, I take it the implication is that the RGU would be a much better prospect for any ambitious player, what a load of balls.

Although the RGU stuffed us, the standard on view last Friday night would suggest that both teams are going nowhere fast.  Much of a muchness in my view.  Don't let your arrogance cloud your judgement though.

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on June 03, 2008, 11:01:11 PM
ACHL Div1

That scoreline flatters us alot, Ballygalget walked it without getting into second gear. We struggle when we lose any player due to the size of our squad but we were missing 2 of our best 3 players tonight and possibly for the rest of the season, if not longer. South Down captain Dan Mc Cusker's going to London for a year for work and we may have lost Mal Magee with Clann na Banna pressurising him to give up the Hurling to concentrate on the football, hopefully we can get him back though. Great win for Liatroim, talking to a few of them on the ferry and they said they were short a few players too.

how's the fullbacks knee, he took a fair bit of a knock on it at the end?

billy the kid

Tell me this as regards your county football team What about that lad Connor Gribben who came on in the McKenna cup final and scored  a goal he hasnt played a single minute since, is he any use at all?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

T O Hare

Quote from: billy the kid on June 04, 2008, 12:17:59 PM
Tell me this as regards your county football team What about that lad Connor Gribben who came on in the McKenna cup final and scored  a goal he hasnt played a single minute since, is he any use at all?

at county level...... No
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: amallon on June 03, 2008, 02:44:54 PM
Grant isn't even on the panel this year!  He'd be as good if not better than any of the options mentioned and is playing some great stuff for the Bridge at the minute.

If Paul Murphy had been fit earlier in the season I'd like to have seen him tried at FB.  Its too late for an experiment like this now.

Mallon, were you not at the bridge matches this year? Bridge man and all i am, Brendan Grant has had a poor start to the season. Rony Murtagh, John Clarke and Jamie OReilly all roasted him, even some other bridge people are saying the same! But he's still prob the best out there, Down just aren't blessed with a good full back.
Cant believe Shane OHare isn't on the panel, now he is a lad that is playing well, also Conor Garvey- the man can play anywhere! 8) 8)

charlie stubbs

is the down championship next week??if so could someone post venues games etc??cheers

stpauls

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 04, 2008, 06:34:36 PM
is the down championship next week??if so could someone post venues games etc??cheers

championship doesn't start to august charlie!

superblues

the senior championship is on next weekend all i know is that the bridge play clonduff in newry sunday evening

stpauls

Quote from: superblues on June 04, 2008, 08:33:44 PM
the senior championship is on next weekend all i know is that the bridge play clonduff in newry sunday evening

sorry, my bad, thinking of the junior championship!!