Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Off the Laces you are hilarious.  :-\

Johnnie99

Quote from: stpauls on June 03, 2008, 10:09:38 AM
Quote from: Johnnie99 on June 03, 2008, 09:20:40 AM
ACFL4 Bright 0-08 St Johns 2-09

Johnnie, how you's doing this year?

Going well so far, 7 out of 7.  Last nights win puts Bright out of contention I would say.  they are not the team they were a couple of years ago.  Great setup they have though with their new pitch, anything would be better than the old setup in Killough.

Aghaderg and Dromara are the nearest challengers, they play each other on Friday night which will go a long way to deciding who will remain in contention.  Only 1/3 of the way through the league so a long way to go yet.  they each have 5 wins out of 7, we have beaten Aghaderg twice, with Dromara having lost to ourselves and Aghaderg in the previous round.  As it is a 4 way league, we still have Aghaderg to play twice and Dromara 3 times so these will be the key games for us.

stpauls

Quote from: Johnnie99 on June 03, 2008, 11:13:37 AM

Going well so far, 7 out of 7.  Last nights win puts Bright out of contention I would say.  they are not the team they were a couple of years ago.  Great setup they have though with their new pitch, anything would be better than the old setup in Killough.

Aghaderg and Dromara are the nearest challengers, they play each other on Friday night which will go a long way to deciding who will remain in contention.  Only 1/3 of the way through the league so a long way to go yet.  they each have 5 wins out of 7, we have beaten Aghaderg twice, with Dromara having lost to ourselves and Aghaderg in the previous round.  As it is a 4 way league, we still have Aghaderg to play twice and Dromara 3 times so these will be the key games for us.

have you's been told what way promotion is going this year, ie 1 or 2 teams up, playoffs or just straight up?

amallon

Any truth that demand for tickets is very low?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

QuoteNo1, will you be in attendance down in St Malachy's Park on Friday night? Cant remember the last time we played you's competitively. It's going to be a four pointer.

The way things are at the minute I might be out on the pitch!  

Massive game for us but we are at a really low ebb.  

A long injury list (latest one being a double leg break at the hurling last Saturday night) combined with our coach jacking it in after last Friday night's result leaves us in a bad spot.

Still, it could be worse, you could be from S*ul.  

Johnnie99

Quote from: stpauls on June 03, 2008, 11:17:38 AM

have you's been told what way promotion is going this year, ie 1 or 2 teams up, playoffs or just straight up?

Honestly dont know, going on the assumption that it is only the top position, but sure the county board will probably only decide this near the end of the league!!

stpauls

Quote from: Johnnie99 on June 03, 2008, 11:38:32 AM
Quote from: stpauls on June 03, 2008, 11:17:38 AM

Honestly dont know, going on the assumption that it is only the top position, but sure the county board will probably only decide this near the end of the league!!

yeah, we know what that is like!! deciding what happens to suit their agenda, like last years playoff farce!

dundrumite

Quote from: No1 on June 03, 2008, 11:26:43 AM
QuoteNo1, will you be in attendance down in St Malachy's Park on Friday night? Cant remember the last time we played you's competitively. It's going to be a four pointer.

The way things are at the minute I might be out on the pitch!  

Massive game for us but we are at a really low ebb.  

A long injury list (latest one being a double leg break at the hurling last Saturday night) combined with our coach jacking it in after last Friday night's result leaves us in a bad spot.

Still, it could be worse, you could be from S*ul.  

Theres only 2 Jose Mourhinos  ;D

No1

QuoteTheres only 2 Jose Mourhinos 

I know how it reads! :D

It has got so bad that we are even letting an ex S*ul player transfer in, can you not hear that barrel being scraped? ;D

DownFanatic

Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.

off the laces

It is Donnan Ritchie, was a good servart but alas he has turned to the dark side.
Hey No1 you fail to mention the fact that true to kilclief form you are all falling out with each other i cant wait to see you fail to get the 30% points the laughter will be heard in strangford ;D ;)
Keeps 'er' straight

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 03, 2008, 12:25:37 PM
Who's the ex-Saul player No1? I heard there was talk of Donnie Ritchie moving down your way.
Shows some ambition for someone who was being touted for the county last year even though he's living in DPK!!!!

off the ground

Quote from: imdagaffer on June 03, 2008, 02:05:54 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 29, 2008, 12:00:18 PM
I'd say that it won't be far from this:

1. McVeigh

2. Howard
3. Cole
4. Rafferty

5. Murphy
6. Doyle
7. Carr

8. Colgan
9. Gordon

13. Sexton
10. Hughes
11. Rogers
12. Clarke

14. Coulter
15. Murtagh

With McComiskey, McGuigan and Murney the first 3 subs, and Coulter switching occasionally with Clarke.

I'd much rather see extra men in defence, but if we have to go out with 6 forwards, I'd be happy enough with this team.

Tyrone are hardly going to have a target man, or play super-direct football, so Cole might get away with playing full-back. My major concern would be that Tyrone's strongest line will undoubtedly be their half-forward line, and by the looks of things, we're going to face-off directly with an extremely attacking half-back line. Our half-forwards will no doubt get back to support, but when it's the likes of Hughes and Rogers (and Murtagh) doing so, it's more for nuisance value than defensive expertise.

If Down can stop Tyrone stopping Gordon from attacking the ball at midfield, we should dominate that sector...in which case we wouldn't be without a chance. Our forward line has to be worth 12+ points if given half the play or more. No doubt Harte's number one plan though is to stop Dan Gordon.

In fairness I dont think Colgan is the man for middle of the park. Id be going for Lynch or Rodgers, that said Rodgers has not go the physical presence that Lynch has.

colgan has come on a good bit, had a super game against derry in ulster final. lynch lacks pace. wat about grant at full back?

amallon

Grant isn't even on the panel this year!  He'd be as good if not better than any of the options mentioned and is playing some great stuff for the Bridge at the minute.

If Paul Murphy had been fit earlier in the season I'd like to have seen him tried at FB.  Its too late for an experiment like this now.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

western exile

Quote from: off the ground on June 03, 2008, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: imdagaffer on June 03, 2008, 02:05:54 PM

In fairness I dont think Colgan is the man for middle of the park. Id be going for Lynch or Rodgers, that said Rodgers has not go the physical presence that Lynch has.

colgan has come on a good bit, had a super game against derry in ulster final. lynch lacks pace. wat about grant at full back?

I was at that game too.  I would not have called his performance as "super". I thought that he was average that evening and not one of the better players on the day