Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Whats the story with Conor Laverty? He seemed like a good prospect a few years ago even tho he was a bit small.

islandboy

Very tight game in burren last night. very few scores and lots of good defending on both sides. moment of match was in last couple of minutes when dan was one on one with the keeper. the keeper made a good save. we had a lot of pressure after that but could not get the equaliser. Mc kernan scores two or three superb scores from far out.

passedit

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 20, 2008, 02:58:08 PM
Quote from: mattockranger on May 20, 2008, 02:10:32 PM
why and how did down get a challenge with tipperary???

Surely there is many a county that would love a challenge against down
what has your preparation been like prior to this?? i thought you guys were a great outside bet to beat tyrone in the first round with poor challenges llike that it dosen't bode well..........i'm sad to say

I think we play the Rebels in a challenge on Sunday in Newry.

Any more word on this? might be in south down sunday so would like a look.
Don't Panic

kinghen

was a tight game in burren last night although i think that it is te tactics of 'island to flood the defence and keep opposition scores to a minimum, half forward line line very deep, and alot o the time they onnly had 2/3-man forward line, the 2 pointed frees by mckernan at the end of 1st half gave burren a life-line, also very good score taken by o' reilly in the 1st half!

goldenyears

laverty is an excellent club player - great threat, v pacy and low centre of gravity makes him a nightmare to mark, but forget about him playing senior county football - it just wouldnt happen for him - too light and small unfortunately

T O Hare

The Bridge are played very well last night, Ryan Brady is a great assest in our forward line and will figure in the championship at some stage ,Rostrevor were terrible last night, Where have their minor prospects gone!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Blue Island

Quote from: amallon on May 23, 2008, 12:27:26 PM
Rostrevor were dire and the ref gave one of the strangest displays I've ever seen.  He disappeared for 2 minutes to change his shirt in the middle of the game, he gave more over carrying decisions than I've ever seen. 

Who was the referee? Was he from Holywood by any chance. Con Reynolds referred the Island Burren game last night and I thought he was as good a referee as I have seen this year. Let the game flow when he could and was consistent and fair to both teams. However, whilst he let the game flow he always booked a player who made no attempt to play the ball and haul is opponent down, particularly when there was a quick attack on. He did this early on, set his stall out, and got rid of the hauling down very quickly. In my opinion, if you pull a player down who has beats you, it should be automatic yellow card. There are too  many refs giving tics for this or simply just a foul. That is not to say Reynolds was in any way your typical fussy Down ref last night. You had to get a right old thump before you got a free kick. We are always knocking refs but credit where credit is due.

Regards the match, very close tight affair. Brillant save by the Burren keeper in the last couple of minutes to deny us victory. Sigh.

stiff breeze

is cathal murdock playin in nets for burren this year?

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

stpauls

Quote from: Blue Island on May 23, 2008, 03:59:48 PM
Quote from: amallon on May 23, 2008, 12:27:26 PM
Rostrevor were dire and the ref gave one of the strangest displays I've ever seen.  He disappeared for 2 minutes to change his shirt in the middle of the game, he gave more over carrying decisions than I've ever seen. 

Who was the referee? Was he from Holywood by any chance.

no, our ref was in charge of a Division 3 match last night!

stiff breeze

when is the st pauls game and who do yous play?

passedit

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 23, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
St Pauls play the Carlingford Innkeepers in a doubleheader tonight and tomorrow night. Any word on the Down Cork match?
Don't Panic

5 Sams

Quote from: passedit on May 23, 2008, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: stiff breeze on May 23, 2008, 05:08:29 PM
Any word on the Down Cork match?

Apparently its "behind closed doors"....thats the last I heard....havent heard where it is.
The Aristocrat Years

Pangurban

Have heard that Down v Cork challenge game is to take place at St. Johns pitch. Cant vouch for the accuracy of this report

behind the wire

Bryansford 0-13 Clann na Banna 1-5
He who laughs last thinks the slowest