Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

5 Sams

Quote from: Bearly on loose on April 29, 2008, 01:57:53 PM
Anybody know anything about a down senior training weekend coming up?  i heard one was imminent and that all league games were being moved to a Thursday...can anyone confirm this?

Full league programme down in the Irish News for Friday night this week.
The Aristocrat Years

mournerambler

It is my understanding that the games scheduled for Friday 9th of May have been switched to Thursday 8th to accomadate the Down senior footballers' training weekend on the 10th & 11th, the games scheduled for Friday 23rd of May have also been switched to Thursday 22nd of May to accomadate a senior challenge game with Cork on Saturday 24th.

Whitehair

ACHL Div1
Shamrocks 4.11 Ballela 3.13 played @ Derrylecka

Questionable score-keeping from a clown of a referee.

Lecale2

Tight enough Whitehair. Who was the ref?

Result - Bredagh 1-12 3-15 Ballycran

Whitehair

Brendan Cousins, got on well with a few of the newry one's. He also conveniently changed his mind from telling a few of us players it had finished a draw, then to a newry win when their management came over. Also to throw it into the mix we'd scored it as a 1 point win for us. :-\

amallon

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

Lecale, has your recent transfer from Kilclief played any hurling for yiz yet?

Re Ardglass, their ground isn't named Arsehole Memorial Park for nothing! 

amallon

5Sams - Check out the photo of Murtagh on the Down Memory lane section of the Bridge website.  When we had him in the Bridge we should have kept him! He would have been good cover in case one of our forwards got injured  ;)
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Lecale2

Quote from: No1 on April 30, 2008, 10:45:49 AM
Lecale, has your recent transfer from Kilclief played any hurling for yiz yet?

He's injured at the minute. He got a run out against Ballygalget in a friendly a couple of weeks ago and he can hurl well. Unfortunately he had to be taken off due to his robust approach!

5 Sams

Quote from: amallon on April 30, 2008, 12:16:22 PM
5Sams - Check out the photo of Murtagh on the Down Memory lane section of the Bridge website.  When we had him in the Bridge we should have kept him! He would have been good cover in case one of our forwards got injured  ;)

Cheeky hoor :D
The Aristocrat Years

No1

QuoteHe's injured at the minute.

Don't let him near the f**king physio, he near put us out of commission 2 years ago with a physio bill  :o

He's a gentleman though, slow as a wet week but plenty of skill and no fear! 

I take it he is Dillon's replacement?  ;D

Lecale2

QuoteI take it he is Dillon's replacement?

Dillon got a bad thump against the crans last night and I'd expect he will be out for a couple of weeks. He was taken to A&E covered in blood from head to toe. How did you know?

No1

I didn't know, total coincidence.

He is good mates with one of our lads and I'd know him from a few nights out on the beer, I was just doing a bit of slagging!