Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

yeah niall fitzptrick got his jaw broke a very dirty game from what i heard

TORGAEL

Yes, Niall got his jaw broken, hes currently in the ulster hospital awaiting surgery.

Naomh Pol CLG

Shameful indeed...Not the first time Ardglass have been guilty of this type of behavior :-\

TowBar

Terrible news from Ardglass yesterday, I presume the broken jaw was sustained following a striking incident??? Was it seen by the referee??? Ardglass should be punished as they seem to get away with this type of behaviour year on year. They are a disgrace. All the best to the drumgath lad, hope for a speedy recovery!!!!!

Square Ball

its a pity about the way Ardglass play, when they put their mind to it they can play football.

dint think the incident was seen as I think the finished with 15, anyone confirm?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

No1

Kilclief drew with Banbridge last night.  Banbridge missed a penalty and Kilclief equalised with the last kick of the game.  Although Kilclief were 7 points up at one stage they were very lucky to get a draw.

behind the wire

kilclief 1-12 Clann na Banna 2-9   (i think that was the final score anyway)

good game of football. clann looked dead and buried at 7 points down but came back to lead by one near the end. kilclief goalkeeper was outstanding, saved a penalty and made another couple of cracking saves. kilclief full forward line also very good.

excellent field as well, definitely one of the best pitches in the county - perfect under foot.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Johnnie99

Any score from Dromara v Ballykinlar in Div 4?  I think this was being played last night also?

western exile

Dromara 4-19    Ballykinlar 0-03

Johnnie99

Thanks WE, 2 out of 2 for Dromara and Johnnies then.

TORGAEL

Square Ball, i can only assume that the referee did not see the incident as he took no action. However, he was on first name terms with the ardglass team and management and seemed slightly intimidated by them. I'm led to believe that the player who allegedly broke Niall's jaw also did the same to a Darragh Cross player a couple of seasons back.

Bearly on loose

Anybody know anything about a down senior training weekend coming up?  i heard one was imminent and that all league games were being moved to a Thursday...can anyone confirm this?

No1

I heard that last night but I don't know how true it is.  I thought there was a ban on training weekends for county teams?

A training weekend is hardly gonna help our legends at this stage anyhow!

Bearly on loose

Well i was told that this weeks games were to be moved forward, however now its been said that all games to be played next Friday will now be moved to Thursday instead.  Just wondered if anyone can shed light on this.  Its just that a change in game nights ultimately leads to a change of training time and so can can be difficult to arrange things round.  No doubt we'l find out in due course.

behind the wire

same old story with ardglass. sorry to hear about niall mcginn, sounds like a bad one. ardglass get away with thugery and intimidation because generally east down referees appear to be afraid of them. by far the most hateful team i have ever played against (well maybe bright). they arent just as handy at that type of behaviour away from home though.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest