Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

QuoteThe first set of fixtures in Div1,2&3 are to played Wednesday 23rd April, second series Monday 5th May and third series Thursday 8th May.
Spirit, was this news in Matt Fitzpatrick's occasionally erroneous round-up, or in as a separate story?

The clubs haven't been notified by email of any changes such as this. I was also pretty sure that the County Board can no longer shift club fixtures to facilitate county squad training weekends.

Lecale2, thanks for the kind comments. The stand really would do you proud.

spiritof91and94

Wobbs - Yeah in Matts county round up - he stated that Sean Rooney confirmed this yesterday!

Square Ball

Div 3 has been up and running for a while so what are they on about?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

Quote from: lecale4 on April 18, 2008, 11:54:08 AM
EDRL A
Carryduff lost to C'wellan
Bredagh w/o Ardglass d/f
Bredagh bt Darragh Cross
Darragh Cross won their 1st game

Is St Pauls' v Glassdrumman tonight in Holywood?

6.45, come up and give us a cheer.  :P
Don't Panic

In the Onion Bag

passedit... report on your game tonight?

lecale4

St Paul's Glassdrumman - DRAW

St Paul's ahead for most of it - G'd equalised late on!!

Square Ball

Quote from: lecale4 on April 18, 2008, 08:54:12 PM
St Paul's Glassdrumman - DRAW

St Paul's ahead for most of it - G'd equalised late on!!

maybe rumors of St Paul's demise have been greatly exaggerated

Thats no team in div 3 with a 100% record

Naomh Pol CLG

St.Pauls 0-11 - Glassdrumman 0-11..

A game we are disappointed to have drawn.  Having taken a 0-05 to 0-01 lead and to go in 0-06 to 0-05 at half time was disappointing after we played so well against the wind.

Two late Glasdrumman scores tied the game again from some basic errors from us gifted them the opportunity to draw level.

Anyhow, onward and upwards!

passedit

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on April 18, 2008, 08:47:41 PM
passedit... report on your game tonight?

If you'd offered me a point at 6.45 this evening i'd have bit your hand off, especially as we were missing three of our strongest 6 forwards.Now i'm gutted, we played as well as I can remember but contrived to throw away a two point lead with time up. Despite the fact that the ref was playing for a draw we had enough chances to be out of sight at that stage. Both teams played better against the strong breeze than with it but Glassdrumman will feel blessed to get out of holywood with a draw. Still you're better getting a 'neutral's' view from Lecale4.
Don't Panic

Square Ball

Carryduff beat Teconnaught 2-07 to 1-07

In the Onion Bag

Great result for St Pauls.  Seems like a win was possible. 

Can't help wondering if Glasdrumman were affected by the early Friday evening throw-in and a long trip to Holywood?  Had they any players missing?

Well done to Pauls anyway

passedit

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on April 18, 2008, 11:04:28 PM
Great result for St Pauls.  Seems like a win was possible. 

Can't help wondering if Glasdrumman were affected by the early Friday evening throw-in and a long trip to Holywood?  Had they any players missing?

Well done to Pauls anyway

::)

Don't Panic

Naomh Pol CLG

Typical... ::)

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on April 19, 2008, 07:46:33 AM

Typical... ::)

Typical of what?
Can't you accept praise when it is given?  As regards my question, its reasonable and anyone would wonder the same.  Chill out man.

lecale4

Passedit -

Good performance from St Paul's - they seem to lack something though - self belief - don't think they can hold on to a lead? Maybe they will improve on this as the season progresses and they realise they are better than several of the teams in this league.
It is a hard ground to come to - very tight, and maybe a team like Glassdrumman will have underestimated you. They may be used to playing on a bigger pitch and only get to grips with it late on?
All in all if St Paul's keep putting in performances like this they could/should get up to mid table and avoid the dog fight at the bottom.