Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

st pauls what sort of team would your reserves have?

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: lfdown2 on April 15, 2008, 07:40:01 PM
st pauls what sort of team would your reserves have?

Expecting a good run from the Reserves this season, we are looking to build on last season when we fell at the final hurdle....First two results this season have been very promising, but with Laiotriom and Kilcoo the next two opponents, we will see what our boys are made of!!

Minus15

Quote from: passedit on April 15, 2008, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on April 13, 2008, 08:35:57 PM
div 3 result

Glenn 2-7
Drumaness 0-11

that's not much use minus. What about a wee report. Should we add Drumaness to the list of relegation candidates or were ye a lot better than the previous week? I noticed a few of their spys at that game, they mustn't have learnt much.

St Michaels were weaker than I expected them to be (a few of their better players missing from the last time we played them, is this a permanent situation our nail?) but we still struggled big time to beat them. Laverty looks to be enjoying the student life a bit too much, still a handfull at this level though.

As st. pauls says we got the two goals in the last few minutes to steal the points against a terrible team in drumaness! The less said about that game of football the better! dire from both sides!

downredblack

Is the 21's game on TG4 ? I'll hardly get a pass two days in a row  :(

passedit

Quote from: Minus15 on April 16, 2008, 12:25:07 AM
Quote from: passedit on April 15, 2008, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Minus15 on April 13, 2008, 08:35:57 PM
div 3 result

Glenn 2-7
Drumaness 0-11

that's not much use minus. What about a wee report. Should we add Drumaness to the list of relegation candidates or were ye a lot better than the previous week? I noticed a few of their spys at that game, they mustn't have learnt much.

St Michaels were weaker than I expected them to be (a few of their better players missing from the last time we played them, is this a permanent situation our nail?) but we still struggled big time to beat them. Laverty looks to be enjoying the student life a bit too much, still a handfull at this level though.

As st. pauls says we got the two goals in the last few minutes to steal the points against a terrible team in drumaness! The less said about that game of football the better! dire from both sides!

So i'll add them to the list then so. It appears to me even at this early stage that it'll be a top four of Bredagh,Carryduff,Drumgath and Glassdrumman with the rest nowhere.

Lfdown, I wouldn't be worrying about St Pauls seconds, although they beat your lot well last year they've lost over half the team that played that day to retirement and promotion to the seniors, plus their manager doesnt know his arse from his elbow. They wont keep it kicked out to ye.

btw, I assume from your interest that ye're togging out yerself?
Don't Panic

Down Gael

Quote from: downredblack on April 16, 2008, 10:28:28 AM

TG4 are showing both games, I missed the Ulster U21 final as we had already gone down to Leitrim, I think I`ll give the U21s priority this time round.

From www.tg4.ie
SATURDAY - 19th APRIL
14:45 - GAA Beo - All-Ireland Under-21 Football Semi-Finals

downredblack

Quote from: Down Gael on April 16, 2008, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: downredblack on April 16, 2008, 10:28:28 AM

TG4 are showing both games, I missed the Ulster U21 final as we had already gone down to Leitrim, I think I`ll give the U21s priority this time round.

From www.tg4.ie
SATURDAY - 19th APRIL
14:45 - GAA Beo - All-Ireland Under-21 Football Semi-Finals

Great news , nice 1 Gael . Thks.

lfdown2

all being well passedit!!
better start for us the year, kilcoo beat us by 1pt and were lucky to do so, last year (though i wasnt in the country) i think there was 10-15+ more in it!
maybe i was the difference! :D

Johnnie99

Anyone got results/tables of the EDRFL?

lfdown2

so far kilcoo beat liatroim by 1
liatroim drumaness postponed

Lecale2

I was down in Ballyholland yesterday. That's a great new stand they've built. Really looks the part and would put most Irish league grounds to shame.

spiritof91and94

From todays Irish News;
The first set of fixtures in Div1,2&3 are to played Wednesday 23rd April, second series Monday 5th May and third series Thursday 8th May.
This is to facilitate the county team incase they make the Div 3 final - wtf ??? and also a training camp on 10th and 11th May for the senior panel.

What if the Under 21's make the All Ireland Final surely this is a more realistic chance than the senior making the Div 3 final.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Johnnie99 on April 17, 2008, 01:48:06 PM

Bryansford have won 2/2 over Bright and Ardglass

passedit

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on April 18, 2008, 10:32:33 AM
Quote from: Johnnie99 on April 17, 2008, 01:48:06 PM

Bryansford have won 2/2 over Bright and Ardglass

St Pauls have beaten Teconnaught and Dundrum, how have St Johns got on Johnnie. Also does anyone know how the league will be decided now it has been split into two sections?
Don't Panic

lecale4

EDRL A
Carryduff lost to C'wellan
Bredagh w/o Ardglass d/f
Bredagh bt Darragh Cross
Darragh Cross won their 1st game

Is St Pauls' v Glassdrumman tonight in Holywood?