Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on January 17, 2008, 10:39:13 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 17, 2008, 04:41:59 PM
passedit, the smoke has been flowing for a few days now, i found out on monday we have a new manager!

That has to be ratified by the committee yet John lets not be too hasety.

QuoteBTW on the manager front, it's white smoke time in St Pauls tonight with Joe Kernan, Aiden O Rourke and er Frankie Wilson still in the running for the biggest job in club football. Paudie dropped out of the running when those bastards at George Best Airport wouldn't let him land the helicopter unless he wore a Norn Iron jersey.

And Passedit, no need to belittle our club, we have the potential and underage set-up to surprise and few in this County in the near future....Watch this space

Ye're awful touchy N Pol, you found a slight where none was intended, if you read back a few more pages ye'd see that Gerry's new club were supposed to be in for first two names in my post and got him instead. As ye had him first that obviously puts ye ahead in the race for the other two boyos as well.

The helicopter bit was obviously a piss take, a norn iron jersey wouldn't stop Paudi, he'd wear a sash if he was getting enough lucre (alledgedly).

Don't Panic

stpauls

i have already pulled him about that passedit, the man obvoiusly doesn't realise who he is dealing with here!  :P

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: passedit on January 21, 2008, 04:31:14 PM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on January 17, 2008, 10:39:13 PM
Quote from: stpauls on January 17, 2008, 04:41:59 PM
passedit, the smoke has been flowing for a few days now, i found out on monday we have a new manager!

That has to be ratified by the committee yet St Pauls lets not be too hasety.

QuoteBTW on the manager front, it's white smoke time in St Pauls tonight with Joe Kernan, Aiden O Rourke and er Frankie Wilson still in the running for the biggest job in club football. Paudie dropped out of the running when those bastards at George Best Airport wouldn't let him land the helicopter unless he wore a Norn Iron jersey.

And Passedit, no need to belittle our club, we have the potential and underage set-up to surprise and few in this County in the near future....Watch this space

Ye're awful touchy N Pol, you found a slight where none was intended, if you read back a few more pages ye'd see that Gerry's new club were supposed to be in for first two names in my post and got him instead. As ye had him first that obviously puts ye ahead in the race for the other two boyos as well.

Apologies, when you played through the tough times for St. Pauls you get a bit touchy as you think most people are on the piss take...I hadn't realised who you where :-[

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: uselessfootballer on January 21, 2008, 10:20:12 AM

Noamh Pol CLG, is the much vaunted underage set-up that you reffer to the same one that during 2007 seen your U-8s not get a single game, your U-10s withdraw from 3 of the 6 East Down Blitz's and play in only one tournament, your U-12s also only have 1 tournament appearance and the U-16s and minors fail to fulfill their league fixtures.
The club is progressing fair enough but you should carefully limit your usage of those rose tinted glasses.

Indeed, come down to McNamee park on Sunday Mornings from February and see what I'm taking about.  Over 130 kids from age 8-14 training with qualified coaches and senior footballers...Not to many in this county have the pool of kids that we are now moulding.  Over the next 5 years we will begin the see the fruits of this, our current U-14s are the first of the crop since we began the programme and they went undeafeted this year.  Don't you worry about us, Bredagh, Carryduff and ourselves have by far the biggest populated parishes in the County, and there will be a shift in power in the next 10 years, Bredagh have taken the first steps and we will be next   

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:13:46 PM by Naomh Pol CLG » 

Naomh Pol CLG I'm don't know how to achieve the boxed quote function on the board but I'm keen to contine our wee conversation from Friday.
I'm not denying that your club is progessing and that significant efforts are being made with underage structures, but response again underlines the rose-tinted view you have of this work. 130 kids training on McNamee park on a Sunday morning I think you'll find the numbers peaked at about 80.
If people with a more realistic view (than yourself) of the work that needs to be achieved are overseeing the club's development programme then there may be a chance of devlivering on some of the promise, but you would do well to remember that your club is coming from a lowly position and that whilst all success is relevant it might be prudent for some of this improvement to be tangible before you go announcing a St. Paul's takeover to the whole county.

I think its fair to say we will not be taking over the county, but Division three status and a good run in the Junior championship are very achieveable for us, and perhaps from that we can build further. I make no excuses about having rose tinted glasses about my club, I remember the tough times and played for many years on a pitch that would be more suited to mountain goats rather than Gaelic Footballers.  When people who came along to watch the game where asked to play to make up the numbers.  When fulfilling fixtures was all that was important simply to ensure we stayed in existence. I am proud of how far our club has come and look optimistically to the future.

It appears that you have some sort of chip on your shoulder regarding our club, perhaps you should address that and then indeed we can carry on our conversation.

Naomh Pol CLG

Aye, think I'll head down to An Luir tomorrow night just to see what all the fuss is about :D

Rumour has it we actually have 6 defenders...But I will need to see it for myself before I believe it ;D ;D

off the laces

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on January 21, 2008, 08:22:30 PM
Aye, think I'll head down to An Luir tomorrow night just to see what all the fuss is about :D

Rumour has it we actually have 6 defenders...But I will need to see it for myself before I believe it ;D ;D

No we do not, we just have a team who are scoring more than the opposition, this i fear may come back to bite us in the ass come championship time when things get tighter.
Keeps 'er' straight

Smiler An Dun

anyone got any idea how the field is holding up for tonights game, with all the rain that is about.

Leo

Three inter-county games on the infamous Marshes inside 7 days! When did we ever think that would happen? Fair play to Ulster Council and Club Down who have been the main reason for the changes at Esler Park
Fierce tame altogether

amallon

The game is bound to be in doubt if this rain keeps up.  Anyone got the inside story??
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

the pitch will be in bad state! i see there is another game in pairc esler at the weekend.. expect to see a red head goal machine at some stage tonight
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Its pishing it down here in Dundalk and has been almost every time I looked out the window this afternoon.  Whats it been at in Newry?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Its rained constantly all day, but as has been said the final is scheduled for Saturday so they may have to play it.  It really will be the marshes if the game goes ahead.  Anyone here in the know?

Leo

Heard from Shamrocks member that game goes ahead and pitch is holding up well apart from area in front of stand which has been macerated by sideline officials in last couple of games.
Fierce tame altogether

passedit

Don't Panic

Our Nail Loney