Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

QuoteMitchels - Gerry Cooney

This should be Harry Cooney and not the Great White Hope of the 80s... ;)

For all yous oul hands out there Harry was the front man for FLASH....Irish Band who won New Faces in the 70s.

f**k I'm old :-\ :-\
The Aristocrat Years

passedit

QuoteMaybe Im being a bit harsh here but I think McAreavey's performance was a flash in the pan. He's very poor with his right foot, he holds up play too much and too many of his efforts drop in to keepers hands. Nevertheless he posted a healthy scoring return but I just cant see him coping with the higher grade week in week out.

I'd say you are DF, based on seeing a couple of times against dundrum last year? Lefties always look more one footed than righties, I can't see either of your other criticisms have any bearing oh Corner Forward play (the only position he has a chance in). I have my own doubts about him but he deserves a few more goes after last night.

BTW on the manager front, it's white smoke time in St Pauls tonight with Joe Kernan, Aiden O Rourke and er Frankie Wilson still in the running for the biggest job in club football. Paudie dropped out of the running when those bastards at George Best Airport wouldn't let him land the helicopter unless he wore a Norn Iron jersey.
Don't Panic

stpauls

Quote from: miss mess on January 16, 2008, 11:31:30 AM
gerry quinn from saval is rostrevors new manager

i know this is a bit late, i have been busy lately and no access to the site, but never mind good luck to Gerry Quinn, good luck to Rostrevor, cause they are certainly going to need it with him in charge!

amallon

I heard last night that its Barney McAleenan and Gerry Quinn in Rostrevor.  Anyone confirm?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

No1

Quotef**k I'm old 

Aye, and you're a fuckin slabber too!   ;)

Rostrevor must have plenty of cash.

stpauls

passedit, the smoke has been flowing for a few days now, i found out on monday we have a new manager!

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on January 17, 2008, 04:37:01 PM
Quotef**k I'm old 

Aye, and you're a fuckin slabber too!   ;)

Rostrevor must have plenty of cash.

I take it you're referring to the Middlesborough dig....if so you're the slabber for telling people you supported them!!! ;D
The Aristocrat Years

No1

It's MiddlesBROUGH, and if ye throw in the Republic's soccer team aswell ye can't accuse me of glory hunting!

redandblackjack

Down V UUJ Switched to Pairc Esler. Throw in 6 pm... Hopefully as good a turnout and atmosphere as there was last night.

Aristotle Flynn

I'll be down. A far better venue for an evening match that Newcastle.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: stpauls on January 17, 2008, 04:41:59 PM
passedit, the smoke has been flowing for a few days now, i found out on monday we have a new manager!

That has to be ratified by the committee yet St.Pauls lets not be too hasety.

QuoteBTW on the manager front, it's white smoke time in St Pauls tonight with Joe Kernan, Aiden O Rourke and er Frankie Wilson still in the running for the biggest job in club football. Paudie dropped out of the running when those bastards at George Best Airport wouldn't let him land the helicopter unless he wore a Norn Iron jersey.

And Passedit, no need to belittle our club, we have the potential and underage set-up to surprise and few in this County in the near future....Watch this space

goldenyears

missed the midweek game and now raging i did. couldnt believe the score line or the result; my first cynical thought was that donegal must have had no team out....but v few posters have referred to their quality....were they anywhere near champ'ship team?

that aside, a win is a win, but a win in that sorta style does wonders for confidence and alot of these boys need confidence boosts. i think if we won 3 or 4 games in a row that injection would add 50% to each player!!

hard to believe jackie was MOM as I am not his biggest fan, but as honest as day is long I will give him that - fair play to him, and again that shot of confidence might do wonders for him too.....

No1

What is the craic with the Betsy Gray?  12 a side, is this a wind up or what?  I think it would be better for the hurling board to sort out their leagues rather than carrying on with this farce.

Why have the Bredagh boys jacked in the juniors?

bredaghgael

Why have the Bredagh boys jacked in the juniors?
Would a promotion be the answer?

uselessfootballer

Noamh Pol CLG, is the much vaunted underage set-up that you reffer to the same one that during 2007 seen your U-8s not get a single game, your U-10s withdraw from 3 of the 6 East Down Blitz's and play in only one tournament, your U-12s also only have 1 tournament appearance and the U-16s and minors fail to fulfill their league fixtures.???
The club is progressing fair enough but you should carefully limit your usage of those rose tinted glasses.