Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FM

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 08:39:32 AM
Well done to the hurlers on a great win, Ronan has done a great job.
As for the primadonnas, they need to take a good hard look at themselves. If you don't respect the jersey then don't bother committing, and as for the fellas who arrived to training from the holylands on Thursday (drunk). They need to be rooted out of training tomorrow and never be given a Down jersey again. There are standards in this county.
If the down players had more balls to them like the young Gael who jumped off the roof on paddy's day, then we would be better for it as a county.
Also surely you would only know that if you were down in the Holylands drinking with them TH

Smurfy123

Down have a brilliant tradition which is getting absolutely thrashed on by some
The lads who took it upon themselves to go drinking Thursday and show up to training should be off the panel this morning
It's baffling how it's the talk of the changing room yet the management somehow failed to notice
James McCartan is one of our best ever players and for players to show that is a disgrace

5times5times

Where was Mooney yesterday? Injured? Didn't see him part of the subs either?

Monaghan will beat us by 20+ points.. Sean Og and CO to blame for this miss. Look at the job Tally is doing in Kerry now. Yet Down being Down, chased another good manager due to county exec idiocy.

thewobbler

Down won't be far away from Monaghan.

Monaghan have spent a decade now getting more than the sum of their parts. Their approach allows them to compete with the best. But it doesn't magic up an ability to put weaker opponents to the sword.

Truth hurts

Sean og is not to blame for getting rid of Paddy Tally. The clubs of Down are!

The players who went drinking showed no respect to the jersey or for the proud traditions of GAA in our county. They should walk before they are pushed. I am raging about this.

We had plenty of chances yesterday. Why do we keep changing the keeper? I thought Kane played well in his last game.

5times5times

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 11:03:05 AM

The players who went drinking showed no respect to the jersey or for the proud traditions of GAA in our county. They should walk before they are pushed. I am raging about this.

We had plenty of chances yesterday. Why do we keep changing the keeper? I thought Kane played well in his last game.

Surely the drinking part is a WUM???

Targetman

Kane was in Edinburgh on a stag party!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: Targetman on March 21, 2022, 11:10:15 AM

Kane was in Edinburgh on a stag party!!

Awh FFS. We are a fecking shit show. A shit show.

maldini

Quote from: thewobbler on March 21, 2022, 10:52:06 AM
Down won't be far away from Monaghan.

Monaghan have spent a decade now getting more than the sum of their parts. Their approach allows them to compete with the best. But it doesn't magic up an ability to put weaker opponents to the sword.

Based on what exactly?
Struggling to make a case for Down keeping the game competitive

manwithnoplan

How many players were drinking? Surely they couldn't be stupid enough to actually do that, I mean if you're going to act the maggot and go drinking then at least don't go to training later on! Surely it's a wind up

Truth hurts

I wish it was a wind up tbh lads drinking, stag parties etc The money should be taken from the primadonnas, they do not deserve expert coaching, expert s and c etc
We need a root and branch change in Down GAA.
We are making the same mistakes and getting the worst results.

There was a good following of Down support in Cork, people giving up their time and money to go and watch men who pretend they care about the fortunes of the county but in reality, could not care two monkeys.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 02:23:32 PM
I wish it was a wind up tbh lads drinking, stag parties etc The money should be taken from the primadonnas, they do not deserve expert coaching, expert s and c etc

There was a good following of Down support in Cork, people giving up their time and money to go and watch men who pretend they care about the fortunes of the county but in reality, could not care two monkeys.

I wouldn't have much issue with Kane being on a stag as he hasn't been a county panel regular and probably wasn't even thinking of Down when he booked that trip as the focus was on Kilcoo. More concerned about boys drinking on the day they had training, I doubt any other county in Ireland has geniuses like that on their panel.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: 5times5times on March 21, 2022, 10:36:18 AM
Where was Mooney yesterday? Injured? Didn't see him part of the subs either?

Monaghan will beat us by 20+ points.. Sean Og and CO to blame for this miss. Look at the job Tally is doing in Kerry now. Yet Down being Down, chased another good manager due to county exec idiocy.

County exec idiocy?? How do u work that out? I listened to a podcast last week where Tally said the executive voted him back in but he didn't feel he had the full backing of the clubs when it was put to them. Are players not entitled to a few drinks? It's not professional sport. Plus why train on St Patrick's day when you know there is a chance of this happening.

SamFever

Will you be running for Office in this root&branch reform of our County?I'm sure you'll have a lot of prominent backers throughout the County.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: SamFever on March 21, 2022, 07:10:50 PM

Will you be running for Office in this root&branch reform of our County?I'm sure you'll have a lot of prominent backers throughout the County.

🤣🤣🤣🐂💩