Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Brilliant performance and result for the hurlers, into league final, Ronan Sheehan is doing some job. Good to see hurling being covered by BBC on the iPlayer, great coverage.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Any idea if the Cork v Down game is on any radio station??

ardtole

I was told cork 103fm was best bet.

snoopdog

Quote from: ardtole on March 20, 2022, 01:01:50 PM
I was told cork 103fm was best bet.
Thanks I will give that a go

mourneman9194

For a period of that game I thought we might have kicked on and won it,  in fairness to the lads they battled back well. Extremely wasteful in front of goal, some amount of chances missed for Down today - a little bit of composure and the game could have been different. And at the other end, Cork just seemed to get their scores a lot easier. Back down to Division 3, probably where we belong at this moment in time.

Mourne Rover

A little more composure not only today but against Meath and Offaly could easily have left us on six points. However, our consistent results over the last five or six years place us somewhere between D2 and D3 so relegation should not come as a surprise. The rebuilding programme which is required may be easier at the third level anyway.

snoopdog

Not good enough for div 2 or Sam maguire. Down are where they belong. Div 3 will be tough next year to get out off.

Lotto

Quote from: Mourne Rover on March 20, 2022, 03:27:20 PM
A little more composure not only today but against Meath and Offaly could easily have left us on six points. However, our consistent results over the last five or six years place us somewhere between D2 and D3 so relegation should not come as a surprise. The rebuilding programme which is required may be easier at the third level anyway.

I stand to be corrected but how can we rebuild or have continuity if our U.20's do not have an S&C coach, do any S&C or follow a particular county programme? We are a Div 3 team at the minute but I would be fearful for any short/medium term progress. We're as low as we have been for a long while and it's hard to see any of our county teams doing anything this year. I know I am Mr Negativity but it's hard not to be.

Johnnysboys

I stand to be corrected but how can we rebuild or have continuity if our U.20's do not have an S&C coach, do any S&C or follow a particular county programme? We are a Div 3 team at the minute but I would be fearful for any short/medium term progress. We're as low as we have been for a long while and it's hard to see any of our county teams doing anything this year. I know I am Mr Negativity but it's hard not to be.
[/quote]

Surely this is not correct??? Would this not be a prerequisite for any county squad in 2022??

Mourne Red

Surely Laverty and Clarke wouldn't have took over the u20s without a S&C coach? Unless they're doing it themselves? But I don't see Laverty divulging Kilcoo S&C secrets.

Sandstorm

If this team does not improve dramatically it may be easy enough to get out of Division 3 next year. Unfortunately.

snoopdog

Quote from: Sandstorm on March 20, 2022, 10:20:41 PM
If this team does not improve dramatically it may be easy enough to get out of Division 3 next year. Unfortunately.

Very true. Through the trap door. Clones at end of April would be a worry of a humiliation of 2016 proportions.

Truth hurts

Well done to the hurlers on a great win, Ronan has done a great job.
As for the primadonnas, they need to take a good hard look at themselves. If you don't respect the jersey then don't bother committing, and as for the fellas who arrived to training from the holylands on Thursday (drunk). They need to be rooted out of training tomorrow and never be given a Down jersey again. There are standards in this county.

Ed Hardy

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 08:39:32 AM
As for the primadonnas, they need to take a good hard look at themselves. If you don't respect the jersey then don't bother committing, and as for the fellas who arrived to training from the holylands on Thursday (drunk). They need to be rooted out of training tomorrow and never be given a Down jersey again. There are standards in this county.

Surely that isn't true?

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 21, 2022, 08:39:32 AM

Fairly big accusation there, is it 100% correct?