Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

lads check out the new mayobridge website
http://www.mayobridgegac.com/
check out the media gallery.. some great pictures and a few clips form senior quarter finals.. it shows ronan sextons goals and how close we were to being put out
great work by aiadan mallon and joseph gallagher.. put up my bulletin notes mallon.. come and take clips of the thirds tonight lol
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

redandblackjack

Ive seen Domhnall Murphy play a few times and been impressed, isnt he an armagh man? A solid player. The Mc Ardles and Marty Farrell from Annaclone were also impressive. Big Fitzpatrick is hopefully one for the future as is James Patterson. Soupy Campbell stood out for the Harps IMO interesting to see how he gets on with the county. Courtney didn't play the big ball this year wobbler.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: T O Hare on September 06, 2007, 04:04:09 PM
lads check out the new mayobridge website
http://www.mayobridgegac.com/
check out the media gallery.. some great pictures and a few clips form senior quarter finals.. it shows ronan sextons goals and how close we were to being put out
great work by aiadan mallon and joseph gallagher.. put up my bulletin notes mallon.. come and take clips of the thirds tonight lol

Brilliant stuff guts - bet you have them all printed and put up on your bedroom wall and gaze at Benny everynight with the moonlight keeping you company!!

amallon

cheers tommy. I'm in england at the moment but will put up your stuff when i get home.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

southdown

Amallon, fantastic work on the website there, some cracking photos there.  I only wish our own site was the same.

Lads, heres a random question, and I only thought of it yesterday:  What is the deal with that van you would have seen at the Down games, the one with the Down logo etc on it?  Surely it does more than just carry footballs to training??  Can anyone enlighten me or give me reason to justify why CB would spend that type of money on a van?

thewobbler

QuoteCourtney didn't play the big ball this year wobbler.
Ah, i meant the other one (Is it Paul or Keith?), who played at midfield against us in Ballyholland. We didn't win a clean ball at midfield all game because of him. I presume he is a brother of Ciaran? He's a similar sort of unselfish player.

Townie

alot of people have written the ford off already before a ball has even been kicked i think they will give the bridge there fill of it. We beat the bridge a few weeks back and wasn impressed ford are very nstrong physically and have a lot of proven championship players. Does anyone agree?

Whitehair

Neil Courtney!?

amallon

I'm not suprised you weren't impressed that night townie because we played terrible against you. Your lads have to take some credit for our poor performance that night. The ford came down to our place and out played us for long spells in the recent league game. It will be tight but they won't get it as handy again. We got the best kick up the hole any team could get in the drawn game against Rostrevor. Our lads know they can't sit back and wait for it to happen they know they got to make it happen. I'm nervous but confident for saturday. May the best team win. I.e the bridge
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on September 06, 2007, 09:14:18 PM
I'm not suprised you weren't impressed that night townie because we played terrible against you. Your lads have to take some credit for our poor performance that night. The ford came down to our place and out played us for long spells in the recent league game. It will be tight but they won't get it as handy again. We got the best kick up the hole any team could get in the drawn game against Rostrevor. Our lads know they can't sit back and wait for it to happen they know they got to make it happen. I'm nervous but confident for saturday. May the best team win. I.e the bridge

Just hope the weather holds for all games at the weekend.
We will go to Newry with a low esteem but you never know what Bryansford team will take the field these days - they will need to all be top of their game to cause an upset although I would safely the rest of Down will be on our side. Aidan you will agree with this i'd say!

Lecale2

I can't see past the Bridge but I reckon the Stone can cause a minor upset and beat Burren. Ladbrookes have Longstone at 11/8. That's well worth including in a treble for the weekend.

Lecale2

Ah throw in Mayobridge and pick a short odds favorite from another county.

goldenyears

Quote from: southdown on September 06, 2007, 07:55:45 PM

Lads, heres a random question, and I only thought of it yesterday:  What is the deal with that van you would have seen at the Down games, the one with the Down logo etc on it?  Surely it does more than just carry footballs to training??  Can anyone enlighten me or give me reason to justify why CB would spend that type of money on a van?

the bus was ross/dj idea and was sponsored by private money - cb had nothing to do with it. it carries balls/water bottles/cones/all other necessities - handy i guess instead of car boots being full of the stuff.....

goldenyears

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on September 07, 2007, 08:52:20 AM

although I would safely the rest of Down will be on our side.

south down man here spirit and I would have no want/hope that you beat the bridge at all - i dont think the rest of down will be backing you either. there is no doubt that going into ulster the bridge are still the best equipped to challenge, altho i do think that challenge wont hold against the quality in other counties right now......

goldenyears

irish news:

Kilcoo still top the Division One table and will complete their league programme this evening when they play Liatroim. Loughinisland and Bryansford drew last week, meaning that the 'Island will have to depend on the relegation play-offs for survival while Castlewellan must beat Longstone to miss out on the relegation play-offs. If that happens, Bryansford will join Loughinisland and Liatroim in the battle for survival as Atticall are automatically relegated.

Last weekend, Liatroim pulled off a shock win over SFC semi-finalists Longstone, while Kilcoo stay top despite losing against Longstone and Rostrevor. Mayobridge stay in second after their win over Atticall. The other two play-off spots rest between Clonduff, who drew with Burren last week, Longstone, despite their loss at Liatroim, and Clonduff.

In Division Two, all clubs – with the exception of Carryduff, Shamrocks and Downpatrick – have completed their programme. Saval scrambled a one point win over Clann na Banna to remain top, while Ballyholland are in second after their easy win at Carryduff. Annaclone are in fourth place but Downpatrick could catch them if they beat Carryduff in their remaining game. At the bottom, Carryduff are already relegated. Glasdrumman, who lost heavily to Downpatrick, will have to depend on the relegation play-offs for survival. They could be joined by Clann na Banna and Warrenpoint if Shamrocks beat Carryduff this evening.

The spotlight this weekend is on the SFC, IFC and JFC, as well as the SHC semi-finals tomorrow and Sunday.

Kilcoo won the East Down U16 FC 'A', defeating Downpatrick by 1-12 to 1-8 in the final on Sunday after winning the Ulster U16 Og Sport Shield in Kilrea 24 hours earlier.

St Joseph's won the U16 'B' title, defeating holders Teconnaught. St Gall's (Antrim) won the 28th Castlewellan Invitation Sevens, beating the home club in the final by 2-9 to 0-6 with keeper Kieran McGourty winning the player of the tournament for the second time. An unsavoury incident in the quarter-final between Kilcoo (Down) and Moy Tir na nOg (Tyrone) saw both sides disqualified.

Rostrevor won their first ever ladies JFC crown beating Kilcoo by 6-2 to 2-10 in the final at Downpatrick.