Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Bryansford and Down County Board have both agreed on the sale of St Patricks Park. Check www.bryansford.com for details.
Historic night for all.

amallon

Historic all right.  I know £1.25 mil sounds like a lot but it might not go that far when you have 3 or more pitches to lay and club rooms to build. 

Have you any idea how much the Co. Board will have left to develop its own facilities?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

johnneycool

Quote from: amallon on August 17, 2007, 09:21:06 AM
Historic all right.  I know £1.25 mil sounds like a lot but it might not go that far when you have 3 or more pitches to lay and club rooms to build. 

Have you any idea how much the Co. Board will have left to develop its own facilities?

Figures bandied about at the start of the year were in and around the 17 million mark and that with a few lads with good contacts. I haven't heard a thing since

Smiler An Dun

Whilst this is good news for the Bryansford club, there is still going to be a lot of work needed to be done from the county board side of things.  For example, where is the new Centre of Excellence/training facilities/what ever you are going to call it,  going to be located and how easily will it be for them to acquire the required land.  At least Bryansford have their location pointed out.

Will the county now have a second county field to play games on or is Pairc Esler going to be used as the only venue.  No doubt great work has been done in Newry but surely it can't cope with games all year round. and with the proposed work on the new changing room area, they will need an alternative venue.

southdown

Ladbrokes bookies have come up with the following odds for the SFC:

Longstone 8/1
Kilcoo 7/1
Burren 5/1
Mayobridge 4/5
Rostrevor 16/1
Castlewellan 14/1
Loughinisland 14/1
Bryansford 10/1

Very suprised at Rostrevor's odds!

wobbller

DownFanatic

Wobbller, Ive no idea about odds for the IFC but the teams could ranked by favorites down as the following:

Saval
Ballymartin
Downpatrick
Ballyholland
Darragh Cross
Tullylish
Carryduff
Dundrum
Bredagh

Any fancy having a go at supplying some odds?

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Johnny Cool - who do you fancy for the IHC game tonight, I think I'll take a trip down to it. Personally I am going to back Ballygalget to win this one as I assume they will line out fairly strong ahead of the senior championship with Dingy and Bale etc available to play. That will make it two Ards teams in the final and we will then have the nonesense of effectively "banning" 30 players from one of the Ards clubs playing championship hurling next year.

At the hurling convention this year I intend raising the point that if Liatriom were allowed play again this year how can they ban the winners of the championship this year if they happen to come from the Ards.

Whitehair

Wats the time and venue for the match?

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Its down for Kilclief at 7pm tonight - I see they took the Ballea and Bredagh game along with the Warrenpoint V Ballycran match to Darragh Cross. Get there early Whitehair or prepare to change in the kitchen like us!

How do you end up with Bredagh I thought the draw for the semi-finals had already previously been made, with the Crans due to play Bredagh? Think I might go to that as well, could be the pick of the hurling matches over the weekend, certainly beats watching the "peelers" in Pairc Esler on Saturday evening!   ;)

amallon

Longstone 8/1
Kilcoo 7/1
Burren 5/1
Mayobridge 4/5
Rostrevor 16/1
Castlewellan 14/1
Loughinisland 14/1
Bryansford 10/1

Some crazy odds there.  Kilcoo 7-1 and the Ford 10-1 are very generous.  4-5 is very very short on the Bridge.

goldenyears

downfanatic, how do you support your rankings for the IFC title? whats it based on?

thewobbler

I'd say the bookie in question here is just being a bit sharper than most bookies have been in recent years with Down Championship.

It really is a case of playing Mayobridge against the field. The bookie here thinks Mayobridge are sure things, so is basically trying to get money from wherever he can on any other team by offering seemingly tasty prices.

Rostrevor are justifiably 16/1 because they'll probably go out in the next round. Even if they pull off the shock of the year vs Mayobridge, they would still have to beat two equal or better opponents after that to land the cup.

As for the IFC, if I was a bookie I'd now be trying to avoid money on Ballyholland or Ballymartin, as given the draw they've landed, both should be taking their places in the semi-finals. Neither Saval nor Downpatrick is no longer a sure thing to make it there.

amallon

I can understand us being favourites but not 4-5 favourites!  I'd have Kilcoo in as second favourites at 3's or 4's. 

Bacon

What time are the matches in the JHC on sunday? I thought Ballygalget/Liatroim was on Saturday.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009