Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Bredagh V Ballea was in the paper for 3pm, not sure of the Warrenpoint V Crans match though assume it will be on before the "main event".

Liatriom game definitely tonight was speaking to one of their players last night.

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

spiritof91and94

Anybody know what SFL Div 1 games are scheduled tonight? The seven day rule will effect some I imagine - Bryansford v An Riocht is on though in Newcastle at 7pm - after this we have one game left loughinisland at home.

No1

QuoteAs for the IFC, if I was a bookie I'd now be trying to avoid money on Ballyholland or Ballymartin, as given the draw they've landed, both should be taking their places in the semi-finals. Neither Saval nor Downpatrick is no longer a sure thing to make it there.

I'd agree with wobbs.  The IFC favourites should be in this order: Ballyholland, Ballymartin, Saval/RGU.

Have yiz a full squad tonight wobbs?  

Our season is as good as finished.  Some of our boys are at a wedding today and it'll be hard to motivate the rest of them if they think winning will do the RGU a favour!

johnneycool

Quote from: Pull Hard Hes No Relation on August 17, 2007, 11:39:13 AM
Johnny Cool - who do you fancy for the IHC game tonight, I think I'll take a trip down to it. Personally I am going to back Ballygalget to win this one as I assume they will line out fairly strong ahead of the senior championship with Dingy and Bale etc available to play. That will make it two Ards teams in the final and we will then have the nonesense of effectively "banning" 30 players from one of the Ards clubs playing championship hurling next year.

At the hurling convention this year I intend raising the point that if Liatriom were allowed play again this year how can they ban the winners of the championship this year if they happen to come from the Ards.

I'd obviously fancy ourselves to see off Liatroim but we're very much an up and down outfit at the minute. Dingy is expected to make his comeback tonight after being out for the better part of the year, but if we are going to struggle it'll be further back down the field as we may lack a bit of speed in defence at times. Some of the lads aren't the cutest when it comes to defending so we'll need to be careful with the free count. Spike is training away for the first time in a long time and will be our main scoring threat now that's he's got a lot fitter than his usual budgy self. Don't know enough about Liatroim other than the two Browns and big Jerome, but I'd hope we'd play all our hurling up the wings as that's where we are at our strongest in the forwards anyway.

thewobbler

We've a couple missing as well No.1. I just hope it's the same Kilciief that turned up in Ballyholland last year, and not the one we met up in your place in May.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 0-19  Glenn 3-05

Down IFC 1st Round Replay

Carryduff 3-09  Bredagh 2-06

Smiler An Dun

st michaels beat aghaderg tonight by a point, to gain the runners up place from the fourth division.

boscomo

bosco beat drumgath by 12 points tonight, bosco played well in stages drumgath just looked to fulfill the fixture
but credit to the bosco who had several of their key players back.
if in doubt eat it

southdown

Glasdrumman beat Ballymartin by 6

An Riocht beat Bryansford

passedit

St Pauls beat Bright, Tullylish beat Saul
Don't Panic

Lecale2

IHC semi final: ballygalget 1-17 2-06 Liatroim

cloneman

Square Ball

was there any league matches tonight in Div 3?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Townie

fcuk div. 3 does anyone have the results from div.1?
we beat the bridge handy enough