Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrocks Gaelp

The junior game on Sunday seems like it will be a tighter afair than the intermediate. Would someone like to give me the rundown of both Drumaness' and Kilclief's best players? I already know of both Donal Kennedy and Brian McIlmurray from Drumaness but I'm not too familiar with any curren kilclief players!

elk

I'm sure Ballymartin will be looking forward to the intermediate final going in as underdogs on Sunday and relish the fact that most people think it is a given that Warrenpoint will win. Ballymartin have gotten to the final via some tough matches and this should help in the final, whereas Warrenpoint have not been tested yet on their way to the final. Hopefully it will be a tighter game than some people think.

Brick Tamlin

'Point at a canter.
Nothing more to see here, move along please.

SHEEDY

derry away in 1st round of ulster, then one of Donegal, tyrone or Armagh in semi final. if down are going to end their 20 year wait for another an ulster title its going to be done the hard way.
nil satis nisi optimum

Predictor

Ulster

Prelim
Donegal v Tyrone

Quarter
Armagh v Donegal/Tyrone, Cavan v Monaghan, Fermanagh v Antrim, Derry v Down

Semi
Derry/Down v Armagh/Donegal/Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan v Fermanagh/Antrim

charlieTully

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 09, 2014, 07:59:45 PM
derry away in 1st round of ulster, then one of Donegal, tyrone or Armagh in semi final. if down are going to end their 20 year wait for another an ulster title its going to be done the hard way.

yet another away fixture. >:(

No1

Quote from: Shamrocks Gaelp on October 08, 2014, 11:46:14 PM
The junior game on Sunday seems like it will be a tighter afair than the intermediate. Would someone like to give me the rundown of both Drumaness' and Kilclief's best players? I already know of both Donal Kennedy and Brian McIlmurray from Drumaness but I'm not too familiar with any curren kilclief players!

The main Kilclief lads have been around for a few years, Ciaran Sloan, Ricky Kerr, Finty Conway, Aidan McCann, Liam Woods to name a few! Good luck to them on Sunday.

Hedgehunter

Has the minor game been moved til next Tuesday? I thought it was a triple header on Sunday,but according to the fixture list on the down website it's next Tuesday?

Also does anyone have the leagues/fixtures or the u21's?

NP 76

The brother of one of the burren mentors has died I would say that's why the minor game is shifted

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on October 09, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

The main Kilclief lads have been around for a few years, Ciaran Sloan, Ricky Kerr, Finty Conway, Aidan McCann, Liam Woods to name a few! Good luck to them on Sunday.

Always had a lot of respect for Kilclief.
Dual club with a small catchment area but always managed to sustain themselves at intermediate in the football.
Good IFC win in 2011 and I think they will sign off with the junior on Sunday.
Ciaran Sloan probably one of the most prolific and consistent club players over the past decade.

5 Sams

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 10, 2014, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: No1 on October 09, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

Always had a lot of respect for Kilclief.
Dual club with a small catchment area but always managed to sustain themselves at intermediate in the football.
Good IFC win in 2011 and I think they will sign off with the junior on Sunday.
Ciaran Sloan probably one of the most prolific and consistent club players over the past decade.

Always a hoor of a place to get 2 points. I'm old enough to have played against Ben Dearg!! They took no prisoners.
The Aristocrat Years

charlieTully

are the junior and intermediate tommorow evening or sunday?

SHEEDY

Quote from: charlieTully on October 10, 2014, 09:11:40 PM
are the junior and intermediate tommorow evening or sunday?
sunday. junior 2pm. intermediate 4pm
nil satis nisi optimum

No1

QuoteAlways a hoor of a place to get 2 points. I'm old enough to have played against Ben Dearg!! They took no prisoners.

Going by the stories, football on a Sunday afternoon in the parish back then was a minor detail, the cure and violence were the main priorities! Friday night games transformed our fortunes, make of that what you will!  :D

I'm also pretty sure the Harps were no shrinking violets!

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on October 10, 2014, 09:51:24 PM
QuoteAlways a hoor of a place to get 2 points. I'm old enough to have played against Ben Dearg!! They took no prisoners.

Going by the stories, football on a Sunday afternoon in the parish back then was a minor detail, the cure and violence were the main priorities! Friday night games transformed our fortunes, make of that what you will!  :D

I'm also pretty sure the Harps were no shrinking violets!

We weren't !!! Might see you in Newry tomorrow. Good luck my friend.
The Aristocrat Years