Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: outinfront on October 19, 2014, 07:06:47 PM
No question of square ball due to new rules. Kilcoo were second best I felt and lucky to be 2 up with 1min injury time to go. Clontibret got many scores from frees, many of which were moved in by the ref. as for the end, If they had fouled further out the field (as they did during the rest of the match) then the goal never would have happened. Clontibret big and strong and packed defence strangled the kilcoo threat. They have some strong and powerful players. Hard lines to kilcoo though hard way to lose.

They certainly tried, PD tried to drag down the guy running from midfield but the lad was too strong and shrugged him off, ref let the play continue. Kilcoo had no answers to the blanket, that goal attempt that came off the post proved to be crucial. Not from there but genuinely gutted for them

Sheedy

gutted for kilcoo after that late heartbreak. thought they would have given ulster a good rattle this year. kilcoo had no answer to clontibrets defensive tactics and found them hard to break down. you would never have thought kilcoo had an extra man for a good part of the match. a 2 point lead has shown again to be a very perilous lead. im sure kilcoo will be kicking themselves they didn't manage to drag the clontibret player down at the end.
the long wait for a down club team to win an ulster title goes on.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mid Down Gael

Thanks lads. We r gutted but that's football, we no we where far from r best today but there won't be any complaints from us about referees, their negative approach etc.. In the end of the day we didn't play well enough and where hit by a sucker punch. Well done clontibret and good luck in the next round. Kilcoo will be back. 

outinfront

speculative

Very poor game of football. Clontibert were out on their feet with 10 to go and Kilcoo just couldn't capitalise, wasting opportunity after opportunity. I wouldn't think Clontibert will pose much of a challenge to St. Gall's anyway.

Disappointing for Kilcoo but with all due respect they are a shade off winning an Ulster Title and yesterday proved that.

elk

Wasn't a great game to watch, a lot of wayward passing and handling errors. That's as bad as I have seen Kilcoo play and they didn't take full advantage of having the extra man for a significant part of the game . I thought the thing that caught them out in the end was the fact the referee awarded frees ( and then moved them up ) for tackles that Kilcoo got away with in the Down 1/4 and semi finals. Mc Manus then quite happily stroked them over. Can't see the winners progressing to the semis.

downup

Clubs are now on the hunt for new managers or re-appoint the current ones. Below is what I have heard so far, anyone add or amend this?

Bryansford - Dawson 
Mayobridge  - Walsh
Castlewellan - Shorty????? Not sure
Burren - Could be a change on the cards here
Kilcoo - ???????? Def on the lookout for someone
RGU Downpatrick - Kane
Clonduff - Current managers not re-appointed so on the lookout
Longstone - Mc Gee, though heard he may be leaving
Glenn - Not sure but would imagine the same as this year
Rostrevor  - Word on street is Sean Ward
Ballyholland - Poacher
Saval - Not sure
Annaclone - Not sure, John Morgan has moved on so don't no if that affects Mc Avoy's position
Liatroim - On the lookout for new manager
Warrenpoint - Same as this year
Banbridge - Wilson

Last years relegated teams:
Tullylish - On the lookout as Poland not re-appointed
Loughinisland - On the lookout as managers quit before end of season

Some is this is street talk but don't think its too far off the mark.

pauly2

Gearoid Adams installed with Clonduff during the week.

NP 76

Heard that last night about Adams but didn't believe the man who told me. What happened the two boys that were there were they chased or jumped ship ?

Nailer

Any word on what is happening with Burrenbridge, ready recently in the Irish News that the 400 grand deposit paid by county board went up in smoke.
Has the project been abandoned?

pauly2

Think it was parting by mutual consent.

Line Ball

How could you describe it as a 'parting of mutual consent' when it has cost us nearly £400,000?  The obvious greed, and incompetence, of the county board cost us dearly.  There was a serious offer of around £13m on the table for St Patrick's Park at the height of the building boom but in their wisdom the county board wanted to hold out for £17m (with planning permission), apparently, and the arse dropped out of the market in the mean time.  It's actually not very surprising when you think of the men who are running our county board.

Brick Tamlin

I think he was maybe referring to the Clonduff post about the management team departing.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 27, 2014, 08:53:58 AM
I think he was maybe referring to the Clonduff post about the management team departing.

Many's a good fight started with an understanding!

S.Poacher2012

GAA Coaching Clinic

Date: Saturday 15th November 2014

Venue: St Columban's College Kilkeel

Cost: £10 (Includes Tea/Coffee and information booklet)

** Proceeds for the development of GAA in St Columbans**

AGENDA:

10am: Welcome

10.10am: Aidan O' Rourke (Development Manager Queens Gaa)

"Building elements of a game-plan into training sessions"

- Clearly defined game-plan goals

- Fundamentals of play with and without the ball

- Transitions during games

**Practical Session Outdoor**

11.45am: Tea/Coffee/Snack

12.00pm: Conor Laverty (Trinity College Gaa Development Officer)

"Developing Attacking Play in your team"

**Practical Session Outdoor**

Contact Steven Poacher to confirm place via text to 07779780919 or email to stevepoacher@hotmail.com **Payment on the day**