Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

Quote from: our_fella on October 13, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
Hear that Poucher eejit is now with Annaclone... Nearly a big a mercenary as Dawson!

Man is totally clueless, regardless of his weekly muck in the gaelic life!
Clueless ??? You obviously have not attended one of his training sessions #keyboardwarrier
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

supersub

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 13, 2013, 11:02:42 PM
Drumgath's Colm Maginn is worth a shot in the McKenna Cup.

Packie Downey outstanding today.

What number was Maginn, 14? Only person near county standard on the pitch was Downey, and even at that when Murtagh was put on him he wasn't as effective, although the game was probably won, don't know why that move wasn't made earlier as Murtagh himself wasn't doing much around the middle. Bosco kicked some wides in the first half, they could easily have been a lot closer at half time. Moan made a difference up front when he came on, but they didn't have enough scoring forwards and chances kept falling to the wrong men, i.e. backs/midfielders. Well done to Drumgath however they did what they had to do and the two lads up front took the scores when it mattered and that was the difference - Downey could easily have had two goals as well.

5 Sams

Quote from: T O Hare on October 14, 2013, 02:28:42 AM
Quote from: our_fella on October 13, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
Hear that Poucher eejit is now with Annaclone... Nearly a big a mercenary as Dawson!

Man is totally clueless, regardless of his weekly muck in the gaelic life!
Clueless ??? You obviously have not attended one of his training sessions #keyboardwarrier

+1
I'd say if you asked the players he has coached what they thought they would put you right! Havin said that he's still a header along the line...even he wouldn't deny that.
The Aristocrat Years

Confused

The word coach and manager often get confused. But u can be a good coach and terrible manager and vise versa. Think this applies to poacher. Coach just good and manager Poor. Egotistical and an all about me individual. He needs to be centre of attention, even during games. Even these posts will only feed his ego.

charlieTully

Quote from: supersub on October 14, 2013, 09:41:35 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on October 13, 2013, 11:02:42 PM
Drumgath's Colm Maginn is worth a shot in the McKenna Cup.

Packie Downey outstanding today.

What number was Maginn, 14? Only person near county standard on the pitch was Downey, and even at that when Murtagh was put on him he wasn't as effective, although the game was probably won, don't know why that move wasn't made earlier as Murtagh himself wasn't doing much around the middle. Bosco kicked some wides in the first half, they could easily have been a lot closer at half time. Moan made a difference up front when he came on, but they didn't have enough scoring forwards and chances kept falling to the wrong men, i.e. backs/midfielders. Well done to Drumgath however they did what they had to do and the two lads up front took the scores when it mattered and that was the difference - Downey could easily have had two goals as well.

number 9, got man of the match award, played midfield for Down under 21s this year.

downup

The club manager merrygoround has most definitely began. After Dawson's reported coup by Bryansford it seems that a lot of the teams at the other end of the table are now without managers:
Longstone
Clonduff
Leitrim(stepping down after playoff match)
An Riocht
are now all on the hunt for new men at the helm. Let the merrygoround commence.

Line Ball

Taken from Hoganstand

Dawson back in management with Bryansford
14 October 2013

Antrim football manager Frank DawsonFrank Dawason has been appointed manager of top Down club side Bryansford just weeks after resigning as Antrim football boss.

Dawson, who replaces Pete McGrath in the Bryansford hot-seat, has stressed that the offer came after his departure from the Saffrons. He is highly regarded in Down club circles, having guided Burren and Clonduff to SFC success in the past, while he also brought Longstone to a county final a few years ago.

"I want to draw a line under that decision to leave Antrim," he is quoted in Gaelic Life.

"My resignation was for reasons related to a different vision of where, and how, I saw Antrim being able to realise its potential.

"There has been a lot of wild and ill-informed speculation regarding my departure from Antrim. There was no job waiting for me. There was no prior discussion with any county or club as to any new job.

"But when Bryansford contacted me after my resignation I had absolutely no hesitation in agreeing to talk. Everything that has happened since then has convinced me that this is the club that has the right fit for me. It is ambitious. It has a football DNA that has continually developed players of great talent.

"The challenge for all of us at Bryansford, on and off the pitch, is translate that talent into sustained results."

I don't know why he is saying that firstly Bryansford contacted him and secondly that it was after he had resigned.  It is common knowledge that both of these are wrong.  It will be interesting how he gets on with Bryansford, after all they shouldn't be that far away from the likes of Kilcoo and Burren. He could make all the difference. 

our_fella

Im not denying he knows his stuff with regarding drills etc,but what on earth has he achieved? He was chased from the Down u21 scene, and the kingdom couldnt wait to get rid of him!

extra time

Quote from: our_fella on October 15, 2013, 03:00:13 AM
Im not denying he knows his stuff with regarding drills etc,but what on earth has he achieved? He was chased from the Down u21 scene, and the kingdom couldnt wait to get rid of him!
More made up crap!!

our_fella

I can promise you its not "made up crap"

Rodders88

Our-fella -   Have you personally been coached or managed by Poacher? From the shit your talking on here, I would be confident in saying that you haven't been! If you speak to any off the players he has coached or managed, they wouldn't have a bad word to say about him.  I have  played on a team he has been involved in and everything about his training and coaching methods has been 1st Class. The man is passionate about Gaelic Football! As 5Sams said "he's a header along the line"..everyone would agree with this statement.  Its just shows his passion and drive to win...how boring would it be if we were all like robots who showed no emotion! Your just another keyword warrior talking shit online. He must know something if An Roicht, Mayobridge and Ballyholland brought him in. Plus if I remember correctly he was also with Burren a few years back.

Brick Tamlin

Incidentally how did those teams fare under his excellent coaching?

Rodders88

We'll the bridge got to the Championship Final Last year and would of won only for two mistakes by the keeper.

Ballyholland finished 5th in the league this year and were dealt a bad hand with their Championship Group.

He won the 2nd Division with An Roicht when it was a harder league that it is now. Granted he was in charge when they were relegated but they were really hampered with players emigrating. Think must clubs in the county would struggle

Also Our_fella said that he was chased from the Down u21 scene...doesn't mention that he was in charge of the Down u17 Development Squad this year. I have no doubt he will in the next few years take the Down minor job or at least be involved with the back room team.

Also why have people got such a problem with him? Please explain?

extra time

Quote from: Rodders88 on October 16, 2013, 01:11:19 PM
We'll the bridge got to the Championship Final Last year and would of won only for two mistakes by the keeper.

Ballyholland finished 5th in the league this year and were dealt a bad hand with their Championship Group.

He won the 2nd Division with An Roicht when it was a harder league that it is now. Granted he was in charge when they were relegated but they were really hampered with players emigrating. Think must clubs in the county would struggle

Also Our_fella said that he was chased from the Down u21 scene...doesn't mention that he was in charge of the Down u17 Development Squad this year. I have no doubt he will in the next few years take the Down minor job or at least be involved with the back room team. Good post.

Also why have people got such a problem with him? Please explain?

umpire

Quote from: drici on October 15, 2013, 06:27:13 PM
Dia Luain   21 - 10 - 13
Highlights 8-30pm

Burren v Kilcoo

Arles/Killeen v Portlaoise

Summerhill v Na Fianna

Dr Crokes v Austin Stacks

International Rules

Don't know which game on TG4 live yet.