Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

are kilcoo only a league team that will never materialise into championship contenders!!?? admittidly theyre very hard to beat in th leagur but tend to bottle it come championship time??

johnneycool

Sunday 29 July

Democrat Intermediate Hurling Championship

2pm in Kilclief, Ballygalget v Ballyvarley L Quinn

5pm in Darragh Cross, Liatroim v Kilclief P Braniff

6.30pm in Darragh Cross, Shamrocks v Ballycran HP Mc Cusker

Surely to god it would of made more sense for us and Ballyvarley to play in Darragh cross with Liatroim and Kilclief in Castlewellan or Downpatrick?

Square Ball

Johnneycool when did sense ever play a part in venues?

did Bredagh win div 2 last night? the tables on the Down site have not been updated since 0707 so i have no idea what the craic is
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Colonel Cool

The original fixtures had Ballygalget v Ballyvarley in Darragh Cross. No idea why it was changed.
I can't believe they've fixed the game at the same time as the hurling quater finals on television. There won't be many neutrals if the weather is any way poor -as it usually is in Kilclief.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

southdown

I'll take a crack at predicting tonights Division1 fixtures.

Div 1

Loughinisland v Mayobridge DRAW

Bryansford v Castlewellan CASTLEWELLAN

Liatroim v Rostrevor ROSTREVOR

Clonduff v Longstone LONGSTONE

An Riocht v Atticall ATTICAL

Kilcoo v Burren KILCOO

Bacon

Quote from: Square Ball on July 23, 2007, 01:29:27 PM

did Bredagh win div 2 last night? the tables on the Down site have not been updated since 0707 so i have no idea what the craic is

I think Bredagh need another win to seal it and make sure no one can catch them. They play Ballygalget next week in Cherryvale so they can win itat  home.  I hear they really struggled to overcome a Ballygalget 3rds made up of u16s, minors and verterns.  A bad time to lose form, coming into the championship. Did youse have any missing Square ball?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Square Ball

Div 3

Bredagh 1-13 Drumgath 2-3
also tullylish win by 5

southdown

Square Ball

Quote from: Bacon on July 23, 2007, 07:21:56 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 23, 2007, 01:29:27 PM

I think Bredagh need another win to seal it and make sure no one can catch them. They play Ballygalget next week in Cherryvale so they can win itat  home.  I hear they really struggled to overcome a Ballygalget 3rds made up of u16s, minors and verterns.  A bad time to lose form, coming into the championship. Did youse have any missing Square ball?

Dont know the team as i was other wise engaged, was on the beer!!

dundrumite

dundrum beat teconnaught by 5. sorry down fanatic to steal your thunder   ;D scrappy game they lost their discipline getting 2 sent off meaning we were never under much pressure. who did tullylish beat squareball?

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Teconnaught 2-07  Dundrum 2-12

Square Ball

Quote from: dundrumite on July 23, 2007, 09:40:18 PM
dundrum beat teconnaught by 5. sorry down fanatic to steal your thunder   ;D scrappy game they lost their discipline getting 2 sent off meaning we were never under much pressure. who did tullylish beat squareball?

they were away to Mitchels

mournerambler

any word on saul v bosco game and a possible league positions update?i think df mite b working this out as i am typing this,div 3 must be the most interesting league in the county this year i think.

Square Ball

Saul 3-9 Bosco 0-7, well this is what i have been told

Mourne Rover

Packie Downey got a straight red for Drumgath tonight so he must be out of their championship match. Jackie Lynch was also sent off for two yellows in a very poor Drumgath performance. They got two goals in the first ten minutes, but still looked a limited side. Having started the season as hot favourites for the division three title, they are now unlikely to make the play-offs.

Bredagh are going well, although they still rely too heavily on Enda Gormley. He must have got around ten points again tonight. Their next game, against Tullylish, is a big one.