Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Bright adavanced to the Connolly Cup Final last night after they beat Dromara 2-09 to 0-06. Tonight Ardglass play Dundrum with the winner meeting Bright on Friday night.
In the Damien McCashin Shield Bright also beat Dromara.

boscomo

barry andrews played all his football for the bosco but moved away and referees for anoter club but he has refed us several times in the past but i couldnt see frank mcdonald being allowd to ref the bosco in the championship when he was our club ref.
if in doubt eat it

DownFanatic

Ardglass beat Dundrum well tonight in the second Connolly Cup Semi Final. Ardglass were on top throughout and won it at a canter. Final score: Ardglass 1-15 Dundrum 1-05.
In the second Damien McCashin Shield Semi Final, St Josephs (Ballykinlar/Dundrum) destroyed Ardglass to set up a meeting with Bright in Friday's final.
Ardglass will now play Bright in the Connolly Cup Final on Friday evening at 8pm. Without a doubt they will cut the f**k outta each other big style.

diesel-smuggler

can any of the ballyholland posters on here who was at the challenge game with carrickcruppen tonight give a brief report on the game, was unable to attend tonight! thanks!

goldenyears

diesel what club u from? are u scouting on behalf of someone or are you a cruppin man?

diesel-smuggler

golden years i am a cruppen man! i wasn;t able to attend the game last night and i just want to know what sort of game it was! we are behind alot in our league fixtures and have only played 1 game in the last 5 or 6 weeks!

goldenyears

carrickcruppin were excellent throughout.

v impressed with support/build up play from the back. numbers 6 and 7 were v good. keenan excellent at 11. seamus kane hit some great frees, and in general forward line looked v sharp. great movement, helped along by the fact that our lads decided not to tackle at all! big string team, v big right up the middle, and looked very good.

if that represents the quality in top4 div 2 armagh, then its miles better than top4 div2 in down!

boscomo

cruppin seem to have improved over the past few years, good standard of football, and they seem to have a good mixture of younger guys like ferris and some older guys like loughran all playin well.
if in doubt eat it

diesel-smuggler

5ivetimes yes mark and neil rooney have been transferred to cruppen from bosco!

boscomo

jellylegs did u read the posts about the the 2 rooneys???????????????? :o
if in doubt eat it

goldenyears

they tried to move to other down clubs and were blocked by the bosco it seems. the only move they were given was to another county

naka

the rooneys were told they would not be allowed to sign for another Down club, as they are living on the Millvale road the Bosco could not object to the transfer

JellyLegs15

Aye had heard about that rumour to..wudn't b surprised if it is the truth although never heard nethin frm the club. he may play there for a while and den move back to a down club if he still has county aspirations, all the best to em!!

amallon

Are Aidan Carr and James McGovern for the States this week?  Big blows to both clubs if there is any truth to it.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

superblues

they sure are away to new york to play for the down club