Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2012, 10:24:07 AM
Quote from: Ballybredagh on October 20, 2012, 10:18:17 PM
As an ex Cross and Passion pupil and hurler I had mixed feelings about the An Dun win, but it's good for Down hurling and it would be great if they could go on and beat St Mary's in the final. That would be some achievement on top of the Down minors winning the Ulster championship. It's just a pity that Lorcan McMullan and Chris Egan weren't able to play on this team. With them on board I'd bet my house on an An Dun victory

Is this an amalgamation of St Columba's, Portaferry and St Pats, Knock?

We've a good few lads involved, but I wouldn't be sure what school some of them go to.

I presume McMullan and Egan miss out due to the academic year being different to the calendar year.

There is a sizeable contingent from St Pat's. Downpatrick as well as hurlers from St Malachy's, Castlewellan, and St Colman's, Newry, on the side. I think they are taken from all Down schools.

outinfront

No St Pat's Knock pupils as they have a senior hurling team entered in the competition.  Thats why Chris and Lorcan aren't eligible.

Feedthebear

Quote from: outinfront on October 24, 2012, 01:47:55 PM
No St Pat's Knock pupils as they have a senior hurling team entered in the competition.  Thats why Chris and Lorcan aren't eligible.

There are also a number of players from SERC Downpatrick on this team.  Best of luck to them tomorrow night =))

johnneycool

Quote from: Feedthebear on October 24, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Quote from: outinfront on October 24, 2012, 01:47:55 PM

There are also a number of players from SERC Downpatrick on this team.  Best of luck to them tomorrow night =))

Yeah, heard that last night as we've one lad who I thought had left school and his big mug is on the cover of the program shown in the Ulster colleges thread. Not sure I'd be happy with the eligibility criteria if I were some of the other schools.
Expect a shít storm from Antrim if they do beat St Mary's.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: thewobbler on October 24, 2012, 10:50:49 AM
One thing I did learn from my year on the County Board is that all too many Gaels don't want to ever hear both sides of a story in decisions like this. They just want it their way, or they'll stick the boot into the Board. It's bloody unfair.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

[Although in saying that, ticketing the stand for the county final was a damn stupid idea!  ;D]
i usse an speelchekor

Lecale2

Maroon and white flags flying from lamp posts along the Ormeau Road for the Bredagh hurlers in the Ulster final.

Makes a nice change!

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 26, 2012, 08:14:12 AM
Maroon and white flags flying from lamp posts along the Ormeau Road for the Bredagh hurlers in the Ulster final.

Makes a nice change!

Who'd have thought!

Up near Ballynafeigh?

southdown

I am going to buy a season ticket for the old man for Christmas.  I am not home to go to all the games with him.  If he enters the main stand at Newry does he have to sit in a designated ST area, or can he go and sit with whoever he wants in the stand?  Say for example, if my dad goes through the ST entrance, can he then go and sit with my brother who would also be in the stand but just paid in as normal?  Sorry if this is an obvious question or been discussed before.

NP 76

Southdown your father can sit wherever he wants except when tickets are issued from Croke Park .It would be no problem all through the league except in a semi final or a final where tickets will be issued to your e mail . The championship tickets are nearly always print at home tickets so he would probaly be on his own but in a section for season ticket holders. I have them from they first came out and find them a great job

goldenyears

Who won last night between bridge and Kilcoo!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: goldenyears on October 27, 2012, 02:13:24 PM
Who won last night between bridge and Kilcoo!
Game being played at 4 today in hilltown.

goldenyears

Pragmatist

I am now convinced that the naysayers have been right all along. For years I tried to promote the idea that we can improve players' decision-making on and off the ball, their movement off the ball, their positional sense, their timing of runs and their abilities to adapt to different game plans and attacking options. The truth is that for 90% of players we cannot!!
They bring with them their own inbuilt cerebral limitations for these skills and we can labour for as long as we want and convince ourselves we see glimmers of hope, but the fact is that they will revert to type more often than not.
Just get them as fit as possible, as well-conditioned as possible and as technically proficient as possible and forget the rest.

bridge fan

Final score Diwn ACFL div 1 semi final result Mayobridge 1.14 Kilcoo 0.03

downjim

What teams were playing today? When is the final