Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

Despite the claims that he was still in Australia, the Down website's Twitter says that Caolan Mooney came on at half time for Rostrevor. They lost to Bryanford, 1-10 to 0-8, as expected, althought Castlewellan are six up on Kilcoo with half time approaching.

the derg

Delighted for Aghaderg to be back in the jfc final they really deserved to beat Drumaness and were never behind the whole match obviously Dundrum will be favourites but for a club that has been decimated by transfers in the recent past this has brought a real buzz into the parish today everyone played their part in a gutsy performance with the half back line and midfield outstanding well done lads and management
now lets win .....................

centre 3/4s

noway

folks this is my 1st message so go easy on me plz. at the drumaness v aghaderg i witness an assualted by a drumaness player on a referee from longstone . total disgrace . hope the county board throws the book at him .

BRIDGE LAD

Quote from: noway on September 29, 2012, 11:48:50 PM
folks this is my 1st message so go easy on me plz. at the drumaness v aghaderg i witness an assualted by a drumaness player on a referee from longstone . total disgrace . hope the county board throws the book at him .

Who was the ref?

noway

Mid Down Gael

That wasn't good for the heart last night In Newry. Castlewellan played great football in the first half where it took us a long time to settle, the sending off after 5 mins having a negative impact on our players. After the interval the real Kilcoo came out and stood up. They played some outstanding football and as Liam Hardy said afterwards Kilcoo lads have something inside that his own players haven't  got. That never say die attitude and commitment cannot be coached and as a Kilcoo man that was a very pleasing aspect.
Darragh ohanlon and Paul Devlin where our outstanding players, Laverty, the brannigans, Sean ohanlon and the Johnstons also played major roles in the second half.

charlieTully

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 30, 2012, 10:08:29 AM
That wasn't good for the heart last night In Newry. Castlewellan played great football in the first half where it took us a long time to settle, the sending off after 5 mins having a negative impact on our players. After the interval the real Kilcoo came out and stood up. They played some outstanding football and as Liam Hardy said afterwards Kilcoo lads have something inside that his own players haven't  got. That never say die attitude and commitment cannot be coached and as a Kilcoo man that was a very pleasing aspect.
Darragh ohanlon and Paul Devlin where our outstanding players, Laverty, the brannigans, Sean ohanlon and the Johnstons also played major roles in the second half.

I cant fathom how Darragh Ohanlon lasted the game without getting a red card, he was involved in off the ball incidents throughout and was responsible for that melee in the second half, going down clutching his head when it was him that was the aggressor, the ref just seemed to be looking any chance to even it up, how he picked out one player to be sent off out of that melee when kilcoo mentors and all joining in. bit of a farce.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: charlieTully on September 30, 2012, 11:48:26 AM
I cant fathom how Darragh Ohanlon lasted the game without getting a red card, he was involved in off the ball incidents throughout and was responsible for that melee in the second half, going down clutching his head when it was him that was the aggressor, the ref just seemed to be looking any chance to even it up, how he picked out one player to be sent off out of that melee when kilcoo mentors and all joining in. bit of a farce.

Now, now, behave.

The town right half forward tried three or four times to get a reaction. He'd wrapped Darrah up around the neck a couple of times prior to the 'big one' - the linesman just ignored it all (he ignored plenty more apart from that too).

The melee happened because Finty McGreevy flattened Paddy Murray with a shoulder to the chest as he was coming on to see if Darragh was all right. He should have definitely walked for that.
i usse an speelchekor

Mid Down Gael

Darragh ohanlon never lifted a hand and was head butted, Flanagan rightly received his marching orders. The lad is a class young player and his attitude, application and commitment are second to none. The lad has never got a red card in his life and has never been known as a dirty player. How Barry travers stayed on the field after kicking Lavo on the head is beyond me.
I thought con Reynolds refereed the game well but the less said about that p***k rice on the line the better. It's all about him even when not refereeing.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 30, 2012, 12:37:55 PM
I thought con Reynolds refereed the game well

Ah, I thought he was a bit quick to whistle rather than let things run for a second or 2 and see if play can continue without disadvantage.

But, I suppose it was a good entertaining game so I can't complain too much.
i usse an speelchekor

bcarrier

What is with all this Burren hate ? Id be very surprised if DJ is from burren.

Well done to the stone btw.

RadioGAAGAA

i usse an speelchekor

goldenyears

MDG, I think you have blinkers on. I am not saying any more on this forum but Darragh is no angel

sean og

Why not take in neutral refs for the championship ie Antrim/ Armagh and vice-versa