Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

here comes 6

Quote from: downjim on September 21, 2012, 01:29:43 AM
Frank has unfinished business . We will knock cross of their perch. And you can fecking print that lol

Just thought i should flag this up Downjim

thegael

Well I'm back , for years I haven't seen a victory like this for us.
Traditional values versus money values over the top paid managers , mental gurus etc.. !
It was a game between a small rural club versus the club that began paying crazy money to managers in this county .
One club managed by a guy who represents all that is good about gaels and the other by a club with a history of Antrim men all paid very well , motivated by money with very close associations with soccer .One club representing all the values that  the GAA is about versus another that apparently  takes in Warrenpoint,Rostrevor ,Tullylish as part of its parish .
The modern club versus the club.The club that pays managers, mental gurus all on a gravy train versus the club perched in the mountains.
What a night !

the gael takes no prisoners !!

here comes 6

Quote from: thegael on September 29, 2012, 12:55:01 AM
Traditional values versus money values over the top paid managers , mental gurus etc.. !
It was a game between a small rural club versus the club that began paying crazy money to managers in this county .
One club managed by a guy who represents all that is good about gaels and the other by a club with a history of Antrim men all paid very well , motivated by money with very close associations with soccer .One club representing all the values that  the GAA is about versus another that apparently  takes in Warrenpoint,Rostrevor ,Tullylish as part of its parish .
The modern club versus the club.The club that pays managers, mental gurus all on a gravy train versus the club perched in the mountains.
What a night !

Cant just click on the 'like' icon on this site but heres a major  LIKE to that comment

forevergreen

Quote from: thegael on September 29, 2012, 12:55:01 AM
What a night !

Well The Gael, Firstly congratulations to the Stone for a deserved victory, 7 points down at half time no one could have seen it.
Ambrose and polly stood up and lead like real couunty players, with young Steven Doran and Michael Ireland following suit.

However with regard to your sensationalist comments on Burren paying managers and how Longstone seem to be squeaky clean in that regard, let me remind you  Frank Dawson had a well paid stint in your "wee rural club" followed by the well paid Jody Gormley and now you would have us all believe that Gregory is doing community service in the mournes.

Wise up, enjoy a well deserved win and remember you are now up on the pedestal, but before you get up there, take the championship with you, as last night proved you never know when you can come falling from the same pedestal you put yourself up on.

southdown

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/19758921

Who on earth covers GAA at the BBC, ridiculous, good win for Burren  :-\

Mooney to start for Rostrevor, any truth?

downjim

Do the stone not pay managers. Yes we were bad but less of the slagging about our club. In total shock here but hope the stone can win it. anyone but them arseholes over the road. They are hard to listen

superblues

yous should off eat more pavlova at half time jim ::)

EagleLord

Clownjim would ye ever take yourself away off somewhere. 'Less of the slagging of our club' you mention Kilcoo and the Bridge in almost every post. Kilcoo's wee hard men, bridge's old finished noisy neighbours etc. Your an absolute tit. Anyway..

What a fantastic match it was. Seriously one of the most entertaining matches of football i have seen in years. Maybe the best I've ever attended on the club scene. Ambrose's point was a beaut. Poly was organising the whole 'keep-ball' in injury time, i was getting a bit nervous for them, one misplaced hand pass there could have ended in disaster. The quality and intensity of the game was immense, ten times the value of the match that preceded it.

On the 'OG', should that have counted? Because its illegal for an attacking player hand-pass to the net, but ok for a defender to do it? Am I right in thinking a similar if not identical goal was scored a couple years ago in the championship? Heads wrecked here...

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: EagleLord on September 29, 2012, 10:38:14 AM
Clownjim would ye ever take yourself away off somewhere. 'Less of the slagging of our club' you mention Kilcoo and the Bridge in almost every post. Kilcoo's wee hard men, bridge's old finished noisy neighbours etc. Your an absolute tit. Anyway..

What a fantastic match it was. Seriously one of the most entertaining matches of football i have seen in years. Maybe the best I've ever attended on the club scene. Ambrose's point was a beaut. Poly was organising the whole 'keep-ball' in injury time, i was getting a bit nervous for them, one misplaced hand pass there could have ended in disaster. The quality and intensity of the game was immense, ten times the value of the match that preceded it.

On the 'OG', should that have counted? Because its illegal for an attacking player hand-pass to the net, but ok for a defender to do it? Am I right in thinking a similar if not identical goal was scored a couple years ago in the championship? Heads wrecked here...
According to the rule book the goal was legitimate.Official answer.. Rule 3.4 defending player plays the ball through his own scoring space in any manner shall count as a score.
Fantastic game last night, Burren looked very flat in the second half but credit must go to the stone who where outstanding. Michael Ireland has given Dan McCartan some roastings this past two years and it was no different last night. Class young player. Ambrose, Poland, smyth and Kelly also stood out in second half while cormac Poland defended brilliantly.
The first game was poor, saval never got going until last 15 when they played direct football. How on earth could pj Magee not see fit to start fergal mcconnville.
The bridge didn't set the world alight and where lucky Kearney didn't score a late goal which would of tied things up. They have become very defensive since the arrival of poucher, and its not a style of football that suits them. They are in the hat for the quarter finals though and with Magee in great scoring form they will fancy their chances now that burren are gone.
Role on tonight.

bridge fan

Ha Ha Clownjim are you still here lol was it that yous were thinking off cross or was it that yous arnt as good as what yous think you are i think the latter great result for the stone

theticklemister

had me friend on the phone there raving about the Longstone match. Checked the score at ht and thought that was it; but looks like some second half. He said it was the best game he ever was at.

Destinationnewry will have the match back up on Tuesday; looking forward to seeing it.

DaisyCutter

Well Done to the Longstone Men last night. Although Burren have been deserving champions, by god they like to Rub it into the other clubs around the County about their success. So I'm happy that the Stone finally got their revenge and with Dawson at the helm.

At least one thing has come out of this defeat... Div 1 leaague finals should be finished up before Xmas day, unlike last years complete farse with the Bridge and Kilcoo having to wait on Burren for 6 and 7 weeks as they prepared to become the kingpins of Ulster.

downjim

With the crap we have to put up with I have no doubt we will be back stronger. Everyone is against us and that includes ref s and the county board. The stone and bridge fans last night were a disgr

Dubh driocht

I don't think everyone is against Burren Downjim but most people outside of Burren will be delighted with the Stone win. I saw them destroy the Kingdom and Ryan Kelly got as good a goal as you will ever see . On the basis of that performance I told a Burren stalwart that the Stone were a serious outfit this year - he said they had missed their chance and he was pretty confident about a good run for Burren in Ulster ! While the gael may not be everyone's cup o tae, he does sum up what a lot of us feel , allbeit in a negative way. When you think that they are one third of one of the smallest parishes in Down it is a remarkable achievement so hats off to Gregory but I think Hugh Trainor deserves a lot of credit as he can read football like a book. The Stone seem to have avoided the mass emigration of a lot of other teams and these lads will help each other out in the tightest of corners. Kilcoo, subject to tonight's game, will be the most pleased but Frank O'Hare could be for the Mournes.

DownFanatic

Down JFC Semi Finals
Aghaderg 2-09  Drumaness 0-11
Dundrum 4-09  Aughlisnafin 1-06