Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

If we lose by just one point we could still go down if other results go against us, as we could end up in a head to head on 6 points.

Btw, Mayo beating Dublin was not such a shock

snoopdog

its been a strange old div 1 campaign for all teams.  But in my opinion if we cant beat Laois regardless of where it is played then we dont deserve to be in the top flight. in my opinion they are a very poor team. Down just need to go out and play football and they should win. Id be very disappointed if i travel to Portlaois on Easter sunday and we cant take all 2 points,it would be a major backward step in my view.
Down being Down though are capable of anything can reach an All Ireland final one year after getting beat by wicklow the year before and a goal line clearance from defeat in Ennis the next. The sublime with the ridiculous.

Square Ball

Drumaness v Glassdrumman -

Ballymartin v Attical

St John Bosco v Darragh Cross
Ardglass v Saul

Glenn v St. Johns

Tullylish v Drumgath       
ACFL Div 4

St Michael's V Bredagh, being played on Thursday

Mitchels V St Paul's

Dromara V Ballykinlar

Aughlisnafin V Bright
Aghaderg- V Teconnaught
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

dundrumite

Saul put about 12 points on ardglass in an impressive display in ardtole

lucan

:)well Newbie you are the only pundit to nearly get it right with your forecast of a draw between tullylish and drumgath,A great game but the drums shaded it by 2 points T  0-10  d  0-12

DownFanatic

O'Neills ACFL Div 3

01.04.12 (Sun)

Round 2

Ardglass 0-8 V 3-11 Saul

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Ardglass GAC

Referee: Damien Laverty

Round 2

St John Bosco 2-9 V 0-12 Darragh Cross

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: St John Bosco

Referee: Declan Ryan

Round 2

Glenn 2-8 V 1-17 St John's

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Glenn

Referee: Dominic Kearns

Round 2

Ballymartin 2-9 V 0-14 Atticall

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Longstone

Referee: Shane Lowey

Round 2

Tullylish 0-10 V 0-12 Drumgath

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Tullylish

Referee: Peter Brannigan

Round 2

Drumaness 0-5 V 4-12 Glasdrumman

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Drumaness

Referee: Ciaran Branagan

O'Neills ACFL Div 4

01.04.12 (Sun)

Round 2

Mitchels 4-13 V 2-8 St Paul's

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Mitchels

Referee: Gavin Finnegan

Round 2

Dromara 3-12 V 0-7 Ballykinlar

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Dromara

Referee: Eddie Morgan

Round 2

Aghaderg 0-7 V 3-11 Teconnaught

Time: 3 00 PM , Venue: Aghaderg

Referee: TBC

No referee turned up for the Aughlisnafin v Bright game.

St Michaels v Bredagh to be played this week.

Dundrum had a bye.

here comes 6

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 30, 2012, 02:06:37 PM
Division 3 is a complete minefield this year. Anybody can beat anybody and its doubtful that there will be one dominant team. Top end teams will be playing for the right to be crowned Division 3 champs while teams at the bottom will be scrambling to avoid relegation to the new Division 3 next year.

Still can't fathom why the majority of our clubs have voted for the new League structures. The more I look at them, the more unappealing they have become. We spent the past few years refining our League product and now we are undoing all that good work. These new arrangments could turn out to be an unmitigated disaster and ive a feeling that we will be going back to the drawing board sooner rather than later.

Think you got that right

The Real Gael

Quote from: PAULD123 on March 31, 2012, 11:06:02 PM
The shock victory for Mayo over Dublin (12 points) means very simply that we must avoid defeat next week to Laois by 2 points or more to avoid relegation.

If we lose by more than two points we will be relegated if Armagh wins or loses (bar an absoloute massacre for Dublin or Mayo by more than 25 points)

If Armagh draw then we are safe so long as we don't lose by by eleven.

If we win then we are guaranteed to be in a semi-final.

It really is a time for the lads to show some character.

You have too much time on your hands  :P

umpire

Bookies will favour 4 home wins!!  Then Down and Armagh go down!!!
Tough game for Down.

PAULD123

Quote from: The Real Gael on April 02, 2012, 01:21:17 PM
....If we lose by more than two points we will be relegated.....

Clearly not because I got it wrong:

If Armagh draw then we are more or less safe as we only have to avoid a 10 point defeat.

If Armagh don't draw and if Donegal wins, or Dublin lose, or Mayo lose then we must avoid a 3 point defeat.

If Armagh beat Donegal, & Dublin win or draw (Cork), & Mayo win or draw (Kerry) then any defeat will send us into division two.

Of course a win sends us into the semi-finals  ;)

No doubt about it a win is almost certainly needed

Mid Down Gael

I see in today's fixtures in Irish news Down have a full round of fixtures in premier reserve league pencilled in for Sunday. The only county in ulster with fixtures on Easter Sunday. Surely this round could have been played mid week allowing Easter Sunday to be free for players, managers and officials involved in these games. Down playing in a very important game in Laois also, no chance for guys involved to support the team either. Surely they could have been fixed for an alternative date.

supersub

I know rostrevor v bryansford is on Saturday evening, not sure if it is just this game or the whole list.

SHEEDY

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 03, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Quote from: The Real Gael on April 02, 2012, 01:21:17 PM
....If we lose by more than two points we will be relegated.....

Clearly not because I got it wrong:

If Armagh draw then we are more or less safe as we only have to avoid a 10 point defeat.

If Armagh don't draw and if Donegal wins, or Dublin lose, or Mayo lose then we must avoid a 3 point defeat.

If Armagh beat Donegal, & Dublin win or draw (Cork), & Mayo win or draw (Kerry) then any defeat will send us into division two.

Of course a win sends us into the semi-finals  ;)

No doubt about it a win is almost certainly needed

down need to win simple as that. everything else that might happen should be at the back of their minds. after the victory over the dubs defeats to armagh and laois would be a step backwards.
nil satis nisi optimum

Student Dissertation

Hi, I'm a final year student in the University of Ulster compiling my dissertation on Sports Nutrition. I'm doing a survey on the GAA.

If you could please just take two minutes to fill out the survey,it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC5MD9F

Thanking you in advance of your co-operation.

PAULD123

Quote from: Student Dissertation on April 04, 2012, 09:45:29 AM
Hi, I'm a final year student in the University of Ulster compiling my dissertation on Sports Nutrition. I'm doing a survey on the GAA.

If you could please just take two minutes to fill out the survey,it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC5MD9F

Thanking you in advance of your co-operation.

I've completed your survey. I encourage others on here to do it to. It is quite short and only takes a few minutes. For other people on here - for a few minutes you can help this lad with his degree.