Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Ed Hardy

any word on timmy hanna or darren o hagen? are they injured or not on the panel?

supersub

O'Hagan played against us for hilltown a few weeks ago. Must just not be on the panel. So many comings and goings in te county panel it's hard to keep track of who is there. Did anyone know O'Reilly was onboard?

On another note is the national league semi final on the same weekend as Div 1&2 in down start? Will the Friday (13th) games be postponed if down get to semi final?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: supersub on March 28, 2012, 09:31:03 PM
O'Hagan played against us for hilltown a few weeks ago. Must just not be on the panel. So many comings and goings in te county panel it's hard to keep track of who is there. Did anyone know O'Reilly was onboard?

On another note is the national league semi final on the same weekend as Div 1&2 in down start? Will the Friday (13th) games be postponed if down get to semi final?
OHagan decided to leave the squad as far as I know. Ben orielly got called up in the week leading to the dublin game, really don't understand the managements thinking, we have enough small forwards plus I don't no where they seen him show form to earn a call up.

whitegoodman

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 28, 2012, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: supersub on March 28, 2012, 09:31:03 PM

OHagan decided to leave the squad as far as I know. Ben orielly got called up in the week leading to the dublin game, really don't understand the managements thinking, we have enough small forwards plus I don't no where they seen him show form to earn a call up.

+1

ziggysego

My friend wanted me to come onto the interwebby thing, as she called it, to ask all Down people a wee question. Is Danny Hughes single? She's mad about him and any wee glimmer of hope would delight her.

Thanks
Testing Accessibility

here comes 6

any one think they can make predictions for div3 and 4 this weekend just for the craic

dundrumite

St Michael's V Bredagh

Mitchels V St Paul's

Dromara V Ballykinlar

Aughlisnafin V Bright

Aghaderg- V Teconnaught

Can't find the proper set of div 3 fixtures to make a go at

here comes 6

Sunday 1st April ACFL 3

Drumaness v Glassdrumman

Ballymartin v Attical

St John Bosco v Darragh Cross

Ardglass v vSaul

Glenn v St. Johns

Tullylish v Drumgath

And dundrumite has already posted div 4 fixtures

general

Sunday 1st April ACFL 3

Drumaness v Glassdrumman - Cricket Score

Ballymartin v Attical

Ardglass v Saul

Glenn v St. Johns

Tullylish v Drumgath       DRAW

ACFL Div 4

St Michael's V Bredagh

Mitchels V St Paul's

Dromara V Ballykinlar

Aughlisnafin V Bright

Aghaderg- V Teconnaught

dundrumite

Quote from: here comes 6 on March 30, 2012, 08:39:21 AM
Sunday 1st April ACFL 3

Drumaness v Glassdrumman

Ballymartin v Attical

Ardglass v vSaul

Glenn v St. Johns Persume two lads starred.

Tullylish v Drumgath

general

Quote from: dundrumite on March 30, 2012, 10:13:35 AM
Quote from: here comes 6 on March 30, 2012, 08:39:21 AM

Glenn v St. Johns Persume two lads starred.

Glenn are not holding their league campaign on 2 players...thats what a squad is for

dundrumite

It's only my opinoin that the loss of two inter county players will make a difference to this particular result. I may be right I may be wrong, however an opinion is an opinion. I Never said anything about Glenn basing whole league campaign on these two individuals.

DownFanatic

Division 3 is a complete minefield this year. Anybody can beat anybody and its doubtful that there will be one dominant team. Top end teams will be playing for the right to be crowned Division 3 champs while teams at the bottom will be scrambling to avoid relegation to the new Division 3 next year.

Still can't fathom why the majority of our clubs have voted for the new League structures. The more I look at them, the more unappealing they have become. We spent the past few years refining our League product and now we are undoing all that good work. These new arrangments could turn out to be an unmitigated disaster and ive a feeling that we will be going back to the drawing board sooner rather than later.

PAULD123

The shock victory for Mayo over Dublin (12 points) means very simply that we must avoid defeat next week to Laois by 2 points or more to avoid relegation.

If we lose by more than two points we will be relegated if Armagh wins or loses (bar an absoloute massacre for Dublin or Mayo by more than 25 points)

If Armagh draw then we are safe so long as we don't lose by by eleven.

If we win then we are guaranteed to be in a semi-final.

It really is a time for the lads to show some character.