Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Is throw in 7 or 7.30 on sat night?

johnneycool

Quote from: bridgegael on January 27, 2012, 07:05:58 AM
i know of two players that got straight red in senior club match, suspended for seniors but allowed to play for seconds.

The ref must have had a change of heart after the game(s) and changed the straight reds to two yellows.

NP 76

I dont think Murtagh was dropped . He was getting injections into his ankles and had to rest after this . As far as i know he hopes to get back into contention during the year if he feels good

whitegoodman

I was told he wasnt asked back on to the panel but maybe thats to let his injury clear up, hope so.

Gerrard McCartan was back playing for UUJ today so he is another much needed defensive option for saturday night.

Il go with

McVeigh
G McCartan
D McCartan
Brannigan
Quinn
Doyle
Hanna
Turley
Rodgers
Hughes
Carr
Gordon
Lavery
Coulter
Poland

Not 100% happy with half back line or full back line for that matter but not much ya can do at the minute.

NP 76

Think thats as good as we have on show in the above post but think Costello in the corner for Gerald and maybe Donal O Hare in the forward line thats if they all come through tomorrow nights game with no injuries

dundrumite

Quote from: NP 76 on January 31, 2012, 09:18:03 PM
Think thats as good as we have on show in the above post but think Costello in the corner for Gerald and maybe Donal O Hare in the forward line thats if they all come through tomorrow nights game with no injuries

Do you think Costello is a better option in the corner?

whitegoodman

Mourne Rover

Costello reportedly did well on Jamie Clarke in Sunday's friendly and is a serious contender for the Donegal game. The evidence is that Daniel will start at no 3 but he is essentially a corner back. While big Dan would be a safer option at full back, that would probalby mean taking a chance on young Gough at midfield.

Hughes,, Carr, Poland, Benny and Laverty are likely to be in the attack, and Ambrose if fit could join them. A win would be a big result for us, and by all accounts the squad will be well up for it. 

NP 76

Did very well the other night against Cross and has been doing it regular for Queens . Still like Gerald but just thought Costello would be a good option

DownFanatic

Costello must have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years. He never really stood out at club level from what I seen in the past.

PAULD123

I presume the team suggestions above are referring to Aiden Brannignan in defence. If that is so what do people make of some of the other players who were given an opportunity (and I thought did not too bad) in the McKenna cup:

Niall Brannigan
Damian Turley
Niall McParland

Would any of these players be in with a shout?

Also what is the story with Connor McGinn, is he injured?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on January 31, 2012, 11:38:23 PM
Costello must have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years. He never really stood out at club level from what I seen in the past.
Think some lads are gettin carried away with Costello. He was took off at half time against cross and was second to every ball directed to Jamie Clarke who was living of scraps due to the gale force wind cross played against in the first half. He is a long way off being an inter county defender IMO.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 01, 2012, 12:09:23 PM
Think some lads are gettin carried away with Costello. He was took off at half time against cross and was second to every ball directed to Jamie Clarke who was living of scraps due to the gale force wind cross played against in the first half. He is a long way off being an inter county defender IMO.

Would of thought that myself. He doesn't really stand out for Bredagh in club football.

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on February 01, 2012, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on February 01, 2012, 12:09:23 PM

Would of thought that myself. He doesn't really stand out for Bredagh in club football.

Guess who is going to have a stormer against Dundrum then this year.......Good work DF  :P

ardtole

Does anyone have any idea when the fixture list for the season ahead is released and when the leagues are due to start.