Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

what dates are the championship matches being played over??

dundrumite

Quote from: andunabu on August 18, 2011, 01:12:38 AM
Quote from: dundrumite on August 17, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 17, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
Quote from: razor on August 17, 2011, 10:17:27 PM
Morgan Milk SFC Quarter Final Draw:
Ballyholland v Rostrevor
Loughinisland v Clonduff
Mayobridge v Burren
Bryansford v Kilcoo

Around a Pound IFC quarter final draw
St John's v Kilclief
Annaclone vs Clan na Banna
Ballymartin vs Bosco
Dundrum v Attical

What a draw. Bridge v Burren and Kilcoo v Ford will be two crackers. Personally delighted with our draw.

Can't wait for them two games.
In intermediate, one of the lower division 3 teams are going to be in a semi final. With two of favourites meeting. Beauty of championship
Who would that be dundrumite?

Ourselves and Attical struggling at the wrong end of 3 with the Clone and Clan na banna the two stronger teams

snoopdog

Quote from: johnneycool on August 18, 2011, 01:08:40 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2011, 11:35:01 AM

Can only be good for Down Hurling taking the title out of the Ards.

Why?

If it spurs on the likes of Liatroim, Newry, Warernpoint, Kilclief and maybe centres of population like Downpatrick and Newcastle with little or no hurling then I'd agree with you.

How can it not be good for a sport if someone apart from the big 3 wins a trophy.
i will have to take your word for it as i havent lived in Down for over 15 years. But When i played underage,  Downpatrick Newry Shamrocks and Warrenpoint all had an underage set up.

whitegoodman

Matches are the wkend of 9th September.

Burren made hard work of their win last night and will need to improve quite a lot if they are to beat their neighbours.  Will be interesting to see how the young lads inside do against an experienced bridge defence.  Burren have a few players back but the bridge will be certainly up for it after last year and that extra bit of motivation may be enough to get them over the line.

If Castlewellan had of had one Burrens inside forwards they probably would have beat the yella's.  They have got another favourable draw and should progress to the semi finals.

Of the other draws id say Kilcoo will be licking their lips at the chance of getting revenge for last years semi final defeat.  Should be a great game and fancy the magpies to shade it.

The last game will also be an interesting one and should be tight and fiesty given there is previous between the 2 teams.  If Ballyholland play murtagh inside for the 60mins I think they will sneak it.

The pick of the intermediate draw was Annaclone v Banbridge.  Should be a good local derby with plenty of hard hits and Annaclone should just about come out of it with win.

johnneycool

Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2011, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 18, 2011, 01:08:40 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 18, 2011, 11:35:01 AM

Can only be good for Down Hurling taking the title out of the Ards.

Why?

If it spurs on the likes of Liatroim, Newry, Warernpoint, Kilclief and maybe centres of population like Downpatrick and Newcastle with little or no hurling then I'd agree with you.

How can it not be good for a sport if someone apart from the big 3 wins a trophy.
i will have to take your word for it as i havent lived in Down for over 15 years. But When i played underage,  Downpatrick Newry Shamrocks and Warrenpoint all had an underage set up.

There is juvenile hurling in Warrenpoint and Newry, but there's none in Downpatrick or Newcastle.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on August 19, 2011, 04:59:15 PM
Sounds like johnneycool is a bit pished aff that a team from outside the Ards won a hurling competition in Down.

Not in the slightest.

I want the best team in Down to win irrespective of geographical location.

The 'them and us' mentality seems every bit alive and well outside the Ards as it is in it and usually by short sighted morons either side of Strangford Lough.

Carryduff and Bredagh are competing and beating the Ards clubs by raising their standards and that can only be commended.

downjim

I am just after hearing the magpies were hammered by the Ford.. Maybe the championship isn't a foregone conclusion as everyone in Down is thinking.. I am really looking forward to our meeting with the noisy neighbours. our inside forward is lethal and Shay and Donal(aka the terrible twins) ware going to torture the Bridge defence.  With a few boys back from America  we certainly have the strongest squad in the county and the county knows that and are scared :) come on the lily whites

umpire

Div one league
An Riocht 0.15 Saval 3.10
Kilcoo 1.3 Bryansford 3.8

EagleLord

Clownjim, why are you saying come on ballymartin? Only lilywhites I could think your talking about, unless you meant Kildare? ???

Square Ball

Quote from: umpire on August 19, 2011, 08:57:59 PM
Div one league
An Riocht 0.15 Saval 3.10
Kilcoo 1.3 Bryansford 3.8

bit of a surprise possibly, MDG did yous have a full team out?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

whitegoodman

Would be very surprised if that wasnt a reserve team that Kilcoo put out last night. In fact Id be surprised if either team showed anywhere near their full deck. 

Still it must be a long time since a Kilcoo senior team scored 1 3 in a league match.

Square Ball

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 20, 2011, 02:34:44 PM
Would be very surprised if that wasnt a reserve team that Kilcoo put out last night. In fact Id be surprised if either team showed anywhere near their full deck. 

Still it must be a long time since a Kilcoo senior team scored 1 3 in a league match.
was thinking that myself but I wanted to be sure especially given there are well in front in the league.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

andunabu

Quote from: downjim on August 19, 2011, 08:47:01 PM
I am just after hearing the magpies were hammered by the Ford.. Maybe the championship isn't a foregone conclusion as everyone in Down is thinking.. I am really looking forward to our meeting with the noisy neighbours. our inside forward is lethal and Shay and Donal(aka the terrible twins) ware going to torture the Bridge defence.  With a few boys back from America  we certainly have the strongest squad in the county and the county knows that and are scared :) come on the lily whites
Where in Newry are you from Downjim???

umpire

Central Council has avoided the temptation to meddle with the format of the Allianz FL and left the current four divisions of eight teams in place.

A proposal was in place to change the current setup of the top two divisions, replacing Divisions 1 and 2 with two groups randomly made up of the top 16 teams.

This drew much criticism, especially from managers who felt there was a distinct difference in standard between the top two tiers.

It was decided yesterday to keep the current format with semi-finals now introduced in Division 1 only.