50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

macdanger2

Quote from: Tubberman on September 23, 2014, 09:16:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 23, 2014, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 23, 2014, 08:45:12 PM
No wonder some of us were dreading Horan leaving.

This madness can t continue. Paddy must resign and the new executive must start the process all over again. This is possible because, fortunately, the new management has not been put in place. If Holmes and Connelly have any sense they will stand aside until this matter is resolved. If Paddy goes ahead and gets the board appoint H&C under these circumstances they will have no credibility within the county or anywhere else.

The deal is done and the race is run. Sure Donie Buck and Barry Solan have already committed to the dual-headed managers.

Don't forsee been enough of a heave to not ratify the management.

Would you kindly f**k off out of this thread and find a sheep to worry for an hour or two.

Tbf to Syf, he's probably bang on there.

If this is true, it looks like a complete stitch up and bad news for Mayo football. It's up to the remaining members of the selection committee to stand up and be counted on this and tell the full story

If the story is true, I'm not sure there's any good way out of this other than Connelly and Holmes offering to stand aside in favour of a new process run by a new CB chairman / committee. And even then, there'll be division on it

Farrandeelin

If Connelly and Holmes do step down...who would put their name forward.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

The only way I could see it working out would be as part of an entirely new process under a new selection committee. With connelly and Holmes being interviewed as one of the candidates - they don't seem to have done anything wrong in all of this so they shouldn't be excluded.

Can't see it happening though

larryin89

Connelly and Holmes will be the new joint managers, sin e.

You'd have to worry about how this is all going to unsettle the panel and 2015  on the field could be as shambolic as the cb itself.

What odds are Galway to win Connacht?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

stephenite

Is anyone able to confirm the family connection between Noel Connelly and the County Board?

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 23, 2014, 11:39:02 PM
The only way I could see it working out would be as part of an entirely new process under a new selection committee. With connelly and Holmes being interviewed as one of the candidates - they don't seem to have done anything wrong in all of this so they shouldn't be excluded.

Can't see it happening though

Dunno. I suspect that Holmes and Connelly were 'groomed' for this. They are in it up to their necks afaic.

McStay will have nothing to do with it now anyway I d suspect.

So if there s any way out of this mess it will have to be something else. Maybe a James Nallen that would have the respect of everybody or an outsider that would not have any of this local stink about them. Time to give that lad in Crossmaglen a call or Jack O Connor. Put this nonsense behind us.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 23, 2014, 11:46:17 PM
Connelly and Holmes will be the new joint managers, sin e.

You'd have to worry about how this is all going to unsettle the panel and 2015  on the field could be as shambolic as the cb itself.

What odds are Galway to win Connacht?

If you think they are good value, take it!

Get this wrong and we ll get the Johnno years all over again. Oh wait, the first Pateen years all over again as well.

larryin89

Would it not be pointless to start the whole process (non process) again as its hard to imagine M cStay throwing his hat in the ring again .

I must say McStay gets on my wick sometimes on tsg but i genuinely feel sorry for him over this, he seems such a decent guy and anything  as underhand as this to go against him , is just so wrong , his personality is so prim and proper and this act is the polar opposite.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 24, 2014, 12:03:58 AM
Would it not be pointless to start the whole process (non process) again as its hard to imagine M cStay throwing his hat in the ring again .

I must say McStay gets on my wick sometimes on tsg but i genuinely feel sorry for him over this, he seems such a decent guy and anything  as underhand as this to go against him , is just so wrong , his personality is so prim and proper and this act is the polar opposite.
No point feeling sorry for McStay. He s able to figure this out for himself and I d expect he knew exactly what was coming when he went for it. If anything he has done us all a favour by showing up the dirty underbelly of Mayo football.

As regards pointless starting the process all over again - it is essential that the process starts all over again!

The chairman has to go. There is no management team there now. The new executive has to begin again.

Buckley agreeing to stay on nothing to do with it. Himself and Barry Solan can still be retained by next management but this mess must be put to bed.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on September 24, 2014, 12:16:54 AM

No point feeling sorry for McStay. He s able to figure this out for himself and I d expect he knew exactly what was coming when he went for it. If anything he has done us all a favour by showing up the dirty underbelly of Mayo football.

As regards pointless starting the process all over again - it is essential that the process starts all over again!

The chairman has to go. There is no management team there now. The new executive has to begin again.

Buckley agreeing to stay on nothing to do with it. Himself and Barry Solan can still be retained by next management but this mess must be put to bed.

Buckley and Solan would have been made promises already, Buckley has obviously turned down Dara and 21s in Kerry for this . If the process was to begin again , who is to say the successful applicant  would agree to them lads or are you saying it would have to be a condition of the job?

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on September 24, 2014, 12:23:07 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 24, 2014, 12:16:54 AM

Buckley and Solan would have been made promises already, Buckley has obviously turned down Dara and 21s in Kerry for this . If the process was to begin again , who is to say the successful applicant  would agree to them lads or are you saying it would have to be a condition of the job?

I highly doubt he committed to the Kerry U21s and de-committed again two weeks later. He'll be double-jobbing.

maigheo

Quote from: stephenite on September 23, 2014, 11:52:53 PM
Is anyone able to confirm the family connection between Noel Connelly and the County Board?
Mike Connelly who is the vice chairman and Noel are brothers but to be fair he is in no way linked to this mess.For some reason he spells his name Connolly on the Mayo GAA website ,thus creating the confusion.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on September 24, 2014, 12:50:46 AM
Mike Connelly who is the vice chairman and Noel are brothers but to be fair he is in no way linked to this mess.For some reason he spells his name Connolly on the Mayo GAA website ,thus creating the confusion.

Imagine if he ended up the chairman because the battle-axe had to step down. A bad scene however this one falls.

moysider

Mike (however he spells his name) is up to his neck in this nightmare now anyway.

This little cartel is busted.

stephenite

How is he 'in no way linked'?

I find that very difficult to believe....