Donegal v Dublin AISF 31st Aug 2014

Started by StephenC, August 11, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: J70 on August 18, 2014, 01:59:13 PM
More mind games from McGuinness - apparently Lacey is recovering and will be back in training this week and he will likely have a full squad available!   

I wonder who he is playing mind games with, as I'm sure Dublin will pay little remarks to who is or isn't playing, what is said in the press or what will be thrown at them.

Dublin always seem to me to be in a position where they have 100% faith and confidence in themselves and their own ability and will stick to that. Do they even line out any different from their designated positions?

AZOffaly

I think that's sarcasm Bingo. But you can never be sure with these mind gamers from the hills of Donegal. Feckers.

Jinxy

Anyone accusing other people of playing mind games is just playing mind games.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bingo

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2014, 03:39:50 PM
I think that's sarcasm Bingo. But you can never be sure with these mind gamers from the hills of Donegal. Feckers.

Hard to spot it round here these days  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on August 18, 2014, 03:44:49 PM
Anyone accusing other people of playing mind games is just playing mind games.
And probably a hater as well.

J OGorman

guys, not wanting to go over old ground etc, just out of interest, how many of the Dublin squad are in full time employment? (not inc coaching roles many seem to have) i.e..how many out of the 30 odd get up in the morning and head out and do a 9-5?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: J OGorman on August 19, 2014, 03:58:30 PM
guys, not wanting to go over old ground etc, just out of interest, how many of the Dublin squad are in full time employment? (not inc coaching roles many seem to have) i.e..how many out of the 30 odd get up in the morning and head out and do a 9-5?

http://www.dublingaa.ie/teams/senior-football ...................................player profiles etc, would you believe some work, are married and have children, and a couple run their own businesses  :o

Is Conor Mort still doing a thesis in DCU btw ?

J OGorman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 19, 2014, 04:42:23 PM

http://www.dublingaa.ie/teams/senior-football ...................................player profiles etc, would you believe some work, are married and have children, and a couple run their own businesses  :o

cheers

yip, same class as Jim :-)

muppet

Diarmuid Connolly
PLAYER PROFILE
DIARMUID CONNOLLY
POSITION
Forward
CLUB
St. Vincents
2 ALL IRELAND SFC 7 LEINSTER SFC 2 NFL 1 LEINSTER U21 HC 2 ALL IRELAND CLUB SFC 2 LEINSTER CLUB SFC 2 DUBLIN SFC
PRIMARY SCHOOL
Scoile Mhuire Marino
OCCUPATION
Account Manager
CHILDHOOD SPORTING HERO
Butterbean

MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: J OGorman on August 19, 2014, 04:45:14 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 19, 2014, 04:42:23 PM

cheers

yip, same class as Jim :-)

In fairness when the money is there, it would be silly for Inter county players to be involved in full time work. Especially from April to September.

yellowcard

From what I gather very few of the Dublin team have 9-5 jobs and I'd say it would be impossible for them to combine this with the demands of an inter county career. I'd say it's not much different though to a lot of the other top counties. Most GAA county footballers are students, teachers, sales reps or have jobs with some sort of flexi hours. I'd bet very few of them work 40 hour weeks and most of them structure their jobs around their football. The biggest difference in Dublin is that the potential for rewards are much greater. I think most of them are driving sponsored cars for a start. If the perks are being given to them, then they are perfectly entitled to avail of them.

From the Bunker

As i said it would be silly for the Dublin players to be holding down full time demanding Jobs. The world is their oyster and they are enjoying the perks of being as close to a professional athlete as an amateur can be without the financial worries of an amateur. It is a great time to be a Dublin footballer and the way things are going things can only get better.

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2014, 10:07:07 PM
As i said it would be silly for the Dublin players to be holding down full time demanding Jobs. The world is their oyster and they are enjoying the perks of being as close to a professional athlete as an amateur can be without the financial worries of an amateur. It is a great time to be a Dublin footballer and the way things are going things can only get better.

You know then in 2012 19 members of the Donegal squad were professional athletes because they had no job.

Explain.

AZOffaly

A few of the Tipp lads at least drive sponsored skodas. Don't see the problem with that.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2014, 10:12:06 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2014, 10:07:07 PM

You know then in 2012 19 members of the Donegal squad were professional athletes because they had no job.

Explain.

How does not having a job make you a pro athlete, Indy? I was a pro athlete in college and I never knew it.