USPGA

Started by ONeill, August 06, 2014, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on August 12, 2014, 11:13:00 AM
If Rory McIroy is a bad sportsman then what is Bubba Watson? First refusing to take part in the charity long drive comp, then turning up and hitting 4 iron. Swearing on the course just because it was wet. Abusing his caddy. Refusing to let the media see what clubs he was carrying. Not participating in press conferences etc........

Used to like Bubba but seems the mask is slipping.

Hold on big fella, you're not allowed to give an opinion on Bubba because (presumably) you don't know him personally and haven't met him.  (According to MR2 anyway)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 12, 2014, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2014, 11:14:50 AM
Quote from: Rossie11 on August 12, 2014, 11:07:26 AM
Yes and in my view he is too much of a public sulk when things dont go his way.. Remember the Honda Classic??

Click on Google images and you'll be able to see many photos of any golfer looking annoyed/sulking. It's fecking sport, anybody devoid of showing emotion is a robot. If this is your only reason for disliking him then get a life
Where did I say I didnt like him ?? Said i'd prefer him to be less sulkier on the course. Jeez the fan club are ratty today.
See ye at the Masters 2015 thread..

I'm not even a golf fan, and if this was just about golf then I wouldn't be on this page. For Rory to get the stick he's getting based on how he views who he is, is ridiculous (Most won't say that's the reason, but they are kidding no one ;) ). Now you claim if he was less sulkier you'd be happier with him that's grand but it's not at all a bad thing to show emotion, both elation and despair. Look at the faces etched on the losers this weekend at Croke park, it won't be one of joy.

Quote from: Franko on August 12, 2014, 12:04:20 PM
If Rory McIroy is a bad sportsman then what is Bubba Watson? First refusing to take part in the charity long drive comp, then turning up and hitting 4 iron. Swearing on the course just because it was wet. Abusing his caddy. Refusing to let the media see what clubs he was carrying. Not participating in press conferences etc........

Hold on big fella, you're not allowed to give an opinion on Bubba because (presumably) you don't know him personally and haven't met him.  (According to MR2 anyway)

Another bullshitter  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

I get that some people don't like other poeple. We all have a bit of that in us.

But some of the reasons given here for disliking McIlroy are really pathetic.

It is probably better if you just say you don't like him.
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2014, 12:07:26 PM
Yes and in my view he is too much of a public sulk when things dont go his way.. Remember the Honda Classic??

Click on Google images and you'll be able to see many photos of any golfer looking annoyed/sulking. It's fecking sport, anybody devoid of showing emotion is a robot. If this is your only reason for disliking him then get a life
Where did I say I didnt like him ?? Said i'd prefer him to be less sulkier on the course. Jeez the fan club are ratty today.

I'm not even a golf fan, and if this was just about golf then I wouldn't be on this page. For Rory to get the stick he's getting based on how he views who he is, is ridiculous (Most won't say that's the reason, but they are kidding no one ;) ). Now you claim if he was less sulkier you'd be happier with him that's grand but it's not at all a bad thing to show emotion, both elation and despair. Look at the faces etched on the losers this weekend at Croke park, it won't be one of joy.

Nope, your words...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 12, 2014, 12:15:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2014, 12:07:26 PM

Nope, your words...

I'll let you troll your way through the pages and find that statement then If I did I'll explain it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Ach sure if you've the explanation ready just throw it on out there, save any hassle...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 12, 2014, 12:24:16 PM
Ach sure if you've the explanation ready just throw it on out there, save any hassle...

You brought it up, back it up  :P

Franko

Post 704 on the McIlroy thread should refresh your memory.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 12, 2014, 12:40:50 PM
Post 704 on the McIlroy thread should refresh your memory.

Quote from: Franko on May 23, 2014, 02:41:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2014, 02:07:34 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 23, 2014, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 05:56:22 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 04:21:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 04:18:03 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: Franko on May 22, 2014, 03:35:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 02:33:37 PM
Quote from: southdown on May 22, 2014, 01:40:31 PM
Just my opinion Milltown, which I have held for some time based on his interviews on TV, public strops and generally how he comes across, long before this incident.  Looks like I've touched a nerve!

You must watch him a lot then, strange for someone who doesn't like him to watch a lot of his interviews. I personally don't know him other than his golf exploits which are very good considering the talent out there. No hissy fit at all either. But a lot of people base their ideas of someone on loaded interviews and sound bites which may or may not be correct. Sure it's easy to believe in what you read in the papers.

Oh and, I've been saying this a long time means what? We have a tendency to knock our own aping the English in that regard

Which Irish sporting greats do you hold in high regard? I'm sure most will have something in their closet which wouldn't sit with some.

Surely the part in bold applies to those who have a good opinion of him too?  Or do you have to know him personally to be allowed to dislike him?

I assume that 'I've been saying this for a long time' is a reference to his decision on what team to represent/not represent at the olympics.  Some people seem to think that everyone who expresses a dislike for the guy does it solely on this issue.

Also, having a 'once in a lifetime talent' doesn't mean that you must like the lad... I give you Ronnie O'Sullivan/Phil Taylor/Floyd Mayweather/George Best/Tiger Woods... continue ad infinitum...

Is that how you base your opinion on people? What you read in the papers?

My response wasn't for you.  I wouldn't say you're a dcik based on your musing here, there are areas that we might not see eye to eye on but I doubt very much that if we met that I'd have a problem or dislike you. But if I held on to the points you solely made that I didn't agree with then I'd be a fool to think you are a complete tool ;)

So what do you base your opinion of him on?

He is an extremely talented young fella who gives a lot of money away to charities and has done really well for himself, as for his interviews, I haven't seen/heard anything that would actually make me dislike the guy. Is he cocky and throw the odd strop? yeah most professional sports players do.

Living your life with a camera not too far away and dating someone as famous as him would (I'd imagine) drive you bonkers, living as he has done so far it has to be commended with how he's done that, relatively speaking. As someone has already said, he isn't a raging alcoholic, wife beater, racist, or show signs of being a bigot. Anyways I wish him well

So stuff you see on TV and read in the papers then.  Grand so.

I don't watch the news nor do I buy a paper, I get most of my info from here funny enough, the Oracle ;D

I didn't say I dislike/hate sports stars for having a huff or a twitter 'fight' ffs what age are you? Do you ever get annoyed and have a huff and feel sorry for yourself? MOST people do, only when a top sports star does it it's big news.

Usually when I've lost a game for the club (beer belly league even) I get really annoyed. I struggled for years to warm to David Beckham and the stereotype in which the media built around him,  I worked out that media gets off on daft stories and people buy into it. now I think (due to a lot of work he does for charities and the like) he's a decent fella and comes across during interviews as being a great fella and up for a laugh.

Ah right - so you base your opinion of him on the gaaboard.  ::)

I don't like the guy - a lot of people agree with me.  You like him - a lot of people share your opinion also.  Whereas I couldn't give a flying fcuk what you think of him it seems that knickers get seriously knotted when someone presents a bad opinion of him.  Why do you care so much?

PS. Is there a minimum age for being allowed to dislike someone because they are behaving like a t**t?

Smiley face means I'm taking the piss (shakes head)

You are basing your hatred on things he has said in interviews (being honest) and a strop in a tournament, is that it? Oh breaking up with a girl..... WTF !! give me some real reasons please. As for caring I couldn't careless, if he was in the same pub I wouldn't be over annoying him either, he's a fantastic golfer and he's from here. I'm just confused on your daft reasons on not liking someone.

Usually Irish sport fans are supporting sportmen from all over the world, it's nice to have a former No. 1 living on these shores.

I'd say overall there are more people liking him than not liking him. Again I await the sports stars from Ireland you like that are squeaky clean

Smiley face means you couldn't answer the question so tried to bluff it off!

Also, I EXPLICITLY stated that I didn't hate him, I just don't like him and I've told you why.

Just let it go man, life's too short!

Your quote at the bottom best sums it up

Franko

Thought you might struggle to be honest...

As for letting it go, I think you need to heed that advice yourself regarding criticism of your BFF.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on August 12, 2014, 01:39:04 PM
Thought you might struggle to be honest...

As for letting it go, I think you need to heed that advice yourself regarding criticism of your BFF.
Will you let it go if I do?  :-*

Rossie11

After launching his club into the pond at Doral..
What's this seasons line.. Passion or toothache??  ;)

Milltown Row2

That's just daft!!! How much do those clubs cost :o

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

For him, nothing.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 06, 2015, 08:44:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

For him, nothing.

Remember playing one of the Down teams in the league, our best player was frustrated all through the match during a tackle he grab a hurl and flung it over the fence. The stick belonged to the Down man and landed on his car!! It happens in every sport, doesn't mean he was right, a bit of frustration in all the best players, even the shitty ones get annoyed