Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 05, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Kerry Propaganda machine has kicked in!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tomas-s-footballs-smartest-minds-now-go-into-battle-for-sam-30563679.html#comments
The genius of Fitzmaurice ??
I don't think that putting Donaghy into full forward and lumping high balls on top of him is going to win the All Ireland against Donegal.

He's not a genius but he has done the simple things right and at the right time which is encouraging (e.g start Donaghy, substitute Enright). Obviously, Donegal have the edge here since McGuiness has already delivered and AI and he's a professional sports psychologist/trainer but you never know on the day.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: muppet on September 05, 2014, 10:34:13 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on September 05, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Kerry Propaganda machine has kicked in!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tomas-s-footballs-smartest-minds-now-go-into-battle-for-sam-30563679.html#comments
The genius of Fitzmaurice ??
I don't think that putting Donaghy into full forward and lumping high balls on top of him is going to win the All Ireland against Donegal.

Lads there isn't much wrong with that article.

Agreed, Tomás pens a decent article (as does the brother Daragh for the IT), and wouldn't get too worked up about any perceived subtext.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

moysider

I like Tomás. Like all the O Sés.
The winners write the history and the Limerick experience was a horrible one. It was a disastrous day for us and any attempt by neutrals or Kerries to present it as quaint/unique isn t something I can identify with.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on September 05, 2014, 11:20:08 PM
The winners write the history and the Limerick experience was a horrible one. It was a disastrous day for us and any attempt by neutrals or Kerries to present it as quaint/unique isn t something I can identify with.

I agree and even a week later now im still hurting, i cant remember a game that had this type of feeling so long after. 

Call me a whiner or whatever but i just feel as if we were shafted .   Would Kerry of just got on with it if the game got penciled in for Salthill. Id like to read Tomas article if they experienced a defeat in Salthil with the ref giving us  some dodgy decisions.

I won't be renewing my season ticket, fook the GAA.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Seamus

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 05, 2014, 05:27:37 PM
This thread needs locking at this stage.

Before that happens, yes Billy Keane is a spoofer. Never kicked a ball in his life I'd say and just living off his father's name. (John B) I've no idea what the independent publish that crap for. Then again, Martin Breheny is their main GAA guy so..

Tomás article was a good read IMO. No yerra about it at all, rarely is with him.

Billy was handy enough at football, played against him on a number of occasions. He usually played full forward. His brother John was much better though and was one of Listowel's best underage players in his day. It seems both packed it in at a young age. I wonder where John is now, really had talent?
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 06, 2014, 11:13:37 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 05, 2014, 11:20:08 PM

I agree and even a week later now im still hurting, i cant remember a game that had this type of feeling so long after. 

Call me a whiner or whatever but i just feel as if we were shafted .   Would Kerry of just got on with it if the game got penciled in for Salthill. Id like to read Tomas article if they experienced a defeat in Salthil with the ref giving us  some dodgy decisions.

I won't be renewing my season ticket, fook the GAA.

If anything, resentment within the county appears to be still festering.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Seamus on September 06, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

Before that happens, yes Billy Keane is a spoofer. Never kicked a ball in his life I'd say and just living off his father's name. (John B) I've no idea what the independent publish that crap for. Then again, Martin Breheny is their main GAA guy so..

Tomás article was a good read IMO. No yerra about it at all, rarely is with him.

Billy was handy enough at football, played against him on a number of occasions. He usually played full forward. His brother John was much better though and was one of Listowel's best underage players in his day. It seems both packed it in at a young age. I wonder where John is now, really had talent?

John was meant to be a fantastic player. Captained Kerry minors. Moved to Kilkenny years back a man told me. Don't think he played much beyond mid 20s. Not sure why.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

moysider

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 06, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

John was meant to be a fantastic player. Captained Kerry minors. Moved to Kilkenny years back a man told me. Don't think he played much beyond mid 20s. Not sure why.

I think I remember John playing in a league match in either Ballina or Crossmolina? Early 80s? Not very tall but powerfully built? Fair hair? Looked like a good player alright but what a task to break into that team then for championship.

Seamus

Quote from: moysider on September 06, 2014, 11:06:10 PM

I think I remember John playing in a league match in either Ballina or Crossmolina? Early 80s? Not very tall but powerfully built? Fair hair? Looked like a good player alright but what a task to break into that team then for championship.

You are probably thinking of Davy, (father of BJK) or Mike Keane, brothers from Kerins O Rahillys, Tralee. John has dark hair.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

moysider

Quote from: Seamus on September 06, 2014, 11:36:32 PM

You are probably thinking of Davy, (father of BJK) or Mike Keane, brothers from Kerins O Rahillys, Tralee. John has dark hair.

This was deffo one of JB Keane's lads. But it s over 30 yrs ago. I remember the Kerry squad at mass before the game. Deffo JB Keane's son. Might have got the hair colour wrong. I ll double check it with other lads that would have been there anon. Did a bit of a check there and spring in 82 in Cross. would be most likely when this Keane lad played. Who would have been most likely?

macdanger2

I coulda sworn this thread was up to 115 pages yesterday??  :o

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 07, 2014, 12:46:45 AM
I coulda sworn this thread was up to 115 pages yesterday??  :o

Some fella probably had a hissy fit and deleted all of his posts on the thread.

Seamus

Quote from: moysider on September 07, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

This was deffo one of JB Keane's lads. But it s over 30 yrs ago. I remember the Kerry squad at mass before the game. Deffo JB Keane's son. Might have got the hair colour wrong. I ll double check it with other lads that would have been there anon. Did a bit of a check there and spring in 82 in Cross. would be most likely when this Keane lad played. Who would have been most likely?

Mike Keane played two league matches for Kerry in 1982. He played corner back against Mayo in Crossmolina. Your description fitted him to a tee.  http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/game/459/1982-Kerry-Vs-Mayo John B's son never played Kerry senior.

moysider

Quote from: Seamus on September 07, 2014, 01:48:13 AM
Quote from: moysider on September 07, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

Mike Keane played two league matches for Kerry in 1982. He played corner back against Mayo in Crossmolina. Your description fitted him to a tee.  http://www.terracetalk.com/kerry-football/game/459/1982-Kerry-Vs-Mayo John B's son never played Kerry senior.

Ok. Ah well, it was a long time ago. Always thought it was the great man's son.