Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2014, 09:34:54 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 04, 2014, 08:35:36 PM
Imagine if the GAA board was around in 1996, the All-Ireland thread would be 30000 pages at this stage, 99% of which would be giving out about the ref.

I think there would be more giving out in 1948 and 1925 finals!

Well we know you would still be whinging anyway.

Syferus

Pictures from both matches. I was in the Upper Cusack for the first match but in a far more photogenic spot in Limerick.

Croke Park:

Limerick:

And that's only about the first half of the good ones from Limerick.

Jinxy

Imagine if the GAA board was around in 1996, the All-Ireland thread would be 30000 pages at this stage, 99% of which would be giving out about the ref.

Eh, '96 was a textbook refereeing performance.
Best ref in the country at the top of his game.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on September 04, 2014, 11:28:33 PM

Eh, '96 was a textbook refereeing performance.
Best ref in the country at the top of his game.

Yeah exactly like the textbook shooting performance from the Mayo forwards.
Best forwards in the country at the top of their game.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2014, 09:56:47 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/football-as-open-heart-surgery-raw-bleeding-pumping-30551207.html

Embarrassing stuff!

The winners of tomorrow take their lead from the heroes of today. The dividend will be a definite All-Ireland win.

And when the cup is brought back home, the captain of the day will surely say, "we won it for the team of 2014, the bravest men of Mayo, who showed us the way."

How is this lad allowed write for a paper?
And is he related to BJK? WHo was awful both days and shouldnt be let near a kerry jersey
Donahy was unremarkable?
Moran's display was as good as anything Daragh O'Se ever had

Is he on f**king drugs?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mike Sheehy

seafoid

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 05, 2014, 09:30:19 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/football-as-open-heart-surgery-raw-bleeding-pumping-30551207.html

Embarrassing stuff!

The winners of tomorrow take their lead from the heroes of today. The dividend will be a definite All-Ireland win.

And when the cup is brought back home, the captain of the day will surely say, "we won it for the team of 2014, the bravest men of Mayo, who showed us the way."

And is he related to BJK? WHo was awful both days and shouldnt be let near a kerry jersey
Donahy was unremarkable?

Is he on f**king drugs?
Football as open heart surgery - raw, bleeding, pumping -

- also sterile, vulnerable to infections, time consuming, expensive, end of a long process of poor exercise, have to wait ages for it 

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2014, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 05, 2014, 09:30:19 AM

Embarrassing stuff!

Donahy was unremarkable?

Is he on f**king drugs?
Football as open heart surgery - raw, bleeding, pumping -

- also sterile, vulnerable to infections, time consuming, expensive, end of a long process of poor exercise, have to wait ages for it

And Galway are bad at both.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

This thread needs locking at this stage.

Before that happens, yes Billy Keane is a spoofer. Never kicked a ball in his life I'd say and just living off his father's name. (John B) I've no idea what the independent publish that crap for. Then again, Martin Breheny is their main GAA guy so..

Tomás article was a good read IMO. No yerra about it at all, rarely is with him.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2014, 05:30:41 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 05, 2014, 05:27:37 PM

Before that happens, yes Billy Keane is a spoofer. Never kicked a ball in his life I'd say and just living off his father's name. (John B) I've no idea what the independent publish that crap for. Then again, Martin Breheny is their main GAA guy so..

Tomás article was a good read IMO. No yerra about it at all, rarely is with him.

And the propaganda continues. No yerra me b*llocks! The whole article is Yerra!

Has anyone mentioned the dangerous crush after the game on the road behind the Mackey Stand? Thousands of supporters going in both directions on a narrow, walled road and the Gardaí (who were there but were doing feck all to help) had let traffic down the road to make matters even worse. Some poor eejit had the bright idea to get a taxi from the ground amidst it all. He's probably still there waiting for the crowd to clear.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I'd suggest you are a bit paranoid..but I fail to see what exactly in that article could be construed as disingenuous?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 05, 2014, 06:52:01 PM

I'd suggest you are a bit paranoid..but I fail to see what exactly in that article could be construed as disingenuous?

Ah he's only rising you, its all good craic.

Mike Sheehy

Chill out, there was nothing out of the way in that article. You are just looking for things to get worked up about at this stage.

Halfquarter

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Kerry Propaganda machine has kicked in!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tomas-s-footballs-smartest-minds-now-go-into-battle-for-sam-30563679.html#comments
The genius of Fitzmaurice ??
I don't think that putting Donaghy into full forward and lumping high balls on top of him is going to win the All Ireland against Donegal.

muppet

Quote from: Halfquarter on September 05, 2014, 10:27:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 05, 2014, 04:33:10 PM
Kerry Propaganda machine has kicked in!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tomas-s-footballs-smartest-minds-now-go-into-battle-for-sam-30563679.html#comments
The genius of Fitzmaurice ??
I don't think that putting Donaghy into full forward and lumping high balls on top of him is going to win the All Ireland against Donegal.

Lads there isn't much wrong with that article.
MWWSI 2017