Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: criostlinn on September 03, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on September 03, 2014, 09:03:57 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 02, 2014, 11:51:31 PM
''Nonsense. So what if Mayo struggled in a few areas? No team performance is perfect. Crucial ref decisions kept Kerry in match (even if early Mayo scores were against run of play, so what? You could make same observation for Donegal's first goal. That s sport), and gave them some momentum. The non sending off of Enright was a huge cop out. Kerry would not have survived with 14. Look at the toll playing with 14 for a half left likes of Boyle, Vaughan, Seamie off the boil the last day after the effort in second half in Croke Park.
Kerry did not have to work as hard first day, but after a 6 day turn about Kerry with 14 for 50 mins would have been destroyed . Remember Enright later took out Aidan O Sé with a cheap shot before being replaced. Case for giving Enright most important player. Sent in to do hatchet job and gets away scot free before being prudently replaced by Mark O Sé. Surprised by the innocence of some 'neutral' posters on here. The game was decided by ref decisions and the collision between O Shea and O Connor. Collisions cant be legislated for but can t recall many important games being influenced by such refereeing. To suggest that a team should be able to win anyway if they are good enough is risible tosay the least.
Fair play to Kerry - they tested the referee in both games and got a lot of licence to sledge. Meanwhile Higgins in comparison was gentlemanly in his efforts to mark O Donoghue. Cafferkey was more fouled against than fouled imo. We still have a lot to learn from Kerry and its not about marquee forwards. And we were supposed to be a street wise team ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
But I think most Mayo posters would agree that we would not have got away with anything like that. Tradition counts for a lot.''

TRUE WORDS THERE

Another fine post by the best poster in here by a country mile imho.

The biggest cop out was giving COC a yellow card instead of red for the early incident when he kicked Paul Murphy and compounding his error by giving Enright a yellow for going in to back up his teammate. It makes all the arguments about the red card for the penalty incident null and void as COC shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Ok. This is the second time you've mentioned this. Who are you trying to convince that this actually happened. Justify the ref performance all you want and keep denying Mayo were rode senseless the last day but can you please stop making up complete and utter shite.

Haven't posted on this thread since game as it's just been mental.

Just on this though, Enright should have had a black card for the penalty no doubt..but those saying it should have been red are forgetting that he got booked for next to nothing early on.
If a better ref was in charge I would suggest that wouldn't have happened, but he then would have got black and been replaced by Marc anyway.
All just theoretical and in no way detracts from the justified anger Mayo fans will feel towards Reilly.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

blanketattack

''Nonsense. So what if Mayo struggled in a few areas? No team performance is perfect. Crucial ref decisions kept Kerry in match (even if early Mayo scores were against run of play, so what? You could make same observation for Donegal's first goal. That s sport), and gave them some momentum. The non sending off of Enright was a huge cop out. Kerry would not have survived with 14. Look at the toll playing with 14 for a half left likes of Boyle, Vaughan, Seamie off the boil the last day after the effort in second half in Croke Park.
Kerry did not have to work as hard first day, but after a 6 day turn about Kerry with 14 for 50 mins would have been destroyed . Remember Enright later took out Aidan O Sé with a cheap shot before being replaced. Case for giving Enright most important player. Sent in to do hatchet job and gets away scot free before being prudently replaced by Mark O Sé. Surprised by the innocence of some 'neutral' posters on here. The game was decided by ref decisions and the collision between O Shea and O Connor. Collisions cant be legislated for but can t recall many important games being influenced by such refereeing. To suggest that a team should be able to win anyway if they are good enough is risible tosay the least.
Fair play to Kerry - they tested the referee in both games and got a lot of licence to sledge. Meanwhile Higgins in comparison was gentlemanly in his efforts to mark O Donoghue. Cafferkey was more fouled against than fouled imo. We still have a lot to learn from Kerry and its not about marquee forwards. And we were supposed to be a street wise team ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
But I think most Mayo posters would agree that we would not have got away with anything like that. Tradition counts for a lot.''

TRUE WORDS THERE

The biggest cop out was giving COC a yellow card instead of red for the early incident when he kicked Paul Murphy and compounding his error by giving Enright a yellow for going in to back up his teammate. It makes all the arguments about the red card for the penalty incident null and void as COC shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Ok. This is the second time you've mentioned this. Who are you trying to convince that this actually happened. Justify the ref performance all you want and keep denying Mayo were rode senseless the last day but can you please stop making up complete and utter shite.

Why do you find it so hard to believe that COC would kick someone?

Sidney

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 03, 2014, 04:27:27 PM

Just on this though, Enright should have had a black card for the penalty no doubt..but those saying it should have been red are forgetting that he got booked for next to nothing early on.

Himself and O'Connor were going at it and about four or five players joined in, all the while he play was going on down other end of the pitch. It certainly was not "next to nothing". Fully deserved more like.

Syferus

Quote from: Sidney on September 03, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

Himself and O'Connor were going at it and about four or five players joined in, all the while he play was going on down other end of the pitch. It certainly was not "next to nothing". Fully deserved more like.

This one happened right in front of me, imediately after the ball had moved away from Enright and COC Enright started swinging at COC and grabbing and wrestling him. Obviously trying to niggle but my feck if it wasn't incredibly cynical stuff. If anything it should have only been a yellow to Enright, not both. Certainly it wasn't a yellow for nothing. Enright was the luckiest boy in Ireland to survive for more than 20 minutes in that match.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Sidney on September 03, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

I was watching it Sidney..There was no punches thrown by either man that I saw. They had a hold of each other and ended up on the ground mainly due to others rushing in on top of them. Handbags really.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Lar Naparka

TRUE WORDS THERE

Haven't posted on this thread since game as it's just been mental.

If a better ref was in charge I would suggest that wouldn't have happened, but he then would have got black and been replaced by Marc anyway.
All just theoretical and in no way detracts from the justified anger Mayo fans will feel towards Reilly.

Good man, a bit of sense from the "other side of the fence" at last.
But as you say, we're into theory here.
I imagine a better ref wouldn't have left such a mess behind him but that's pure speculation.
I would accept the colour of the card that ref would have shown Enright.  That would be up to him and he would be nearer the action than I was.
But Ernright was already booked for a transgression and that shouldn't determine the colour of the card he would get for giving away the penalty.
What he did to get booked earlier was innocuous enough but the fact is he got booked.  Lee Keegan got sent off in the previous game and he did even less to merit  his red card.
Reilly awarded a penalty against Enright.
Therefore, he decided that he had dragged his man down.
Going by Coldrick's interpretation of the rules, Enright should have walked. Reilly didn't even see fit to issue a card of any colour.
I'm just trying to highlight the lack of consistency when it comes to interpreting the rules. NO wonder players get frustrated.
Anyway, good luck to Kerry, I've no problems with  your win but I wouldn't let Reilly within an asses' roar of a whistle again if I could help it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

There wasn't much love for 'Coldrick's interpretation of the rules' around Mayo last week Lar.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mike Sheehy

To the Kerry posters. Time to move on lads.
This is history. Lets focus on the real enemy.

Your county needs you.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: charlieTully on September 03, 2014, 04:09:09 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 02, 2014, 11:44:35 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on September 02, 2014, 07:29:02 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 02, 2014, 05:43:01 PM
Je hi , just remembering that Derry beat Mayo this year in the NFL semi final.

Bad year for Mayo.

;D haha, you are a bad man. Some serious yapping going on here, take your beating and move on ffs, yis had ample opportunities in the past four years to win an AL and bottled it every time. Its boring now, sympathy is rapidly turning into apathy.

Piss off. Losing on Saturday and the other days had nothing to do with bottle. Disrespectful shite. Don t wan t your sympathy and couldn t care less for your apathy.

apathetic about my apathy?

I've taken my beating and moved on. What else can I do?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on September 03, 2014, 05:57:33 PM
There wasn't much love for 'Coldrick's interpretation of the rules' around Mayo last week Lar.

Funny you should say that. I never realised it until you pointed it out to me.
Maybe, while you're at it, you might tell me what the reason for this lack of love for the bollix, a**hole, Meath mucksavage gentleman  as I haven't got a clue. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

criostlinn

Quote from: blanketattack on September 03, 2014, 04:55:07 PM

TRUE WORDS THERE

Why do you find it so hard to believe that COC would kick someone?

Because the incident happened right in front of me. So I ask you again please  stop making up bullshit to push an agenda on this.

Go home ref

Hopefully after this debacle Cormac Reilly will never referee again he's an absolute f**king disgrace and always has been. It's a pity its taken him destroying an all Ireland semi final for people to see this

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Go home ref on September 03, 2014, 07:04:52 PM
Hopefully after this debacle Cormac Reilly will never referee again he's an absolute f**king disgrace and always has been. It's a pity its taken him destroying an all Ireland semi final for people to see this

Did you name yourself after witnessing Cormac Reilly reffing once or what? ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 03, 2014, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: Go home ref on September 03, 2014, 07:04:52 PM

Did you name yourself after witnessing Cormac Reilly reffing once or what? ;)

;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me