Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on September 01, 2014, 10:58:26 AM

Well done to the Kerry men here.

Usual grief at the end of a campaign. If it s any consolation - and it isn t much - we were unlikely to win a final v Dublin or Donegal.

Nothing to add to what s been said already. Should have closed it out the first day.

My own view as well moy, I'm gutted that the players didn't seal the deal in one of the finals though. As to 'where to now?' Who knows. As has been stated here previously by you and others, other managers would have learned from mistakes made and have a plan in place. How we went with the same man on Donaghy when he was on top is beyond me. In saying that the full back line is coming in for a lot of undue criticsm on here and other places, our midfield was absolutely destroyed. No sign of McLoughlin's '2012 form' against Cork or Kerry x 2 either and that was worrying.

On another note, will COC miss out on an allstar because he got a straight red?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2014, 04:02:25 PM

Usual grief at the end of a campaign. If it s any consolation - and it isn t much - we were unlikely to win a final v Dublin or Donegal.

Nothing to add to what s been said already. Should have closed it out the first day.

My own view as well moy, I'm gutted that the players didn't seal the deal in one of the finals though. As to 'where to now?' Who knows. As has been stated here previously by you and others, other managers would have learned from mistakes made and have a plan in place. How we went with the same man on Donaghy when he was on top is beyond me. In saying that the full back line is coming in for a lot of undue criticsm on here and other places, our midfield was absolutely destroyed. No sign of McLoughlin's '2012 form' against Cork or Kerry x 2 either and that was worrying.

That rule of missing out on all-star because of sending off is no more. O Connor sure to get one this year I'd say Keith Higgins Colm Boyle also, three in total for Mayo.

sans pessimism

That rule was done away with a few years ago,Farr
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Mac2

Quote from: sans pessimism on September 01, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

So close to being the one that hit the 100 SP, robbed again.

cornafean

Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: cornafean on September 01, 2014, 05:09:23 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on September 01, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

About 30 years ago, actually.

It's a shame. Him and Michael Murphy should not be rewarded with all star awards for their off the ball shenanigans. O'Connor's kick on Buckley in particular was shamefully petluant. Certainly not a role model.

Mac2

He got his red card but it's not enough for the likes of you, O'Connor's was pulled and dragged throughout but like in almost every game he plays he almost has to be assaulted before he gets a free. Role models I suppose we have to look to the Dubs for that.

moysider

Aidan O Se will get one as well.

Higgins and O Connor dead certs.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on September 01, 2014, 06:22:11 PM
Aidan O Se will get one as well.

Higgins and O Connor dead certs.
I doubt O Se will make the cut. Midfield pairing should be Moran Kerry Gallagher Donegal. Half forward line Ryan McHugh,Connolly,Flynn.

Syferus

Paul Flynn deserves another, more than Cluxton certainly. Durcan has every chance of winning another All-Star if he has a good final.

highorlow

Just read there now that Reilly didn't let aos back on as a blood sub and regarded him as a full sub. He deemed o'connor a blood sub though.

The man shouldn't be let into an agricultural field again never mind a football field.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 01, 2014, 06:37:20 PM
No chance for O'Se or Boyle. It's usually 6 to the winners and 4 to the losers. Dublin will get two Connolly and Cluxton. There will be a wild card. That leaves two. Higgins has a good chance and Cillian and that's about it!

something badly wrong if Paul Flynn doesn't pick up an AS

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on September 01, 2014, 09:11:23 PM
Just read there now that Reilly didn't let aos back on as a blood sub and regarded him as a full sub. He deemed o'connor a blood sub though.

The man shouldn't be let into an agricultural field again never mind a football field.
+1. A truly pathetic reffing 'performance'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

JOG. Any opinion on the ref on Saturdays game?

Seen as you are or appear to be familiar with rules and refereeing.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go