Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Cork arent that far away either if they get their act together, they probably got those 2 scoring forwards you need lol

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 31, 2014, 10:15:02 PM
That result today will really make Mayos heartbreak even harder to take,Mayo would have relished the chance to take on Donegal and gain revenge for 2012.

Donegal themselves might have had even greater motivation after last year's semi-final.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2014, 09:12:49 PM
A 50-50 match-up, even on a mental level after the great evener that was last year's thrashing by Mayo.

Do you seriously believe that Mayo winning in that nothing game made up for Donegal beating them in an AI Final?

Wildweasel74

Nothing Game, were Donegal not trying to go back to back, if thats a nothing game these days i dont know

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2014, 12:22:24 AM
Nothing Game, were Donegal not trying to go back to back, if thats a nothing game these days i dont know

An exaggeration, but I'm sure you know what I mean. No-one will remember Mayo hammering Donegal in some last 16/quarter final. Everyone will remember Donegal beating Mayo in that AI Final.

east down gael

Don't like to bring it up,but it's a pet hate of mine.when Fionn fitz got his black card for a deliberate trip on andy moran,he ended up in the air and deliberately tried to drop the knees into morans head as he lay on the ground.full credit to Moran for making nothing of it,but it should have been a red and not a black card.

orangeman

It would be a travesty if this thread didn't make it to 100 pages.

Greenabovethered

While bitterly disappointed, I don't think we can have too many complaints about Saturday.  Yes some decision went against us and yes the referee made some dubious calls but as they say on TG4 "Sin É an breaks". Sometimes they go your way and sometimes they don't. I thought that we showed exceptional heart and courage again but we didn't really perform on the day and were second best in the middle third for long periods. We were shipping water all over the place and every high ball into the full back line was hands over the eyes stuff. Despite that the game was there for the taking and we fluffed our lines in the first half of extra times with a couple of bad wides and a missed goal chance. There's a fine line between winning and losing and again we have come out on the wrong side but lost nothing in defeat.  The pain subsides (it always does) and 2015 will be upon us and we go again.

Bensars

When you leave Ciaran Donaghy in a dominant  man on man match up for 67 minutes before making a change , you get what you deserve.
Not for the first time has the lack of decision making on the Mayo sideline been questioned.

Interesting when McStay was asked about the managerial performance , his response was " he was in the top three managers in his (mcstays) lifetime".

Chimley

Quote from: Bensars on September 01, 2014, 10:15:54 AM
When you leave Ciaran Donaghy in a dominant  man on man match up for 67 minutes before making a change , you get what you deserve.
Not for the first time has the lack of decision making on the Mayo sideline been questioned.

Interesting when McStay was asked about the managerial performance , his response was " he was in the top three managers in his (mcstays) lifetime".

Damning Horan with faint praise alright. Only three have managed to get us to a final so he is correct in that. It will be interesting to see where we can go from here.

Rossfan

Disappointed that it needed a replay before the Mwr bucks could get the 100 pages.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Well done to the Kerry men here.

Usual grief at the end of a campaign. If it s any consolation - and it isn t much - we were unlikely to win a final v Dublin or Donegal.

Nothing to add to what s been said already. Should have closed it out the first day. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bensars on September 01, 2014, 10:15:54 AM

Aye and he also let it be known that if he got a phone call from the Mayo CB, he'd give the matter some consideration- or something like that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians