Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:11:10 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:03:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as
Dublin had never played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in the championship before the 1983 All-Ireland semi-final replay.

Dublin had never played in Clones in the championship before 2003 but the qualifier match against Derry was fixed for there as a "neutral" venue.

Dublin did not moan either time and won both matches comfortably.

Well aren't ye just great! God, Patronising sh1t. 31 years ago ye were asked to play an away game after ye played the drawn game in your home city. As for the Clones example, the GAA licked ye're holes and picked a venue half way instead of in Derry.
Well seeing as you think Clones was a fair half-way venue between Dublin and Derry, I'm glad you also think Limerick is a fair half-way venue between Kerry and Mayo!

Monaghan doesn't border either county, and is 1 h 51m v 2h on your beloved Google maps, using Derry City. That is an outrageous 9 minute difference. I can see why you were so upset.
Oh yes, the famous border factor. The fact that Kerry borders Limerick will surely be worth at least a goal start.

I can only compare it to say, if Mayo played Wicklow in Croke Park. Because Wicklow borders Dublin, Wicklow would also effectively have a goal start because of that same "border factor". But if Mayo played Louth there, Louth would not have that border advantage due to the short Meath coastline that separates Louth and Dublin.

I get it now. I can't believe this "border factor" hasn't been made more of in the media until now.

Waterville is 166km from Limerick. Castlebar is 170km. An outrageous 4km difference. I can see why you're so upset.

AZOffaly

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:31:38 PM
Waterville is 166km from Limerick. Castlebar is 170km. An outrageous 4km difference. I can see why you're so upset.

Is Waterville the new County town of Kerry! ;)
Exactly the same criteria as muppet used when making his comparison - the furthest part of the nearer county compared to the main population centre. You'll also find more Gaelic football fans in Waterville than you'll find in Derry City.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:41:27 PM

Exactly the same criteria as muppet used when making his comparison - the furthest part of the nearer county compared to the main population centre. You'll also find more Gaelic football fans in Waterville than you'll find in Derry City.

Castlebar is the main population centre, although in this debate I would be happy if you argue for Ballina.

Waterville - population 538  ;D ;D ;D ;D

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 06:59:40 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 06:56:25 PM

Castlebar is the main population centre, although in this debate I would be happy if you argue for Ballina.

He must mean the 538 protestant fans in Derry? ;)

If they all marched across the motorway at Kinnegad, they still wouldn't don't cause a delay.

In fact that might speed things up.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Sidney

That's probably about 438 more GAA fans than in Derry City.

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 07:07:03 PM

That's probably about 438 more GAA fans than in Derry City.

Come on Derry City lads (or to politically correct we must include the 538 from LondonDerry). Tell this man how many of ye there are!

http://www.derrycity.gov.uk/statistics-(1)/Key-Statistics

Derry City has more Indians than Waterville has people!  ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

FFS lads we've enough to worry about other than that shit stirrer Sidney. He's getting great mileage (pardon the pun) out of comparing distances etc. We've much more things to be worrying about than people in Waterville. Whoever dragged Derry into the equation needs their heads examined, as the last time they were in the championship was the end of June.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Connacht man rambles

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 02:58:57 PM
There is a big difference between supporters criticising something on the internet and the team's preparations.

I suspect what happened to Keegan (neutrals won't understand this) will play far more on the minds of the squad than where the match is played.
Very true, tis just another field for the boys, they wont let Keegan down

Connacht man rambles

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 27, 2014, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 02:58:57 PM
There is a big difference between supporters criticising something on the internet and the team's preparations.

I suspect what happened to Keegan (neutrals won't understand this) will play far more on the minds of the squad than where the match is played.

A trickle of the squad will have heard about anything written on forums etc. And even that will get little or no recognition. Really forums like these are on a Parallel universe to most of the players we discuss. The players are in their own world this week and we are in ours.

Incorrect FTB, I know for a fact that players and management pore over the finer details of gaaboard posts for hours on end trying to find hidden meanings in various statements. Furthermore, posts on the non-GAA section have a direct impact on outcomes in other sports (primarily soccer)
Thats the maddest thing I ever heard! Aiden O'Shea and co do twitter but cant imagine them poring over this

Connacht man rambles

Im new here but Im damned well going to have my say! Kerry blew their stack last Sunday. It wasnt because they didnt play to the best they had and Donaghy coming on saved them. But Mayo at their sweetest unbridled selves playing with abandon was a dream to watch, and had they started the game like that and not worry about defensive patterns would have the game wrapped up at half time. This a seriously good team, the Dubs will be a hell of a hill, pardon the pun! But if Mayo have the O'Shea boys in midfield, tis Aidens only place, Vaughan, centre half back and Parsons CHF, and they take the AllBlacks attitude of, "whatever you score, we will score more", they will win this pulling up. No disrespect to Kerry, but when Mayo came alive with 14 men, they couldnt live with them. Horan, just cut them loose and let them play!

larryin89

Fairpoint Moy but my words re Liam O Neill stand, a complete p***k.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 10:07:11 PM
Predictions anybody?

Mayo and Donaghy to give me several heart attacks and you to have some auld one in a headlock shouting for Mayo at the wedding.

moysider