Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

There is a big difference between supporters criticising something on the internet and the team's preparations.

I suspect what happened to Keegan (neutrals won't understand this) will play far more on the minds of the squad than where the match is played.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: ballinaman on August 27, 2014, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 27, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
The Mayo supporters are shitting themselves!!!!!!
Things are going to get guttural on Saturday...us westerners are a bit unhinged when things get going, anybody I've spoken to is really looking forward to it.

Everybody I've spoken to from Mayo has their ticket and is travelling, we could outnumber the yerras by 2 to 1 and we'll be noisy!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 02:58:57 PM
There is a big difference between supporters criticising something on the internet and the team's preparations.

I suspect what happened to Keegan (neutrals won't understand this) will play far more on the minds of the squad than where the match is played.

A trickle of the squad will have heard about anything written on forums etc. And even that will get little or no recognition. Really forums like these are on a Parallel universe to most of the players we discuss. The players are in their own world this week and we are in ours.

Incorrect FTB, I know for a fact that players and management pore over the finer details of gaaboard posts for hours on end trying to find hidden meanings in various statements. Furthermore, posts on the non-GAA section have a direct impact on outcomes in other sports (primarily soccer)

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 27, 2014, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

A trickle of the squad will have heard about anything written on forums etc. And even that will get little or no recognition. Really forums like these are on a Parallel universe to most of the players we discuss. The players are in their own world this week and we are in ours.

Incorrect FTB, I know for a fact that players and management pore over the finer details of gaaboard posts for hours on end trying to find hidden meanings in various statements. Furthermore, posts on the non-GAA section have a direct impact on outcomes in other sports (primarily soccer)

... and religions.
....and sciences.
....and politics.
....and wars.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 03:07:14 PM
Things are going to get guttural on Saturday...us westerners are a bit unhinged when things get going, anybody I've spoken to is really looking forward to it.

Everybody I've spoken to from Mayo has their ticket and is travelling, we could outnumber the yerras by 2 to 1 and we'll be noisy!
All apart from me. Well in that case, be even noisier!!! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Msgr. Horan

Yeah its amazing how the general public think that journalists trying to sell papers and general "banter" and discussion about a topic can impact the ability of a team preparing for a match.
The appeal not being until tomorrow night is the bigger issue as far as I am concerned, its f*cking unbelievable that you have to wait until 2 days before the actual game to have the appeal heard and get a decision. Now THAT is something that is a distraction for the team and management and could actually affect their preparation, not what fecken field the match is on in.
I presume Mayo have just put together the starting 15 without Keegan and have been training with that as the A team,  and if hes available its a bonus, but still someone has to spend time preparing the objection, the player himself has to be involved and appear, all of which are taking away from the business of beating Kerry.
Course they could have just not objected but in a game of inches where theres a chance of having an all star wing back available who will probably contribute one score, why would you not at least try even if it is an unwanted distraction?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 04:23:47 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 03:07:14 PM

All apart from me. Well in that case, be even noisier!!! ;)

We just need you to be very pessimistic.
One of your last posts sounded less hopeless than usual and that is never a good sign.

Tubberman

Any other season ticket holder not get their ticket yet!?
I got the email at lunch saying the ticket is available to print, but when I login to my account there's no ticket there.
Emailed them but no reply.

I even addressed them as "A chara" and signed off "Mise le meas", what more can a gael do!? ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: Tubberman on August 27, 2014, 05:22:57 PM
Any other season ticket holder not get their ticket yet!?
I got the email at lunch saying the ticket is available to print, but when I login to my account there's no ticket there.
Emailed them but no reply.

I even addressed them as "A chara" and signed off "Mise le meas", what more can a gael do!? ;)

Try again with 'Mere I Wantcha' and finish with 'on me mother's life'.
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: J OGorman on August 27, 2014, 12:15:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
It is too late for worrying about who isn't playing.

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

Just get past this one!!!! Please!!!!

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

do you, hand on heart, think Mayo will win the AI this year?

The winners of Saturdays game will give Dublin a bit of a rattle, but will eventually come up a good bit short.

I do. Dublin have looked impressive against poor teams and haven't been tested yet.

Who knows how Sunday will end up - it's impossible to predict how it will pan out. Donegal will do everything in their power again to get Connolly and MDMA sent off.

No team has put together a performance against a top class side like Mayo's comeback in the second half last week.

Horan has switched Vaughan to midfield with Dublin in mind - if Dublin & Mayo progress then Mayo's hunger will get them over the line on this occassion.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 05:39:00 PM
I do. Dublin have looked impressive against poor teams and haven't been tested yet.

Who knows how Sunday will end up - it's impossible to predict how it will pan out. Donegal will do everything in their power again to get Connolly and MDMA sent off.

No team has put together a performance against a top class side like Mayo's comeback in the second half last week.

Horan has switched Vaughan to midfield with Dublin in mind - if Dublin & Mayo progress then Mayo's hunger will get them over the line on this occassion.

MWWSI 2017

Sidney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as
Dublin had never played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in the championship before the 1983 All-Ireland semi-final replay.

Dublin had never played in Clones in the championship before 2003 but the qualifier match against Derry was fixed for there as a "neutral" venue.

Dublin did not moan either time and won both matches comfortably.

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 05:43:52 PM
The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as
Dublin had never played in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in the championship before the 1983 All-Ireland semi-final replay.

Dublin had never played in Clones in the championship before 2003 but the qualifier match against Derry was fixed for there as a "neutral" venue.

Well aren't ye just great! God, Patronising sh1t. 31 years ago ye were asked to play an away game after ye played the drawn game in your home city. As for the Clones example, the GAA licked ye're holes and picked a venue half way instead of in Derry.
Well seeing as you think Clones was a fair half-way venue between Dublin and Derry, I'm glad you also think Limerick is a fair half-way venue between Kerry and Mayo!

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 06:03:11 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 27, 2014, 05:43:52 PM

Well aren't ye just great! God, Patronising sh1t. 31 years ago ye were asked to play an away game after ye played the drawn game in your home city. As for the Clones example, the GAA licked ye're holes and picked a venue half way instead of in Derry.
Well seeing as you think Clones was a fair half-way venue between Dublin and Derry, I'm glad you also think Limerick is a fair half-way venue between Kerry and Mayo!

Monaghan doesn't border either county, and is 1 h 51m v 2h on your beloved Google maps, using Derry City. That is an outrageous 9 minute difference. I can see why you were so upset.

MWWSI 2017

J OGorman

The Derry Dublin match should have been in Celtic Pk...nothing neutral about it! Twas a home fixture for the mighty Oak leafs but of course the cheeky Dubs got it handy again. A tinkers curse on ye's from hence forth