Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as

JOM was on the last word on Monday evening giving out yards about the venue and the apocalypse that would occur when the Mayo cars happen upon Tuam.

Patrick O'Sullivan was as cute as you like "we're just happy to still be in the Championship yerra we'll play anywhere we have to". The cute hoors are giving Mayo a PR lesson at this stage and as someone said you hope the Mayo footballers are staying well away from this nonsense!

blast05

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2014, 11:19:13 AM
God I hope the Mayo players are well insulated from all this carry-on.

Jesus, on first read i thought you said 'insulted' .....
Supporters to be insulted and players to be insulated would be just fine  ;)

J OGorman

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
It is too late for worrying about who isn't playing.

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

Just get past this one!!!! Please!!!!

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

do you, hand on heart, think Mayo will win the AI this year?

The winners of Saturdays game will give Dublin a bit of a rattle, but will eventually come up a good bit short.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2014, 11:19:13 AM
God I hope the Mayo players are well insulated from all this carry-on.

They've ordered 30 of these yokes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2014, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2014, 11:37:01 AM
The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as

JOM was on the last word on Monday evening giving out yards about the venue and the apocalypse that would occur when the Mayo cars happen upon Tuam.

Patrick O'Sullivan was as cute as you like "we're just happy to still be in the Championship yerra we'll play anywhere we have to". The cute hoors are giving Mayo a PR lesson at this stage and as someone said you hope the Mayo footballers are staying well away from this nonsense!

You do realise that Mayo would be saying the exact same thing as Kerry if this match were fixed for Pearse Stadium??!!! And vice versa

J OGorman

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 27, 2014, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: highorlow on August 27, 2014, 08:11:48 AM
Number 1 clown breheny stirring it against us today in the indo. What a shameless man. Selling his connacht soul to sell papers.

You've hit a new low martin!

I would not get excited by that article! Usual Pogwash from Breheny. Looking for a makey up angle to the game being staged in Limerick. So he went with the Mayo are crying boo-hoo and of course completely ignored any remarks from Kerry. Usual lazy journalism coupled with his usual stereotypes! Breheny is just wading in the shallow water until retirement at this stage.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayo-run-the-risk-of-losing-mind-games-over-replay-rant-30539877.html

picked up a copy of the Sunday Independent there (free in a cafe) and read Lawlors article on Kerry changing tact to keep up wth modern styles and the main input for this article was from from a 'former player' and 'member of the backroom team'...fair old guff Id say total balls

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2014, 11:50:33 AM
Also, regarding statements of solidarity with the downtrodden Mayo folk from former Kerry stalwarts in the media, that reminds me of the sneaky lad in the pub egging on another lad to start a row.
"Did you hear what he said about you Mick, are you going to let him away with it?"
Then he sits back and enjoys the mayhem.
I'd wager most people in Kerry would be quite happy for this furore to continue for the rest of the week.

Sure how can you play mind games with fellas that seem intent on playing them on themselves !

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 27, 2014, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2014, 11:50:33 AM
Also, regarding statements of solidarity with the downtrodden Mayo folk from former Kerry stalwarts in the media, that reminds me of the sneaky lad in the pub egging on another lad to start a row.
"Did you hear what he said about you Mick, are you going to let him away with it?"
Then he sits back and enjoys the mayhem.
I'd wager most people in Kerry would be quite happy for this furore to continue for the rest of the week.

Sure how can you play mind games with fellas that seem intent on playing them on themselves !

See we are sneakey like that up here in Mayo Mikey!! Just like nobody noticed that Kerry had to win the battle with our middle 8 last week when they themselves could only play two in midfield!!

ardtole

Regardless of the game being played in Limerick, I cant wait for the replay in front a packed house, it has the makingsof a great game in a unique atmosphere. Big questions this week should be, will donaghy start, if so who will mark him, will the two osheas start in the middle? will higgins go man on man with odonoghue, who will pick up oconnor. A fasciniating contest in store. Mayo to shade it for me, ive them backed at 13/2 to win the whole thing.

Mayo Club 51

To add insult to injury see where the season tickets and cairde tickets are located, 102/103, 111/112,

macdanger2

Yeah, a lot of things for the two management teams to consider alright, the main things I'd see for Mayo would be:

- Ditch the sweeper and play our normal game?
- Who starts @ MF? Both Moran & Buckley were very influential in the first half, we need to improve a lot here
- Who starts instead of Keegan assuming the appeal is unsuccessful?
- Andy or Alan?
- A plan for when Donaghy comes on?? A little bit of practise this week at blocking his run would go a long way to curtailing him I think and frustrate him into the bargain
- Reduce the amount of goal chances we cough up – has been a problem for a while now and is unlikely to be solved

For Kerry:
- Is Dec O'S and / or Sheehan fit to start? I'd start the former but not the latter
- Start Donaghy or bring him on? I'd bring him on
- What to do if Mayo start running at them like last week??
- How to curtail the influence of AOS?

theticklemister

The Mayo supporters are shitting themselves!!!!!!

Lar Naparka

Jeez,  I don't like Breheny but this has nothing to do with this article.
I don't know what the fuss is all about.
He's saying the craic over  the venue could distract the team's preparations and that is about it.

I mean ".........the arguments over the rights and wrongs of Mayo's position - in fairness, the former outnumbers the latter by an overwhelming majority ."
That's hardly anti-Mayo, is it?
He followed with "Of course, Kerry didn't grumble, but then why should they, since the neighbour's field was the chosen venue."

And how about "And please, would apologists for this decision desist from trying to justify it through the use of geographical illusions that portray Limerick as a halfway house between Kerry and Mayo. Check the map - it doesn't lie?."

I can't see anything wrong here either: " Anyway, the decision has been made and, hopefully, for Mayo's sake, it won't damage their prospects from a psychological viewpoint. Complaining over the venue might appear perfectly logical in Mayo but Kerry will see it as a sign of weakness, hopefully to be exploited."

Makes plenty of sense to me anyway.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

Quote from: theticklemister on August 27, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
The Mayo supporters are shitting themselves!!!!!!
Things are going to get guttural on Saturday...us westerners are a bit unhinged when things get going, anybody I've spoken to is really looking forward to it.

macdanger2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 27, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
Jeez,  I don't like Breheny but this has nothing to do with this article.
I don't know what the fuss is all about.
He's saying the craic over  the venue could distract the team's preparations and that is about it.

I mean ".........the arguments over the rights and wrongs of Mayo's position - in fairness, the former outnumbers the latter by an overwhelming majority ."
That's hardly anti-Mayo, is it?
He followed with "Of course, Kerry didn't grumble, but then why should they, since the neighbour's field was the chosen venue."

And how about "And please, would apologists for this decision desist from trying to justify it through the use of geographical illusions that portray Limerick as a halfway house between Kerry and Mayo. Check the map - it doesn't lie?."

I can't see anything wrong here either: " Anyway, the decision has been made and, hopefully, for Mayo's sake, it won't damage their prospects from a psychological viewpoint. Complaining over the venue might appear perfectly logical in Mayo but Kerry will see it as a sign of weakness, hopefully to be exploited."

Makes plenty of sense to me anyway.

I can't stand Breheny (or the Indo) so I'm going to ignore your post Lar and put this article down as yet another slight against Mayo from him