Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2014, 12:43:31 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
It is too late for worrying about who isn't playing.

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

Just get past this one!!!! Please!!!!

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

He d have moved on straight away. We all have .

Ye have alright yeah in fairness.

muppet

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 01:17:30 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2014, 12:43:31 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
It is too late for worrying about who isn't playing.

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

Just get past this one!!!! Please!!!!

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

He d have moved on straight away. We all have .

Ye have alright yeah in fairness.

We'll bate yiz!

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Well said moy. But sure don't let facts come into it re Horan's moaning/answering questions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Number 1 clown breheny stirring it against us today in the indo. What a shameless man. Selling his connacht soul to sell papers.

You've hit a new low martin!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 07:53:56 AM
Well said moy. But sure don't let facts come into it re Horan's moaning/answering questions.

It's more so his approach all year and even since he's been in charge. He seems to forever be at war with someone or thing.

Like I said, win and he'll be hailed a genius. Lose and he resigns and he spent too much focusing on other things.

Ps, he has previous form for getting journalists to ask him 'setup' questions.

Tubberman

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 08:19:06 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 07:53:56 AM

It's more so his approach all year and even since he's been in charge. He seems to forever be at war with someone or thing.

Like I said, win and he'll be hailed a genius. Lose and he resigns and he spent too much focusing on other things.

Ps, he has previous form for getting journalists to ask him 'setup' questions.

If he can use the media he's dead right. After all, aren't they using him?
I don't think he's constantly at war, but he's no shrinking violet and won't just say what he's expected to say for the sake of it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Champ15

Quote from: Connacht man rambles on August 26, 2014, 09:57:02 PM
Aiden O'Shea needs to be at centre field from the start on Saturday. He looked lost in the first half and constantly out of position. In the second half he played midfield and was the main driving force for the team. He needs and thrives on the responsibility of ball winner and carrier alongside the brother. Dont think he does that at centre half forward. They need go forward momentum from the statr and he provides that. I thought either he or Colm Boyle were MOM on sunday. I would put Tom Parsons centre half forward to give an extra physical presence there, he too is a good ball carrier. The team I would go with would be:

Hennelly
Cunniffe
Cafferky
Higgins
Feeney
Vaughan
Boyle
O'Shea
O'Shea
McLoughlin
Parsons
Doherty
O'Connor
Andy Moran
Dillon.

I would envisage possibly 3 changes to the Mayo team....Andy in for Freeman and Barrett in for Keegan unless his red card is rescinded. This would mean Vaughan going to wing back from midfield and Parsons coming in for Gibbons at midfield with Barrett going corner back.
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

seafoid

The justification for having the Yanks play in CP is that it's business/the money is invested in the sport , presumably to get kids interested in GAA so when they grow up they can be shunted off down the sticks when the Yanks come. It's not logical.

moysider

Quote from: highorlow on August 27, 2014, 08:11:48 AM
Number 1 clown breheny stirring it against us today in the indo. What a shameless man. Selling his connacht soul to sell papers.

You've hit a new low martin!
Wots he muttering about now?

Collie Brolly

Mayo lads will yiz ever take off the blinkers.Thats a very fair article written by Breheny and it has a go,(as he usually does) at the Gaa and CCCC more than Mayo, he just mentions a valid point about Mayomaybe better off staying quiet about it til after the replay.
If ye need to continue yer one eyed bleating do it over on the childish Mayoogaablog with the petty Willie joe and crew.
Also good luck in the replay.

rosnarun

from the article

Quoteday-to-day fixture-making at central level, which is done by CCCC, whose current chairman is Tony O'Keeffe (Kerry).

All makes sense now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

God I hope the Mayo players are well insulated from all this carry-on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

The first paragraph or two are nonsense, of course Mayo should point out that its bizarre, it is.
IMO the game should be in tullamore or portlaoise, somewhere actually neutral, Mayo have never played there in the championship, EVER. That is a disadvantage whatever way you look at it

the rest of the article is balanced, although pure muck but sure what would u expect.

I dont think any mayo people are actually making a big deal out of this apart from larryin89/syferrus or whoever that lad logs in as
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

Also, regarding statements of solidarity with the downtrodden Mayo folk from former Kerry stalwarts in the media, that reminds me of the sneaky lad in the pub egging on another lad to start a row.
"Did you hear what he said about you Mick, are you going to let him away with it?"
Then he sits back and enjoys the mayhem.
I'd wager most people in Kerry would be quite happy for this furore to continue for the rest of the week.
If you were any use you'd be playing.