Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connacht man rambles

Aiden O'Shea needs to be at centre field from the start on Saturday. He looked lost in the first half and constantly out of position. In the second half he played midfield and was the main driving force for the team. He needs and thrives on the responsibility of ball winner and carrier alongside the brother. Dont think he does that at centre half forward. They need go forward momentum from the statr and he provides that. I thought either he or Colm Boyle were MOM on sunday. I would put Tom Parsons centre half forward to give an extra physical presence there, he too is a good ball carrier. The team I would go with would be:

Hennelly
Cunniffe
Cafferky
Higgins
Feeney
Vaughan
Boyle
O'Shea
O'Shea
McLoughlin
Parsons
Doherty
O'Connor
Andy Moran
Dillon.

Farrandeelin

Connacht man rambles, I don't know about you, but my feeling is that Feeney will be on the bench...for the whole game, once again. Welcome aboard by the way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Connacht man rambles on August 26, 2014, 09:57:02 PM
Aiden O'Shea needs to be at centre field from the start on Saturday. He looked lost in the first half and constantly out of position. In the second half he played midfield and was the main driving force for the team. He needs and thrives on the responsibility of ball winner and carrier alongside the brother. Dont think he does that at centre half forward. They need go forward momentum from the statr and he provides that. I thought either he or Colm Boyle were MOM on sunday. I would put Tom Parsons centre half forward to give an extra physical presence there, he too is a good ball carrier. The team I would go with would be:

Hennelly
Cunniffe
Cafferky
Higgins
Feeney
Vaughan
Boyle
O'Shea
O'Shea
McLoughlin
Parsons
Doherty
O'Connor
Andy Moran
Dillon.

Leave Aidan where he is. He s played well there in games and Parsons has had any time let alone an unfamiliar position. There was no support runners last day for Aidan and Kevin Mac first half. The dynamic changed when we went down to 14 but now we have to get our shape back.
Feeney s been out in the cold for so long we don't know how he d go but he's not going to get a run anyway is he? Really now? My Castlebar friends tell me both Richie and Barry fully fit. Barry must have been bould as well.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2014, 10:15:42 PM

Hennelly
Cunniffe
Cafferky
Higgins
Feeney
Vaughan
Boyle
O'Shea
O'Shea
McLoughlin
Parsons
Doherty
O'Connor
Andy Moran
Dillon.

Leave Aidan where he is. He s played well there in games and Parsons has had any time let alone an unfamiliar position. There was no support runners last day for Aidan and Kevin Mac first half. The dynamic changed when we went down to 14 but now we have to get our shape back.
Feeney s been out in the cold for so long we don't know how he d go but he's not going to get a run anyway is he? Really now? My Castlebar friends tell me both Richie and Barry fully fit. Barry must have been bould as well.

You could field a decent enough team of players Horan doesn't like at this stage. What happened to the Coen lad? He had a bad time of it in the Connacht final last year but he was so young that surely you'd be looking at developing him further.

muppet

It is too late for worrying about who isn't playing.

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

Just get past this one!!!! Please!!!!
MWWSI 2017

Connacht man rambles

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 10:20:39 PM
Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2014, 10:15:42 PM

Hennelly
Cunniffe
Cafferky
Higgins
Feeney
Vaughan
Boyle
O'Shea
O'Shea
McLoughlin
Parsons
Doherty
O'Connor
Andy Moran
Dillon.

You could field a decent enough team of players Horan doesn't like at this stage. What happened to the Coen lad? He had a bad time of it in the Connacht final last year but he was so young that surely you'd be looking at developing him further.
He has to make changes given the Keegan situation, and Feeny is the best fit, dont think hes out in the cold, has been carrying an injury. Parsons looked composed when he came on and centre half is not strange to him. O'Shea is one of the best midfielders in the country, why play him out of position? It was obvious his impact from there in the second half. Was talking to young Coen a couple of weeks ago, didnt give up much but seems out in the cold

moysider

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 10:28:13 PM

Get past this obstacle and we will be at bigger odds than MK Dons against the Dubs. We will have learned more from one fixture than we have in entire seasons. We have the GAA messing us around and then the President insulting us. If we win on Saturday it will be very nicely set up.

No lack of motivation anyway Muppet. Especially now that we know that targeting Keegan was management strategy. Boy did that nearly backfire on them!

Mayo4Sam

Part of the reason for the low attendance on Sunday was the train strike.
Saturday will be a sell out
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ardtole

Have Mayo appealed Lee Keegans red card? It would be scandalous if he was to miss the replay, surely Coldrick has the decency to admit it was a harsh call in his behalf. Unfortunately referees generally stick to their guns but to be further punished is unfair. On a sidenote is Durkin from castlebar mitchels on the panel, he was very impressive on their run to the club final whenever I saw him play.

macdanger2

Quote from: ardtole on August 26, 2014, 10:58:48 PM
Have Mayo appealed Lee Keegans red card? It would be scandalous if he was to miss the replay, surely Coldrick has the decency to admit it was a harsh call in his behalf. Unfortunately referees generally stick to their guns but to be further punished is unfair. On a sidenote is Durkin from castlebar mitchels on the panel, he was very impressive on their run to the club final whenever I saw him play.

Yeah, he was v good for Mitchells but not on the panel AFAIK

screenexile

The only chance he has of getting off is a technicality. He attempted to kick.so the red card stands... End of.

Someone talked about the advantage to Kerry of the match in Limerick... Wise the f**k up! The same amount of tickets will be available to both Counties and Kerry have rarely played there! If ye're playing the Dubs in Croker in a few weeks I doubt you'll be saying the same and the advantage they have there is huge! Cop on I expect Mayo to win this one well by keeping Higgins man to man on O'Donoghue and playing their normal game for the full 70. The reality is Kerrys players are not as good as Mayos at this point and Mayo will win!

muppet

Give it a year. He is a terrific prospect, with a great attitude, but there is some competition for places in our half-back line.

Incidentally, Hall from Breaffy also impressed me in the County Final at hb.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 26, 2014, 09:13:05 PM
Gaelic grounds Limerick, its some fookin venue for Mayo to play an all Ireland semi final and just stfu already with the complete manure about how its the same for Kerry or the Mayo co board knew abut this arrangement, it doesnt matter a fiddlers f**k how you gloss this one up, its a massive advantage to Kerry.

And that fat good for nawtin Laois bollix wants to resign after his disgraceful comments about Mayo .

Get down there people, paint the friggin kip green and red , bring everyone along with you, ticket or no ticket, bring the farm animals too, i mean it lets turn this place into a Mayo carnival.

let there be no dublin v kerry final, jesus let there be no kerry v dublin final, please f**k sake let there be no dublin v kerry final.Thats all they want.

Relax Larryin ffs. What age are ye? Your becoming more nerveracking than the f**king matches.
This is no place for Wums or anybody that had lost the plot.

f**k it you were on here saying we'd lose to Ros. Last week you were crowing about hammering. You're either a troll or deranged/on the batter. If you're the latter pm me. I know good people that can help. But quit the shite. These are testing days for all of us.

heffo

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

moysider

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2014, 12:21:37 AM

If Mayo win the AI this year (which I think you will btw) this siege mentality will be hailed as a turning point.

If ye don't, Horan picking fights and moaning about everything will be used as a stick to beat you and him especially

In fairness I think Horan only commented about venue after draw. And he was responding to a question in press conference. He called the venue bizzare- which it is. Not like he harping on a out it since. He was asked a question and he gave a reply. Big deal. I don't Kerry like the idea either. Tomás O Sé doesn t like it either from quote today. I m sure Kerry people will see this a bigger slight than we do. They re the Kingdom after all and they re being forced to play in a provincial ground. Kerry have owned CP more than any team. It's a bigger kick in the teeth for them.
Horan answered a question when venue was announced. He d have moved on straight away. We all have . My tickets are sorted. If I have to reach Limerick via the Aran Islands I ll be there