Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: theticklemister on August 26, 2014, 06:02:28 PM
He was caught out about 5/6 times under the high ball on different men on Sunday. Nothing to do with injury, his positional sense was shocking.

It wasn't half as shocking as his manager clearly leaving an injured players on the field of play.

moysider

He was caught out about 5/6 times under the high ball on different men on Sunday. Nothing to do with injury, his positional sense was shocking.
That was because he was trying to play from in front to compensate for pace. He usent defend like that.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on August 26, 2014, 06:51:33 PM
That was because he was trying to play from in front to compensate for pace. He usent defend like that.

He never plays in front. A great man for the 'hand in'. Also he had no difficulty with Donaghy in 2011.

Whatever the problem is with him, we need it sorted badly.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo Club 51

It now seems the capacity of the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick is a lot less than the 50,000 quoted.

"Munster Council officials, who are overseeing preparations for the clash, last night revealed that the stadium will have a capacity of close to 44,500. There will be reserved seating in the stand and that accounts for about 21,000 seats."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/gaa-chiefs-anticipate-44500-sell-out-for-semi-final-replay-283593.html

IolarCoisCuain

This stuff about the capacity of the ground brings back memories of Tuam in 1999, which had at 5,000 more at it than the ground could take. Don't fancy that again.

I have to smile about the James O'Donoghue and the Gooch comparisons. It's like complaining about Scarlett Johansson because she's not Helen of Troy. She's do fine 'til the next Helen comes along.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 26, 2014, 07:34:43 PM
This stuff about the capacity of the ground brings back memories of Tuam in 1999, which had at 5,000 more at it than the ground could take. Don't fancy that again.

I have to smile about the James O'Donoghue and the Gooch comparisons. It's like complaining about Scarlett Johansson because she's not Helen of Troy. She's do fine 'til the next Helen comes along.

To be out-played by a Mayo forward brings more shame on JO'D than not having an AI medal does.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on August 26, 2014, 07:03:22 PM
It now seems the capacity of the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick is a lot less than the 50,000 quoted.

"Munster Council officials, who are overseeing preparations for the clash, last night revealed that the stadium will have a capacity of close to 44,500. There will be reserved seating in the stand and that accounts for about 21,000 seats."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/gaa-chiefs-anticipate-44500-sell-out-for-semi-final-replay-283593.html

But sure didn't somebody say that Saturday replays never get near the amount of people the first game brings... ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2014, 08:22:57 PM
Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on August 26, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

But sure didn't somebody say that Saturday replays never get near the amount of people the first game brings... ::)

That used to be the accepted wisdom once but was never going to apply in this case.
Also very accessible for Kerry folk. It with be seriously undersize in spite of the location being so inaccessible from Mayo.
It s also turning into a ticket tout's dream.

Jinxy

Would you believe I used to know a girl called Helen Troy.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2014, 09:02:21 PM

Did she work in Sparta?
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Mayo born I'd say. If Scarlett Johansson agreed to do the Ice Bucket challenge in the Gaelic Grounds Mayo wouldn't be too long on getting down there.

An Gaeilgoir

The last couple of pages have me worried, according to some, we lack forwards, others, our back line is not as good as it was, more say JH lacks the tactical know-how, more saying that we wont have learned as much or will not have being brought on as much as Kerry............

Of course, there are issues with this team, but some perspective......

larryin89

Gaelic grounds Limerick, its some fookin venue for Mayo to play an all Ireland semi final and just stfu already with the complete manure about how its the same for Kerry or the Mayo co board knew abut this arrangement, it doesnt matter a fiddlers f**k how you gloss this one up, its a massive advantage to Kerry.

And that fat good for nawtin Laois bollix wants to resign after his disgraceful comments about Mayo .

Get down there people, paint the friggin kip green and red , bring everyone along with you, ticket or no ticket, bring the farm animals too, i mean it lets turn this place into a Mayo carnival.

let there be no dublin v kerry final, jesus let there be no kerry v dublin final, please f**k sake let there be no dublin v kerry final.Thats all they want.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

Did she work in Sparta?

I don't think so.
There was a big high wall around her house though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 26, 2014, 09:14:42 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 26, 2014, 09:05:47 PM

Did she work in Sparta?

I don't think so.
There was a big high wall around her house though.

Did you get past it horse?
MWWSI 2017