Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2014, 09:43:46 AM
If right was right, this would be on in Tullamore.
Newbridge would be better actually .

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:34:08 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 25, 2014, 09:28:16 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 24, 2014, 11:12:29 PM
Unbelievable balls from that team, testicular fortitude in abundance.

Boyler hopping off JOD when he wouldn't give the ball back was a personal highlight, he'll be feeling that one for a few days...

errr, no...that was a cheap shot in any mans language. There was a lot of that stuff with Mayo when they were on top, the fist pumping, chest beating, in your face carry on etc. It's stupid stuff and looked very silly in light of how the game finished. There was less celebration by Kerry when we scored the goal and the equalizing point than there was by some Mayo players when they scored points with 15 mins left.
Backs against the wall demanded a bit of that guff yesterday in my opinion. If we carried on like the way we did prior to the 2 minutes before half time when Kerry basically took us apart with posession prior to Fitzgerald point, we were toast.
Maybe you prefer us to go quietly into the night ala 04 and 06?

04 and 06 are irrelevant except to illustrate that you should stay focussed and press home the advantage when you are on top. If you want to rub a fella like O'Donoghues face in it the way to do it is to keep him scoreless (which Higgins made a very good fist of it must be said).   

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:16:03 AM
I presume Keegan's red car will be overturned the same way Diarmuid Connolly's was in 2011 semi final.
Right?

You do know why Connolly's red card was overturned don't you?
Not exactly, just remember him lifting his hands and it being a very harsh sending off but technically correct, same as yesterday. Was there more to it?

Maurice Deegan was as giddy as a schoolgirl sending him off he forget to take his name and jersey number.

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:56:28 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:20:48 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:17:25 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:16:03 AM
I presume Keegan's red car will be overturned the same way Diarmuid Connolly's was in 2011 semi final.
Right?

You do know why Connolly's red card was overturned don't you?
Not exactly, just remember him lifting his hands and it being a very harsh sending off but technically correct, same as yesterday. Was there more to it?

Maurice Deegan was as giddy as a schoolgirl sending him off he forget to take his name and jersey number.
Jeeze, fair enough so. McLoughlin to slot back into 5?
Leaves a hole in the half forward line for a a player who can get up and down the pitch, tackle and kick a point...... 8) ?

AZOffaly

squire_in_navy_slacks

Thought Moran and Buckley for Kerry were immense yesterday.......................... amazing how the big unit AOSe gets all the gushings

AZOffaly

Moran was excellent in the first half. Best midfielder on show, especially in broken play. Not sure about Buckley to be honest. Aidan O'Sé had a great first 25 minutes of the second half, he dragged Mayo back into it really. Driving at Kerry and taking the game to them. He was quiet in the first half, but it would be churlish to say he wasn't very good in the second.

Andy Moran was very good when he came on too. His movement was great, and started to give Mayo that outlet for the ball delivered in from 30-40 yards.

I'd like to watch it back and count the amount of foot passes over 25 yards that Mayo forwards won, versus the same for Kerry. My gut during the game was saying that Mayo made hay when they ran at Kerry, but apart from a brief period in the second half, the Kerry backs were well on top in the one on one battles. I felt the Kerry forwards movement was better most of the day, and they seemed to win a lot more of that type of pass.

orangeman

Marc O'Se has been some servant to Kerry. He found the going tough yesterday but still came out with a good few balls and was on the Mayo end line to retrieve a pass for Kerry to find the equaliser.

O'Mahony played well to in that loose role with the help of half forwards dropping back.

Mayo did look like a better unit but Kerry still have a lot of good players. Is Dec O'Sullivan injured ?.

In relation to the venue, surely there will be a far larger Kerry crowd next week to the proximity to Limerick ?.

Canalman

Looking for a favour here. Can anyone confirm either way whether AOS (I think) double bounced the ball in the lead up to the penalty. Been bugging me since and haven't been able to watch the replay.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2014, 10:18:14 AM
Marc O'Se has been some servant to Kerry. He found the going tough yesterday but still came out with a good few balls and was on the Mayo end line to retrieve a pass for Kerry to find the equaliser.

O'Mahony played well to in that loose role with the help of half forwards dropping back.

Mayo did look like a better unit but Kerry still have a lot of good players. Is Dec O'Sullivan injured ?.

In relation to the venue, surely there will be a far larger Kerry crowd next week to the proximity to Limerick ?.

Declan O'Sullivanis basically carrying two bad knees. He reminds me of Pat Spillane circa 1986 the way he's patched together. The thought crossed my mind as Mayo stretched away yesterday that this would be the last time we'd see him in a Kerry jersey. He's a great club man, and I think he wants to give Dromid a couple more years. I think this is certainly his last in the Green and Gold.

Moortown Spuds

Did I imagine it or was AOS waving an invisible card yesterday after being brought to ground???

omagh_gael

Has Adam Gallagher played any championship football this year? He was very impressive up in Omagh earlier in the year. Had him marked down as one to watch this summer.

orangeman

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 25, 2014, 10:23:03 AM
Did I imagine it or was AOS waving an invisible card yesterday after being brought to ground???

He was indeed. He doesn't need to be at that carry on.

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 25, 2014, 10:21:23 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 25, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

Declan O'Sullivanis basically carrying two bad knees. He reminds me of Pat Spillane circa 1986 the way he's patched together. The thought crossed my mind as Mayo stretched away yesterday that this would be the last time we'd see him in a Kerry jersey. He's a great club man, and I think he wants to give Dromid a couple more years. I think this is certainly his last in the Green and Gold.

Kerry's minor team which they've been talking about look like a serious outfit and there could be a few placements on that team for the likes of Marc, Aodhan and Declan.