Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: Throw ball on August 25, 2014, 12:41:08 AM
Why should the possibility of a replay in the Donegal v Dublin game trump the definite replay between Mayo and Kerry? Surely replay should be on September 6th.

Has anyone any idea how many people will go to this American college game? Surely there aren't 80k who want to watch?
If tomorrow never comes

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Don Corleone on August 25, 2014, 02:49:40 AM
The amusing issue here is the input/opinions of supporters who's counties are no longer involved. As one from 1 of those counties, I'd gladly go to Limerick or wherever, in the aspiration of reaching the AI Final.
The decision regarding a possible replay was known to both sides before throw-in. The GAA aren't Iarinroid Eireann or the Cork County Board, a huff isn't acceptable. It's Limerick, Coldrick is off the case, HQ rules, on a Saturday, on TV, still August, what's not to like....

The matter of me not being able to attend!! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on August 25, 2014, 12:49:11 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 25, 2014, 12:41:08 AM
Why should the possibility of a replay in the Donegal v Dublin game trump the definite replay between Mayo and Kerry? Surely replay should be on September 6th.

Has anyone any idea how many people will go to this American college game? Surely there aren't 80k who want to watch?
It's irrelevant how many turn up to it. The stadium has been booked for that date for well over a year. You can't go back on that agreement six days beforehand.

Dermot Earley talked about having no objection to concerts and other events, as long as they weren't during the championship season. Amazingly enough, the time when you can book outdoor concerts pretty much entirely overlaps with the championship season. One Direction aren't going to want to play in Croke Park in November. Croke Park is a business, whether people like it or not.
Fair enough Sidney but businesses need to be nice to their customers too. That's called brand management.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 25, 2014, 07:50:34 AM
The amusing issue here is the input/opinions of supporters who's counties are no longer involved. As one from 1 of those counties, I'd gladly go to Limerick or wherever, in the aspiration of reaching the AI Final.
The decision regarding a possible replay was known to both sides before throw-in. The GAA aren't Iarinroid Eireann or the Cork County Board, a huff isn't acceptable. It's Limerick, Coldrick is off the case, HQ rules, on a Saturday, on TV, still August, what's not to like....

The matter of me not being able to attend!! ;)
If it's not your wedding.....then you know the right call to make... ::)

BennyHarp

You are easily amused. I personally couldn't care less about Mayo or Kerry fans having to travel to Limerick but I do care about the mismanagement of Croke Park and the ridiculous scheduling of non GAA events during the most important time in the GAA calendar. I don't think that's an issue that's just relevant to the two counties involved.
That was never a square ball!!

ballinaman

I presume Keegan's red car will be overturned the same way Diarmuid Connolly's was in 2011 semi final.
Right?

heffo

Quote from: ballinaman on August 25, 2014, 09:16:03 AM
I presume Keegan's red car will be overturned the same way Diarmuid Connolly's was in 2011 semi final.
Right?

You do know why Connolly's red card was overturned don't you?

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: J70 on August 25, 2014, 02:05:12 AM
Rip roaring second half today, and fair play to both teams for coming back at different stages when each could easily have thrown in the towel. Unbelievable second half from Aidan O'Shea, while Cillian O'Connor looked well worth all the hype.
What hype? Sure Mayo dont have any forwards. HAve you not read the script man?

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on August 25, 2014, 09:17:25 AM
Right?

You do know why Connolly's red card was overturned don't you?
Not exactly, just remember him lifting his hands and it being a very harsh sending off but technically correct, same as yesterday. Was there more to it?

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 25, 2014, 09:11:43 AM

You are easily amused. I personally couldn't care less about Mayo or Kerry fans having to travel to Limerick but I do care about the mismanagement of Croke Park and the ridiculous scheduling of non GAA events during the most important time in the GAA calendar. I don't think that's an issue that's just relevant to the two counties involved.

Joined up thinking is too far too protestant for Ireland. If the GAA want to say in that wonderful phrase that the reality of the situation is that CP is a business maybe they should change the way they publicise the fixtures and how draws are decided. Would it kill them to define at the beginning of the season the procedures in case the big matches (semi finals and finals) end in a draw ?. Or would they not add on extra time and get the fixture complete on day 1 ?

Wheeling out the commercial director of CP to say "that's the why" on TSG the evening of the draw is pathetic. People should know in advance what the story is. There was a similar c**k up in 2012 when the hurling final was drawn. 

Last minute wheeling , dealing and spinning is the default.

Sidney said earlier that it's Ireland and people will moan about anything but that is  how the system works in Ireland  :o.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: ballinaman on August 24, 2014, 11:12:29 PM
Unbelievable balls from that team, testicular fortitude in abundance.

Boyler hopping off JOD when he wouldn't give the ball back was a personal highlight, he'll be feeling that one for a few days...

errr, no...that was a cheap shot in any mans language. There was a lot of that stuff with Mayo when they were on top, the fist pumping, chest beating, in your face carry on etc. It's stupid stuff and looked very silly in light of how the game finished. There was less celebration by Kerry when we scored the goal and the equalizing point than there was by some Mayo players when they scored points with 15 mins left.

Jinxy

Right?

Lookit, just be happy he'll be back for the final.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ballinaman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 25, 2014, 09:28:16 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on August 24, 2014, 11:12:29 PM
Unbelievable balls from that team, testicular fortitude in abundance.

Boyler hopping off JOD when he wouldn't give the ball back was a personal highlight, he'll be feeling that one for a few days...

errr, no...that was a cheap shot in any mans language. There was a lot of that stuff with Mayo when they were on top, the fist pumping, chest beating, in your face carry on etc. It's stupid stuff and looked very silly in light of how the game finished. There was less celebration by Kerry when we scored the goal and the equalizing point than there was by some Mayo players when they scored points with 15 mins left.
Backs against the wall demanded a bit of that guff yesterday in my opinion. If we carried on like the way we did prior to the 2 minutes before half time when Kerry basically took us apart with posession prior to Fitzgerald point, we were toast.
Maybe you prefer us to go quietly into the night ala 04 and 06?

Canalman

If match was fixed for the 6th the same buckos the following day would be whinging that it is impossible to have tickets distributed for the final with only two weeks to go to the final etc etc . Alternatively if the replay finished in a draw there would be some whinging about playing 3 weeks in a row.

GAA can't win. Imo the GAA had the venue and time arranged before the throw in and everyone knew about it.

Alot of people being disrespectful imo to Limerick ( a great place imo).

Btw the second half yesterday was excellent . Well done to both teams.

Hardy

Should be a great occasion in Limerick. Great idea to take the big matches around the country when the opportunity arises. Might take a run up the road.