Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 24, 2014, 05:20:56 PM
Lyster shitting himself there with a bit of controversy from Brolly, who was bang on the money by the way

What did Joe say?

SHEEDY

some match. cant believe replay is in limerick. all-Ireland semis surely have to be in croke park.
nil satis nisi optimum

Kidder81

Quote from: tyroneman on August 24, 2014, 05:22:24 PM
Lyster shitting himself there with a bit of controversy from Brolly, who was bang on the money by the way

What did Joe say?

Saying that the Gaels of Ireland own Croke Park, That it was a disgrace that replay was in Limerick next week due to Croke Park being in use for American Football & that Gaa going down a dangerous road of money dictating everything

seafoid

Great character from Mayo after having the man sent off. Obviously Dublin will walk the final and be unbackable etc etc cont p 94

Zulu

Quote from: laoislad on August 24, 2014, 05:05:06 PM
Almost as good as a game of Hurling...

Better, as usual.

Indiana you're right, Dillon did do well but who would you take for the Dubs, that's the point?

Gaffer

I hear Peter canavans club in Cavan have a game next Saturday.

Now where will he be if true?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: seafoid on August 24, 2014, 05:25:25 PM
Great character from Mayo after having the man sent off. Obviously Dublin will walk the final and be unbackable etc etc cont p 94

f**k off

Brilliant game

Kidder81

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 21, 2014, 02:31:50 PM
Mayo by a nose hair Id imagine or even a draw...........................Kerry aren't going to put in a we have been on the beer for the year performance like Donegal last year buckos, Id calm down with your annihilation stuff

Should have put the money were the mouth was, brilliant turnaround by Mayo, some of their fist pumping and looking for players to be booked though is terrible

Hardy

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 24, 2014, 05:25:03 PM

What did Joe say?

Saying that the Gaels of Ireland own Croke Park, That it was a disgrace that replay was in Limerick next week due to Croke Park being in use for American Football & that Gaa going down a dangerous road of money dictating everything

Populist bullshite. But he's entitled to his opinion and he'd have been right if he'd tackled Lyster for taking the status quo line as usual. The only time you ever hear him express an opinion is when a panellist says anything against the official Croke Park line. A joke of a journalist.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 24, 2014, 05:25:03 PM

What did Joe say?

It is a pity that they clash, and poor planning by the GAA given that the lines on the pitch Saturday will surely be there on Sunday.

All that being said, I'm in croker on Saturday if the ash cloud doesn't stop it going ahead. Am I less of a Gael?

Zulu

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 05:13:29 PM
Great finish. Can I be the first to say "the football championship needed that". Great comeback from mayo, but Kerry's old heads on the bench, young, Declan and even star helped keep them afloat.

As for the sending off Zulu, we can leave it alone now, but I've seen soft sendings off in hurling as well, and if the question is would a kick like that be a sending off in hurling, my answer would be the risk is every bit as much there as in football. As in you have every chance of seeing red for it.

Fair enough AZ but for me that was an awful sending off. Stick Paul Flynn and Bernard Brogan into the Mayo team and they'd be the best team in Ireland. Colm Boyle is my favourite human being and I've never met him him. He's Brian O'Driscoll and Messi in the one body, a legend.

Whitnail

Congrats to both  teams

Massive character shown from both

Mike Sheehy

Daylight robbery but we'll take it. We are very limited to be honest. Totally punching above our weight but I'd really fear for us against Dublin if we somehow manage to rob Mayo again.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Sounds to me that Joe Brolly and Marty want to double tag Aidan OSe such are their gushings over him