Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Kidder81

Thought O'Donoghue was a bit greedy with that last shot of his, he had a couple of men over

J OGorman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 24, 2014, 05:04:15 PM
The ole kerry team of 7 or 8 yrs ago would have won this game handy enough, Mayo have a good team but 2 forwards short of been dangerous enough. Kerry have a very inexperienced team and still reply on some of the older guys

1 or 2 starters only for the kingdom today that won in 09. A team in serious transition but still making back to back semi finals. You have to hand it to them!

bennydorano

Quote from: laoislad on August 24, 2014, 05:05:06 PM
Almost as good as a game of Hurling...
I know, the wankers.

Some second half. Some atmosphere for 50 odd thousand.

cicfada

Kerry have missed their chance, mayo will win the replay. Imagine being 4 ahead with an extra man and still not winning. 2 chances to win it in the end and they missed. Not good enough !!

Hardy

Quote from: J OGorman on August 24, 2014, 05:04:19 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 24, 2014, 05:03:37 PM
WOW!

Indeed!  Hard to beat the old football

Not if you listened to Tommy Carr - 'it's as exciting as a game of hurling'. What an utterly unfathomable thing for a football 'pundit' to say.

Sidney

Somebody get me an ambulance now. That was too much.

Rudi

Fair play to Mayo. COC, Boyle and Aidan O Se drove them forward. Great display of passion and pride. Fair play also to Kerry for a good fight back. Great catches from the big man. Mayo are in trouble at fullback.

Limerick is no choice for the replay

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: cicfada on August 24, 2014, 05:08:16 PM
Kerry have missed their chance, mayo will win the replay. Imagine being 4 ahead with an extra man and still not winning. 2 chances to win it in the end and they missed. Not good enough !!

You are really overestimating the importance of a red card in GAA Football.

AZOffaly

Great finish. Can I be the first to say "the football championship needed that". Great comeback from mayo, but Kerry's old heads on the bench, young, Declan and even star helped keep them afloat.

As for the sending off Zulu, we can leave it alone now, but I've seen soft sendings off in hurling as well, and if the question is would a kick like that be a sending off in hurling, my answer would be the risk is every bit as much there as in football. As in you have every chance of seeing red for it.

BennyHarp

Well that was a very enjoyable game. Fair play to Mayo, that was some effort they put into that second half showing plenty of character to turn around that 5 point deficit after losing, in my opinion their best player. What do they have to do though to finish off a Kerry team at Croke Park?
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

Imagine been ahead by 5pts with 4mins and injury time to go and not win , tuh tuh

tyroneman

A fantastic game marred slightly by the mindless commentary. Would it really be so difficult for them to learn the rules of the game????

Kidder81

Lyster shitting himself there with a bit of controversy from Brolly, who was bang on the money by the way