Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:40:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Zulu, I agree with you about Paul early by the way.

AZ, please answer my point, should that have been a red card in hurling, a game with the exact same rules? If you apply the rules as per the rule book then most tackles are a free so why do you apply the rule as per wording in this example?

EDIT: Sorry quoted the wrong post AZ. Though yes Earley is an absolute disgrace as a co-commentator, he is genuinely useless.

That wasn't a tackle, it was a petulant kick out. If a hurler did something similar like maybe grab a lads helmet I'd say he was at risk of a red too.

AZOffaly

dublin7

O'Shea leading Mayo to victory, super 2nd half.  Kerry have no bench. From the minute O'Donoghue missed the goal chance their heads went. Can't remember the last time a Kerry team self destructed like this

Zulu

Cillian O'Connor stepping up to the mark but is there anyone else in the forward line? Mayo have huge heart and character and there team 1 to 9 are outstanding, their backs are phenomenal warriors but their forwards are not up to the task.

Zulu

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 04:53:09 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:40:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Zulu, I agree with you about Paul early by the way.

AZ, please answer my point, should that have been a red card in hurling, a game with the exact same rules? If you apply the rules as per the rule book then most tackles are a free so why do you apply the rule as per wording in this example?

EDIT: Sorry quoted the wrong post AZ. Though yes Earley is an absolute disgrace as a co-commentator, he is genuinely useless.

That wasn't a tackle, it was a petulant kick out. If a hurler did something similar like maybe grab a lads helmet I'd say he was at risk of a red too.

Not like a grab of a helmet, a petulant kick, don't change the incident. There is no way, no how, no nothing that would have been a red in hurling.

heffo

Is Tommy Carr the most ill-researched commentator ever?

Doesn't know what is and isn't a black card
Didn't know Donaghy was injured for most of the year

SouthDublinBro

Wildweasel74

The ole kerry team of 7 or 8 yrs ago would have won this game handy enough, Mayo have a good team but 2 forwards short of been dangerous enough. Kerry have a very inexperienced team and still reply on some of the older guys

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:54:40 PM
Cillian O'Connor stepping up to the mark but is there anyone else in the forward line? Mayo have huge heart and character and there team 1 to 9 are outstanding, their backs are phenomenal warriors but their forwards are not up to the task.

Dillon got 0-4 from play hardly shabby

Captain Obvious

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.