Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
Agree, Mayo need Andy Moran now. Mayo forwards are again showing why Mayo haven't won all Ireland.

This. Silly me, I gave the mayo forwards more credit than it looks like they deserve. And David Moran is the best midfielder from open play on view.

Silly red card, but mayo are up against it now. If they come through it will finally put to bed all this talk of mental weakness etc.

If they don't, it will be mentioned again, as will their weaknesses up front.

Mayo don't have forwards, simple as. A few forwards and they'd be genuine All Ireland contenders but yet again they've have been absolutely useless. In saying that I'm surprised at quite how bad they've been and it must be said the Kerry forwards are not much better. Not sure winning this game matters as Dublin, should they get through, will tear these two teams apart.

tiempo

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on August 24, 2014, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 24, 2014, 04:09:22 PM
Rules very clear, kick = red card. Stupid stuff from Mayo, no way back now.

Ps. How does Tommy Carr get these gigs despite not even knowing the rules of the game?

The rules are the same for hurling and there is no way in hell a hurler would have got sent off for that. The rule is there for a reason but you can't end a man's game or reduce a team to 14 for a flick of a leg, this isn't shagging soccer.

All respect Zulu let hurling look after itself.

Thats a red card he just didn't connect like Mayo in general in the first 35 minutes

Eh??? Hurling has the exact same rules as football so a red should be a red in both codes so what do you mean?

bcarrier

Quote from: Rudi on August 24, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
Keegan got Keegan sent off with his stupid antics. correct decision by Ref. Kerry have a fair old blanket set up.

Fixed that for you.

trileacman

Not a red lads. If it was then Maher should've walked for the shoulder into O'Sheas chest.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

cicfada

"Your man" is Alan mulholland recent Galway football manager !

J OGorman

A kick , same as a punch is a red card. Stupid by the player but an easy one for the ref.

Zulu

Quote from: J OGorman on August 24, 2014, 04:24:23 PM
A kick , same as a punch is a red card. Stupid by the player but an easy one for the ref.

Nonsense. Is Moran injured? How he isn't on for Freeman is bizarre.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:18:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2014, 04:12:01 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
Agree, Mayo need Andy Moran now. Mayo forwards are again showing why Mayo haven't won all Ireland.

This. Silly me, I gave the mayo forwards more credit than it looks like they deserve. And David Moran is the best midfielder from open play on view.

Silly red card, but mayo are up against it now. If they come through it will finally put to bed all this talk of mental weakness etc.

If they don't, it will be mentioned again, as will their weaknesses up front.

Mayo don't have forwards, simple as. A few forwards and they'd be genuine All Ireland contenders but yet again they've have been absolutely useless. In saying that I'm surprised at quite how bad they've been and it must be said they Kerry forwards are not much better. Not sure winning this game matters as Dublin, should they get through, will tear these two teams apart.

Kerry forwards just that bit better movement and smoother striking.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:26:46 PM

It's not nonsense. That's the rule.

INDIANA

Quote from: trileacman on August 24, 2014, 04:21:42 PM
Not a red lads. If it was then Maher should've walked for the shoulder into O'Sheas chest.

Connolly walked for less in 2011. If he did that you'd all say it was a red. But because its not a Dub its differen't Hypocrisy

AZOffaly

Zulu, I agree with you about Paul early by the way.

J OGorman

Quote from: Zulu on August 24, 2014, 04:26:46 PM

Injured?  What are you on about? It's a red card as per the rules.

GalwayBayBoy

Coldrick giving a few soft ones to Mayo now. Maybe trying to even it up a bit.