Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 19, 2014, 12:39:27 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 19, 2014, 12:28:35 PM
always make me laugh , fella arguing the Toss about whose Grandfather Bastardised the correct irish spelling of a name the most .
the name is Ó Donnchadha ,

Mayo by 7

..or O'Donnchú..there's a large area of north Kerry called Ballydonoghue..Baile uí Donnchú..seeing as how you brought it up!

I'm hoping it will be O'Donn-a-who? on Sunday.  ;)
MWWSI 2017

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 19, 2014, 11:42:15 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 04:10:16 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 19, 2014, 03:55:13 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 19, 2014, 02:05:01 AM
CO'C is every bit as much a stand-out as O'Donaghue, sadly.

Who?

That's exactly what I said when the PR machine took over this year.

Trying to be the Martin McHugh of the board now? Good to see you've found your level anyway..sounds about right.

Just winding you up. O'Donoghue is a serious talent. His ould man was an unused sub back in 1980, my dah still has the program and the bad memories.
And the "7 degrees of Roscommanation game" gets yet another thread back to the Rossies eventually.
Did ye not read the article recently which said statistically counties with populations below 100K havent a notion of winning the all ireland. Time for the Rossies to get breeding

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

GalwayBayBoy

This thread has been Rossied. They all get Rossied eventually.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 19, 2014, 03:49:57 PM
This thread has been Rossied. They all get Rossied eventually.

Not much chance of anything being Galwayed around here, to be fair.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

I know it's Paddy Joe without even clicking the link. Great hair cuts at good prices.

Zulu

This is a tough game to call but I think Mayo are favourites against Kerry for the first time in a very long time. I think Kerry would have Mayo's number had they met most years pin the past decade but the pieces are falling into place for Mayo this year IMO. They still lack a real killer forward but C O'C is getting closer that level all the time, Andy Moran will improve the more football he gets under his belt and Doherty is finally bringing some consistency to his play. They are probably stronger in the middle third than they've ever been (and they were very strong there for a few years as it was), they've a bit more about them up front and their full back line is capable of marking high quality forwards.

Kerry will deliver a performance, you couldn't see them not show up like the Cork hurlers last Sunday, and when Kerry perform that can beat anyone. Still I've a feeling it's the green and gold jersey that keeps you from going with Mayo confidently.

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on August 19, 2014, 05:21:26 PM
This is a tough game to call but I think Mayo are favourites against Kerry for the first time in a very long time. I think Kerry would have Mayo's number had they met most years pin the past decade but the pieces are falling into place for Mayo this year IMO. They still lack a real killer forward but C O'C is getting closer that level all the time, Andy Moran will improve the more football he gets under his belt and Doherty is finally bringing some consistency to his play. They are probably stronger in the middle third than they've ever been (and they were very strong there for a few years as it was), they've a bit more about them up front and their full back line is capable of marking high quality forwards.

Kerry will deliver a performance, you couldn't see them not show up like the Cork hurlers last Sunday, and when Kerry perform that can beat anyone. Still I've a feeling it's the green and gold jersey that keeps you from going with Mayo confidently.

For me no. I m more worried about how we let Cork back into it after our third 1/4 push when the issue should have been resolved there and then. We ve a habit of doing that and probably will continue to do so.

If I was to compare and pick our players against other teams I d have a good few Mayo players as choice - even against the Dubs . Cunniffe/Cafferkey, Higgins, Keegan, Boyle, 2 X O Shea, McLoughlin and O Connor would all be choice?

I m not starting a debate here that somebody might be better than Boyle, Higgins or Cillian O Connor. What I am saying is that if I were putting out a team I would gladly have them before I would look elsewhere.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

blast05

So, southerly to south-easterly gales likely on Sunday. So anyone in Hogan (probably back to row MM (3/4 of the way back) if not further) will get a soaking.
I will meanwhile be sitting with a smug smile in row MM in mid Lower Cusack  ;)

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 19, 2014, 05:21:26 PM

For me no. I m more worried about how we let Cork back into it after our third 1/4 push when the issue should have been resolved there and then. We ve a habit of doing that and probably will continue to do so.

If I was to compare and pick our players against other teams I d have a good few Mayo players as choice - even against the Dubs . Cunniffe/Cafferkey, Higgins, Keegan, Boyle, 2 X O Shea, McLoughlin and O Connor would all be choice?

I m not starting a debate here that somebody might be better than Boyle, Higgins or Cillian O Connor. What I am saying is that if I were putting out a team I would gladly have them before I would look elsewhere.
That's what worries me too. That's the alpha and the omega of our problems.
We damn near let the Rossies piss on our parade also and if you go back to the league, there were a few games where the team eased off when they could have won comfortably.
Joe Brolly claimed that Mayo won't win and AI unless they develop a streak of ruthlessness and for once, I agree with him.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo4Sam

We've been hearing all year that this team is peaking for September, well we're very close to that now and you'd like to see an improvement.
15 minutes of football against Cork is all we've really shown this year but then that's been enough so why would we do more.

I'm getting a worrying sense of deja-vu to 2009, I thought we'd piss all over Meath and might have if Killer didn't go off injured but we let them stay in the game and they had the stronger kick.

Last day out seemed a bit like that but we had the kick so maybe that was the deja-vu moment.

Unlike most here I don't worry about our forwards, we put up huge scores regularly, COC can give us 8-10 per match and the rest chip in. Its our tactical naivety at the back where we go toe-to-toe, that cant happen with O'Donoghue on Sunday
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me