Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 18, 2014, 01:50:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2014, 12:40:21 PM
I wonder will Horan do us all a favour and start Varley? I mean we don't like to see him coming on and I must admit any time he does come on my heart sinks (sorry REDCOL, PS you were damn right in calling for Caolan Crowe to be called up) and so do the other season ticket supporters. So maybe start him and take him off perhaps? At least he'd have his stintín done and wouldn't be shooting mad wides with 10 minutes to go.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Good man Farr!

Seriously though has there ever been a quieter Mayo thread.

I mean could it be that we all would like to win this one but we know what s coming after?

It'll happen when you least expect it, Moy..

Crete Boom

Well the bookies have this as more or less a 50/50 game and I don't know about anyone else but Kerry are the last county you want to be in a 50/50 game with!!!

I think a combination of our lads running on empty and the Kerry fellas growing up batin' the shite out of us will see a cozy enough win for the Kingdom. If I had to give a prediction I would say the yerra's will hit us for a couple of early sucker punch goals ( expect a heap of laser like high accurate balls in on top of our fullback line for the first 15 mins) with us dragging ourselves into the fight through the O'Shea brothers getting stuck into the the Kerry midfield only for the team's legs to run out of life around 55 mins along with the killer James O Donoghue goal.

So there it is ladies a prediction Farr of Knockmore would be proud of , Mayo 1-15 ( Cillian with 1-06) Kerry 3-16. :'(

The real question is can the Dubs keep their side of the bargain to tee up the peoples final and give us maybe a rerun of 1975 again!! ;)

muppet

Cunnife or Higgins for O'Donoghue?

Both are quick enough for him, but I think Cunniffe might be the man to start on him and Higgins can then get involved in his normal game or fight fires as they break out.

Kerry would want to start a lot better than they did against Galway. Mayo would take at least 50% of those early chances Galway missed and if we get an early lead Kerry will find it hard to drag us back, unless O'Donoghue catches fire.

We have won two games by a single point this year, which is either living dangerously or demonstrates the ability to win tight matches, depending on your view of the world.

Still thinking an edgy 2 point win.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Absolutely disgraceful that this has only got 12 pages so far.  >:(
A sign that the Mayowestros bucks know the game is up I expect.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Mike Sheehy

Reaching 3 consecutive AI in this day and age would be some going in fairness. I find it hard to see us competing against Mayo's middle third. They'll know all the tricks in the book at this stage.

seafoid

I never thought this fella would be a Mayo supporter

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f128ee6c-1daf-11e4-8f0c-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz3AlWNQAlu

Philip Stephens, FT chief political commentator

Dry-stone walled, rough-thatched, and cutting a swath through the bracken and gorse, my new home glances down at the narrow Pollagh river as it meanders towards the Moy and gazes up through the mist towards the peak of Sliabh Cairn. County Mayo in the west of Ireland is a place of desolate beauty, of peat bogs, mountains, fog and, yes, rain. Tourists head for the prettified Atlantic coast and stare at the expensive yachts in Westport harbour. Those in the know enjoy rural Mayo as nature intended.
©Andrea Pistolesi/Getty
My imagined house sits on the edge of Kiltimagh (Coillte Mach), the place of my mother's birth and where, as a child, I spent countless glorious summers. In the eyes of Dublin sophisticates, this makes me a "Culchie" (Coillte). Kiltimagh gave Ireland the disparaging term for someone struggling to comb the hay from his hair. I have been called worse.

The house is vast, a permanent retreat for the scattered diaspora of Martins and Costellos. In the stone-floored sitting room stands a peat-burning range, its blackened pots simmering with boiled ham and starchy potatoes. There are occasional touches of luxury: the bathrooms are inside and there is central heating upstairs.

The house, of course, would not cost £1m. Nothing like it. But I would use the change to buy and reinstate the town's Savoy cinema: a place of fond memories

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 18, 2014, 12:37:05 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 18, 2014, 12:33:47 AM
The cute hoors are confident they'll bate Mayo, they might just get an awful shock to the system.

Are Mayo about to burst into the 2014 championship and say 'how does that sit, for a tired team' ?

Good Man Larry. Are you just in from the Pub?

More of bumping of the thread and it worked too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: seafoid on August 18, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f128ee6c-1daf-11e4-8f0c-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz3AlWNQAlu

Dry-stone walled, rough-thatched, and cutting a swath through the bracken and gorse, my new home glances down at the narrow Pollagh river as it meanders towards the Moy and gazes up through the mist towards the peak of Sliabh Cairn. County Mayo in the west of Ireland is a place of desolate beauty, of peat bogs, mountains, fog and, yes, rain. Tourists head for the prettified Atlantic coast and stare at the expensive yachts in Westport harbour. Those in the know enjoy rural Mayo as nature intended.
©Andrea Pistolesi/Getty
My imagined house sits on the edge of Kiltimagh (Coillte Mach), the place of my mother's birth and where, as a child, I spent countless glorious summers. In the eyes of Dublin sophisticates, this makes me a "Culchie" (Coillte). Kiltimagh gave Ireland the disparaging term for someone struggling to comb the hay from his hair. I have been called worse.

The house is vast, a permanent retreat for the scattered diaspora of Martins and Costellos. In the stone-floored sitting room stands a peat-burning range, its blackened pots simmering with boiled ham and starchy potatoes. There are occasional touches of luxury: the bathrooms are inside and there is central heating upstairs.

The house, of course, would not cost £1m. Nothing like it. But I would use the change to buy and reinstate the town's Savoy cinema: a place of fond memories

Beautiful. Best of luck to him.

IolarCoisCuain

I wonder will Horan do us all a favour and start Varley? I mean we don't like to see him coming on and I must admit any time he does come on my heart sinks (sorry REDCOL, PS you were damn right in calling for Caolan Crowe to be called up) and so do the other season ticket supporters. So maybe start him and take him off perhaps? At least he'd have his stintín done and wouldn't be shooting mad wides with 10 minutes to go.

I mean could it be that we all would like to win this one but we know what s coming after?

I've no fear of Donegal. People talk about revenge for the quarter-final last year but Donegal were running on empty then. Doubt it hit them that hard. Mayo, however, wouldn't mind some revenge for the year before. Relax yourself Moysider. Those Gallowglasses don't come sweeping down the glens like they used to.

seafoid

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 18, 2014, 10:23:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 18, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

©Andrea Pistolesi/Getty

Beautiful. Best of luck to him.
A great piece of writing. He  has a grá for the county. 
Captures it very well.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: larryin89 on August 18, 2014, 12:33:47 AM
The cute hoors are confident they'll bate Mayo, they might just get an awful shock to the system.

Are Mayo about to burst into the 2014 championship and say 'how does that sit, for a tired team' ?

The smiling assassin is coming for ye Larry..don't get too excited now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFO5ztumVXs
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

moysider

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 18, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

I mean could it be that we all

I've no fear of Donegal. would like to win this one but we know what s coming after?
People talurself Moysider. Those Gallowglasses don't come sk about revenge for the quarter-final last year but Donegal were running on empty then. Doubt it hit them that hard. Mayo, however, wouldn't mind some revenge for the year before. Relax yoweeping down the glens like they used to.

I wasn t thinking about Donegal, but if they manage to do the Dubs and we face them, I would fear them an awful lot.

As regards Kerry on Sunday. I don t think 'tradition' will have anything to do with us. If we had a bit more about us in the forwards and didn t hang our markers out to dry we would be nailed on. Disappointingly both are issues that needn t ever have become an issue but it could be our undoing like it almost was v Cork. In most areas we should have the edge on Kerry except for O Donoghue and maybe that bit of savvy on the line. But that may be enough for Kerry.

While O Donoghue is special it might be some comfort for Mayo fans that Jamie Clarke was held to just 1 point in his last two games. These things can happen but the way we set up you would fancy that O Donoghue and others will be given chances.

A plus for us is that we almost got caught by Cork but managed to tough it out. A different Cork and a very docile Galway rolled over for Kerry so they really cant be sure how they will react if they are put to the pin of their collar? 

rossiewanderer

I have a heavy wedge on Mayo.Looking forward to a great game between two really good attacking sides.I think Mayos overall team ethic will swing it.
  The winner will make the best opposition for Dublin.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: moysider on August 19, 2014, 12:14:33 AM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 18, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

I mean could it be that we all

I've no fear of Donegal. would like to win this one but we know what s coming after?
People talurself Moysider. Those Gallowglasses don't come sk about revenge for the quarter-final last year but Donegal were running on empty then. Doubt it hit them that hard. Mayo, however, wouldn't mind some revenge for the year before. Relax yoweeping down the glens like they used to.

I wasn t thinking about Donegal, but if they manage to do the Dubs and we face them, I would fear them an awful lot.

As regards Kerry on Sunday. I don t think 'tradition' will have anything to do with us. If we had a bit more about us in the forwards and didn t hang our markers out to dry we would be nailed on. Disappointingly both are issues that needn t ever have become an issue but it could be our undoing like it almost was v Cork. In most areas we should have the edge on Kerry except for O Donoghue and maybe that bit of savvy on the line. But that may be enough for Kerry.

While O Donoghue is special it might be some comfort for Mayo fans that Jamie Clarke was held to just 1 point in his last two games. These things can happen but the way we set up you would fancy that O Donoghue and others will be given chances.

A plus for us is that we almost got caught by Cork but managed to tough it out. A different Cork and a very docile Galway rolled over for Kerry so they really cant be sure how they will react if they are put to the pin of their collar?

So 14 of Mayo's team are better than Kerry equivalent you say?

Care to do a player by player breakdown of that for me?
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...