Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2014, 04:54:26 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2014, 04:06:22 PM
Well, well, well, the thick plottens, as my (sole) Rossie friend would say. So Adam Gallagher is still on the panel and fight enough to play for his club, yet Horan keeps him in limbo land.
From the way he was shaping up during the league, I thought he'd be a shoo in for the championships.
It's not as if we were blessed with an abundance of talent upfront or anything close to it and yet Gallagher and Feeney are in the dog house and seem likely to stay there for the rest of our season.
Anyone know why they are not in James's good books?

Now we know who is out to get him .
of course there will be rows with the county board and little power plays on behalf of the manager , look at Mcguinness in donegal who wont be Happy till the sun orbits him.
but  some one is running to the media every time there is a little row in the camp and of course the media will run with it
their duty is to inform the public  and Horan never gives much away,

I suspect a castlebar Faction is Preparing a coup Adam Gallagher is the future but now is Feenys time and he is a fantastic asset to mayo as he could Literally play in any position on the Field. the bench maybe the best place for him but to be used and not in the 68Th minute.

There isn't much evidence of a Castlebar faction on the CB, is there?
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2014, 04:54:26 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 12, 2014, 04:06:22 PM
Well, well, well, the thick plottens, as my (sole) Rossie friend would say. So Adam Gallagher is still on the panel and fight enough to play for his club, yet Horan keeps him in limbo land.
From the way he was shaping up during the league, I thought he'd be a shoo in for the championships.
It's not as if we were blessed with an abundance of talent upfront or anything close to it and yet Gallagher and Feeney are in the dog house and seem likely to stay there for the rest of our season.
Anyone know why they are not in James's good books?

Now we know who is out to get him .
of course there will be rows with the county board and little power plays on behalf of the manager , look at Mcguinness in donegal who wont be Happy till the sun orbits him.
but  some one is running to the media every time there is a little row in the camp and of course the media will run with it
their duty is to inform the public  and Horan never gives much away,

I suspect a castlebar Faction is Preparing a coup Adam Gallagher is the future but now is Feenys time and he is a fantastic asset to mayo as he could Literally play in any position on the Field. the bench maybe the best place for him but to be used and not in the 68Th minute.

There isn't much evidence of a Castlebar faction on the CB, is there?
could that be part of the problem.
I was not thinking it would be any on on actual CB itself All upstanding members of the community im sure but some one is feeding the Press .
Maybe it the Disappointed ones.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

muppet

I seriously doubt if any of the squad are bothered about anything other than the semi-final.

Maybe one of the understandably pissed-off clubs got wind of the row.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Quote from: muppet on August 12, 2014, 09:22:10 PM
I seriously doubt if any of the squad are bothered about anything other than the semi-final.

Maybe one of the understandably pissed-off clubs got wind of the row.

Fair play to Horan. He was a club manager himself and he knows its dog eat dog and right now he's in a position to bite hardest. The same was a county board meeting reported last week where clubs were very critical of Horan for putting pressure on players not to play in senior championship games. This is nothing new and there's no moles or coups involved. One of Horan s most scathing criticshas been his own clubman ironically. Horan knows well what s he s up against and fair play to him. 
The same delegates will be sharpening knives for him anyway for the AGM when they ll be wearing their county hats. f**k them.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by ''the plot thickens' Lar.

The story itself seems like a non story that was just chuckled on at the press conference , why the Mayo news made a headline out of it , i can't fathom , if it was the CT id understand .

I'm not shy about pointing out any mistakes i think Horan has made but in his defence and to be fair to the players you mention both Feeney and Adam seem happy to be part of matchday squad and training squad .

Adam Gallagher played two very good games v Kildare and Tyrone in the opening rounds of the league , then he seemed to be found out v Kerry as in s&c , he looked fooked in that game. Personally i thought it would be just a learning curve and that it was an introduction to senior level proper , practice and more games i thought would of been essential to his development but he has not been seen since. So maybe that is what is required as in maybe its a year too early for him.

The feeney situation is like said above done to death, i cant rhyme nor reason  with it, we all know he was needed last sept , most of us believe there was friction and then our first outing champo 14 and hes introduced in injury time . The man brings loyalty to a new level, fair f**ks to him.

There is always the possibility that he is being saved for sept final day and hes beeen in special trainning all summer to run the fookin bol  x off MDMA  and co,  :D :) :) :) ;)

What is s&c? Strengthening and conditioning (not great with the buzz stuff)? That wouldn t be an issue if he was playing where he can play.

I was at those games. He did not look fooked v Kerry. He looked like somebody asked to play out of position. Just like Kevin McLoughlin looks like when he s asked to play in corner, and McLoughlin was a settled player and couldn t do it. What chance had Gallagher? Horan is obviously so desperate for corner men he s going to try things but the Gallagher thing was ridiculous - I mean why not try Shane McHale or Tom Cunniffe cf. At least they would have marked cfs. Gallagher had no business being played cf whatsoever. Doherty is one of the few we have that can play inside and he s been resprayed as a grafter and occasional point taker. Feeney and Gallagher can do the grafting but cant play inside. It doesn t make sense.

PS. At least the penny has dropped and Dillon now playing closer to goals. 2 years too late maybe but it s still a plus.

moysider

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 13, 2014, 12:00:08 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on August 12, 2014, 02:54:52 PM
Is someone ouut to get Horan
or at least disrupt mayos Campaign
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20439:mayo-manager-horan-denies-quit-rumours-&catid=14&Itemid=100008

In fairness, that's a disgrace. He has every right to walk away.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

People get carried away up here about the auld clubs - the people who run/own the clubs that is. Horan knows that. He also knows that the clubs will shaft him as well as soon as he loses. Like they did Mckey Moran and John Morrisson and others. Yet it is all James Horan s fault. Meh.

Chimley

Quote from: moysider on August 13, 2014, 12:09:17 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 12, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by ''the plot thickens' Lar.

The story itself seems like a non story that was just chuckled on at the press conference , why the Mayo news made a headline out of it , i can't fathom , if it was the CT id understand .

I'm not shy about pointing out any mistakes i think Horan has made but in his defence and to be fair to the players you mention both Feeney and Adam seem happy to be part of matchday squad and training squad .

Adam Gallagher played two very good games v Kildare and Tyrone in the opening rounds of the league , then he seemed to be found out v Kerry as in s&c , he looked fooked in that game. Personally i thought it would be just a learning curve and that it was an introduction to senior level proper , practice and more games i thought would of been essential to his development but he has not been seen since. So maybe that is what is required as in maybe its a year too early for him.

The feeney situation is like said above done to death, i cant rhyme nor reason  with it, we all know he was needed last sept , most of us believe there was friction and then our first outing champo 14 and hes introduced in injury time . The man brings loyalty to a new level, fair f**ks to him.

There is always the possibility that he is being saved for sept final day and hes beeen in special trainning all summer to run the fookin bol  x off MDMA  and co,  :D :) :) :) ;)

What is s&c? Strengthening and conditioning (not great with the buzz stuff)? That wouldn t be an issue if he was playing where he can play.

I was at those games. He did not look fooked v Kerry. He looked like somebody asked to play out of position. Just like Kevin McLoughlin looks like when he s asked to play in corner, and McLoughlin was a settled player and couldn t do it. What chance had Gallagher? Horan is obviously so desperate for corner men he s going to try things but the Gallagher thing was ridiculous - I mean why not try Shane McHale or Tom Cunniffe cf. At least they would have marked cfs. Gallagher had no business being played cf whatsoever. Doherty is one of the few we have that can play inside and he s been resprayed as a grafter and occasional point taker. Feeney and Gallagher can do the grafting but cant play inside. It doesn t make sense.

PS. At least the penny has dropped and Dillon now playing closer to goals. 2 years too late maybe but it s still a plus.

Fair play Moy, You've hit the nail on the head again there. I agree 100%.

larryin89

The cute hoors are confident they'll bate Mayo, they might just get an awful shock to the system.

Are Mayo about to burst into the 2014 championship and say 'how does that sit, for a tired team' ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Looking forward to this game, I think it could be the match of the championship so far (with Mayo hopefully coming out the right side of a tight game)

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 18, 2014, 07:45:13 AM
Looking forward to this game, I think it could be the match of the championship so far (with Mayo hopefully coming out the right side of a tight game)

It'll do well to be as good as Mayo's last match. Both matches look to be fascinating.

Farrandeelin

I wonder will Horan do us all a favour and start Varley? I mean we don't like to see him coming on and I must admit any time he does come on my heart sinks (sorry REDCOL, PS you were damn right in calling for Caolan Crowe to be called up) and so do the other season ticket supporters. So maybe start him and take him off perhaps? At least he'd have his stintín done and wouldn't be shooting mad wides with 10 minutes to go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 18, 2014, 12:40:21 PM
I wonder will Horan do us all a favour and start Varley? I mean we don't like to see him coming on and I must admit any time he does come on my heart sinks (sorry REDCOL, PS you were damn right in calling for Caolan Crowe to be called up) and so do the other season ticket supporters. So maybe start him and take him off perhaps? At least he'd have his stintín done and wouldn't be shooting mad wides with 10 minutes to go.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Good man Farr!

Seriously though has there ever been a quieter Mayo thread.

I mean could it be that we all would like to win this one but we know what s coming after?